Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got tricked

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kram, May 2, 2011.

1. bill wallace

bill wallace

My wife bought me a big lathe in 1975 & I still have both. This is our 50th year of marriage & its still a love affair !

2. pumpman

pumpman

Nice story, Great Wife! Have one like yours. Sparks may be gone but we sure have a real nice glow going after 42 years. Although sparks do fly when I want to drive her car, and they ain't the kind of sparks that leaves a goofy smile on your face.

3. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Thats the reason I kept my wife around.

4. Real important!!!! Never question her judgment! Look who she married.
    What a great lady. These kind of stories bring a smile to my face.

5. gsport

gsport

great story... i thought it was going to be about someone that got ripped off

6. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Mine surprised me with some 17" TTs for my OT ride at the All-Chrysler Nationals two years ago. Gotta love a woman who'll do something like that for you! And I think we're all in agreement with the a happy wife = a happy life sentiment! Good on you buddy, treat her right!

7. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

does she cook & clean too?

8. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

That is very cool what do you guys think about starting a thread telling how our spouses or significant others have done that kind of stuff for us over the years I've got three that I count as very big. I'm sure others do also If there is any interest I'd be glad to start a thread to thank them for their assistance!

9. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

UH...... a wife like that or a jacket and purse:D

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Your wife understands car talk??? My wife just hears "wah, wah, wah, wah wah.! when I talk cars. :)

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Don't let your wife know about the other two!!!!!!!! :)

12. striptnut

striptnut

Im in ! I dont think I could ever thank my girl enough for the things shes done for me and my cars .

13. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

when I first met my wife she could cross-thread a cap on a gallon of milk, now she is my "partner-in-crime" in playing with vintage tin, now if she could only get the hang of metric hardware <grin>

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Wow, she is a keeper for sure !!!

15. -Brent-

-Brent-

Yeah, she was very cute in her message she'd left on my phone. She was unsure if was even the right number. And later when I called her to verify the plans, she said, "It HAD to be Saturday..." because she didn't want to wait any longer.

I thought surprising you was a neat thing for her to do, UNTIL you PMed me. Then I got all sorts of uncomfortable because I didn't want to lie to you or mess up her surprise.

Both of you are really nice people, you can tell by the way they speak, how they look you in the eyes, smile, etc.

16. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

I'll never tell.

17. Old&Low

Old&Low

Great trick, and great idea for a thread! I owe my wife for 'budgeting' for our new shop (her idea too) and everything in it, tools and cars! I definitely know what a 'keeper' is.

18. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

My wife doesn't buy me things for my hobby but she has always supported whatever I wanted to buy. It took me a while but I finally realized why.... I buy a tractor, a few days later the furniture delivery truck shows up. I buy a car ....a few days later the furniture delivery truck showes up.

19. yardgoat

yardgoat

Thats great,time for rose,s and a night out.Congrats.....................YG

20. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Wow, the same thing happened to me when I found a set of 35 spokes. Except for the part about her buying them for me, or suprising me with them, or even knowing about them at all.:eek: It was more like I bought them and didn't tell her about them because she doesn't care.

21. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

My wife wouldn't even know what they were...

22. striptnut

striptnut

HAHAHAHA! Man does that sound familiar .

23. 94hoghead

94hoghead

My wife is always buying me Hot Wheels! Not quite as cool as old car parts, but cool none the less...

24. G'day all, My wife is back in school taking some classes while she studies for the bar exam. Last Thursday night she was up very late studying. I found out the next morning that she was actually on Ebay waiting to snipe a Richmond gear 4+1 for my 59 Chevy. She won it too. She does things like that all the time.

Last August we spent our 30th wedding aniversary in California at the Pomona swap meet. She's a keeper too.

mitch

25. darkk

darkk

Can I borrow your wife?:confused:

26. dudley32

dudley32

What a Sweetheart...tell her I said so...d32