Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im about to re-wire a 51 Ford, need some tips.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chieftian, May 2, 2011.

1. 53chieftian

53chieftian

I'm about to do a complete re wire on a 51 Ford, including changing it from 6 volt to 12 volt. I have done that portion many o time. This one will be going from a positive ground to a negative ground system and it still has the flat head in it. Are there any tips or tricks or snags i need to know of for this? I know all about switching lights and all the standard 6 to 12 volt swap stuff. Its the positive to negative ground swapping that gets me. Will the starter still work the same and all that stuff? Thanks for any info! Tony.

2. cherokee_64

cherokee_64

I have a thing I wrote up a while back. It's about switching from 6v to 12v, but also has alot about changing from positive to negative in it. Maybe it will help. If you have any questions, contact me.

http://www.how-to-build-hotrods.com/6v-to-12v.html

3. 53chieftian

53chieftian

Even though I already knew most of that, it was a nice easy reading refresher! I think I should be set to go with what I have! Thanks Cherokee!