Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hoarders stand up and be counted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tylerae40, May 6, 2011.

1. My name is Tyler and i am a hoarder. Who else here is a collector or hoarder? Who else collects nuts, bolts, parts, tools, steel, pannels or whole cars for that one day project? I know it’s great when you need a part and you turn around and it’s in a shelf waiting, but a bit disturbing when people ask you if your the local scrap metal merchant. I ask because my family's ordeal with removing 15 years worth of stuff from a hoarder residence. I live on a farm when home (work away) and I have about 20 cars and trucks and a few sheds full of parts. I keep collecting the cars and trucks off farms, and tips before the Crushers come, to “save them”. I also collect parts from old cars in the bush. Does anyone know why we collect or hoard stuff then won’t let it go? I people can post pics it’d be cool.

<O:p</O:pCheers tyler<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    My shed front.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    <O:p
    [​IMG]</O:p>

2. guilty as charged:rolleyes:. i've got buckets of bolts, washers, nuts etc "just in case". mum and dad are in the process of moving house atm, i guess i caught hoarding off my dad cos we found parts in his shed off cars that he hasnt owned for 15 odd years:eek:

3. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

must be a aussie thing im using parts on my current build i removed from cars 30 years ago

4. Divorce = Cure for hoarding... Not really... just had to hoard smaller things!

5. Love ta buy, sell and trade, but it still seems I'm a hoarder as well. They say confronting the problem is the first step.

OK, forget I said anything!!!!!!:eek:

6. problem???? who said it was a problem????:D

7. I'm the ultimate hoarder.
    3500 sq/ft full of everything.
    Also a 40' container full and
    a 20' x 40' shed too.
    That doesn't count all the stuff lying outside.
    Just put about 200 sq/ft of mezzanine floors
    in the shed for more floor space.
    Needed it to work on the cars ...

8. The TV shows most of the hoardars as loners.

Wrong, a really hoarder has lots of friends!! He needs somebody to help him tote the crap around!!!:eek:

9. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I think its called living the dream. If I lived an America and had the space, Id be out rescuing everything, but Id probably sell it to restorers or swap for parts I needed.

10. Didn't George Carlin do a routine about hoarding? It's called something like "A Place For Your Stuff" ...

11. Hi my name is Cameron and I am a horder. My hording is only limited by the size of my warehouse or home. Unfortunately my affliction extends past cars and car parts, to pretty much anything thats old and/or interesting: furniture, timber, photos, cards, wine :) tools, 50's fridges...

Please help me,..no actually I am fine!

12. Foul

Foul

13. pinman 39

pinman 39

Heres a few things to ponder
    He who dies with the most toys is still dead .
    Do you own your things or do they own you .
    I have enjoyed everything I have ever owned .When I bought it used it and sold it .
    If you don't know what it is do you need it .

OT When your wife cleans out the closet ,why does she start with your side !

Well enough of this I am trying to buy another car this morning HA !

14. I have too much stuff... so I'm selling stuff, and I'm scrapping the stuff nobody will buy...

To some i'm an asshole for scrapping stuff... To others I'm a hoarder for keeping it in the first place, You can't make anybody happy but yourself.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

im not really a hoarder...I like to look at it as rescue of old for the future

16. alchemy

alchemy

I think hoarding is a cause for divorce. I have to watch myself, as the wife is always on my case.

17. kenymac

kenymac

I too became a hoarder!! (Old Tube Radio's ) I started to collect old Tube radio's from the 20's thru the 50's and ended up having hundreds of them stored in the shop, the attic and even some in the house. (Only the nice ones were allowed in the house as per the wifes rules!!) I finally started to sell them off to thin out the herd. I finally went up in the shop attic and brought them all down and now no more of them go back up!! Most are going to the swap meet this summer! It is amazing how fast the herd can grow! Kinda like rabbits!!! Now I've been collecting 45 records for the two juke boxes and up to around 3,000 and growing!! I must be a hoarder!!! But at least they don't take up much room and everybody loves to hear the old juke box playing their favorite oldies!!!

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

i have a problem, but i am ok with that
    [​IMG]

19. no55mad

no55mad

Someone has to preserve automotive history. Saving old car stuff is not hoarding - saving pizza boxes and old Halloween pumpkins is hoarding.

20. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

OK you caught me!!!!!!!!!!

I have the car magazines from 1957 and up I also have the go kart magazines back to 1959 when they cost .35 cents.

I also have some of the Eastern Drag News that they used to sell at the drag strips.

World Karting issues I have since they started in North Canton, Ohio 1971 and up through the 90's.
    Remember National Kart news when it was a newspaper? I used to sell them at different tracks in the north east and I have a box of those.

Old parts and other stuff including license plates back to 1916 from Conn.

My wife favorite saying is the boy's grew up and the father never did!!!

Jimbo

21. 85-percent

85-percent

I've got a fierce magazine hoarding problem. I got it from my dad. I can still remember 20 years ago throwing out some 70's national dragsters. regretted it ever since.

And my car hobby has morphed from building and working into hunting for cool stuff at swaps and garage sales.

I'm trying to recover, I've got a lot of car dreams left to finish and I'm getting old quick!

-90% Jimmy

22. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Yeah, yeah. Its all fun and games untill the car turns into a piece of cr*p. I've seen a lot of stuff hoarded and ruined because they couldn't let go.
    [​IMG]
    One owner 56.Left outdoors.
    [​IMG]
    Nice convert.After a few years the blue tarp blew off.
    [​IMG]
    I know this MOPAR is too new for HAMB but in Hoarder years;its ready.
    [​IMG]
    Nice 58 Corvette with 67 K miles. It has about two feet of leaves in it.
    [​IMG]

Pisser is that this guy had money.

23. Ghost28

Ghost28

I have got about 4 projects waiting and 2 in processs of completing. I have got to say that all of my hoards are indoor, or under cover stored away. I have forbid myself of any more until these are either sold or completed. I have it under control, there is no problem, I can quit any time I want.:eek:

24. If I try to stash anything else in the garage I won't be able to get the '51 squeezed in. Already have a trailer full and 3/4 of this oversize 2 car garage! I need to get the American Pikers to come to my garage and pay their stupid prices for some of my stuff, then I can go out and buy more stuff. It's a sickness for sure :eek:

Attached Files:

25. abone1930

abone1930

I Hoard only on occasion :p I get tired of looking at it after while or need money for another project then sell. I have 2 buddies that are hoarders, need money but want sell a damn thing, one doesnt let the stuff rot in the ground another has about a 50 cars that 1/2 have rotted in the ground, drives a piece of crap car, and is broke but has a 50 cars in the yard :rolleyes: Anytime he gets money, buys someting else. Its depressing going over there:( He has problems.

26. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guilty--I hoard stuff I may never need and can't find it when I do need it--sickness I guess-can't resist 40 Ford clocks, instrument clusters, dashes-etc.--and just bought some more!! When I check out, hope they don't end up in a yard sale but my wife knows what they are.

27. striptnut

striptnut

My name is STRIPTNUT and I am a hoarder. Dont see a cure for this . Dont want a cure for this. Im moving from a 1/4acre of land to a 1/2acre shortly to accommodate "my stuff" . Im pretty young in this hoarding thing [about 10 yrs]so at this point its only stuff that will bolt on my trucks with a bunch of odds and ends that I snatched up thinking " I might need it later" Oh shit ! I just wrote that didnt I ? . Anyway I got friends that come over who have the same rides as I do .Every now and then we find a part that they need to get em back on the road. The wife is ok with all my stuff , as long as my trail of parts dont start trickeling into the house. Im cool with that.

28. striptnut

striptnut

My name is STRIPTNUT and I am a hoarder. Dont see a cure for this . Dont want a cure for this. Im moving from a 1/4acre of land to a 1/2acre shortly to accommodate "my stuff" . Im pretty young in this hoarding thing [about 10 yrs]so at this point its only stuff that will bolt on my trucks with a bunch of odds and ends that I snatched up thinking " I might need it later" Oh shit ! I just wrote that didnt I ? . Anyway I got friends that come over who have the same rides as I do .Every now and then we find a part that they need to get em back on the road. The wife is ok with all my stuff , as long as my trail of parts dont start trickeling into the house. Im cool with that.

29. You hoarders are all sick man! sick!

30. At almost 60 years old with a 1500 sq ft garage with a 25x25' carport out back and a 14x25 storage building with a loft that was down the road. Both buildings and carport being full to the point that it became hard to move around in let alone do any work so I decided to start unloading 'stuff'! Most of my junk is from the 60's...stuff I grew up with as a teen and mostly muscle car era. I started 'getting rid of' about 3 years ago but got serious about it 7 months ago when I noticed more 'stuff' was coming back nearly as fast as it went. Now the storage building is gone and I can actually do some work in my shop and park a car under the carport! I feel a LOT better now lol