Register now to get rid of these ads!

will m/t olds valve covers clear roller rockers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Left Turn, May 2, 2011.

1. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I've got a set of roller rockers on a 455 in the shop (harland sharps)... just wondering if the M/T Covers will clear them... I'd like to know before I buy a set....

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I don't think so. You can swap the rockers to Fords design, there's a "kit" to do the swap. Instead of the " ball/trunnion", that does'nt locate the valve tip very well, more of a sleeve is used, so the rocker can't "rock" sideways. I did this years ago with a 396 in a bracket car, and at the time, roller rockers were scarce/back ordered. I used stock valve covers, so the M/T's would also clear. Just a thought. I "think" Boss 302 Ford rockers are the ones actually used. Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. Swede64

Swede64

They did work with Harland Sharp roller rockers on my 455 but only if you put double valve cover gaskets on it.

4. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I have some pretty thick valve cover gaskets already... I wonder if they'd be enough...

5. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

If they arent tall enough, a few folks out there are making valve cover spacers. I'd have to do some looking to see which of the olds vendors out there are making them.