Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What the hell??? I bought a corvette, purists stand back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

Sold my correct 64 when I found this 61. This is as I bought it, yet to start this project. Was raced in California. It wont be red.

Do as you please

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Purist? I think that the car in your avatar deserved a whole lot more respect instead of being made into a cartoon. :eek:

Mark will do it right, if any of you naysayers would do a little research you'd know.

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Man, I love these cars, they look great. but I am not going to get carried away, pretty much the same mods as my impala, pretty simple mods cuz they are good lookin cars to begin with

4. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

That is my favorite body style vette.

5. abone1930

abone1930

Damn, nice vette to start with, shouldnt take to much work to turn it into a nice custom. You gonna lower it some more too? What ever you do it will look good for sure :D

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Whatever you do it'll look killer!

7. 231ramona

231ramona

While I'm not a big fan of changing a good original Vette to the point where it can't be put back to original, I think there are already plenty of restored cars out there and there's nothing wrong with building yours any way you want. Many of us remember when these cars were a few years old and were customized or hot rodded and that's what we remember most about them.

Attached Files:

8. Vette zinger oh ya

you do have the large shrinky dink machine right?

9. I am so offended by that car. Well maybe jealous would be a better term.

That is one sweet corvette I don't care what the purests thing.

10. Touche !
    But then I guess that fits in with the vast majority of HAMBers.
    It appears that I have a difference of opinion from some of you boys but I figured that to be a good thing ? I mean growing up I constantly observered the old guys arguing about anything and everything, especially that related to cars. At the end of the day, all was good. I presumed they liked it that way. Made things interesting.

Anyhow, didnt mean to ruffle feathers here, so lets just see what Moriarity comes up with. If its cool, im man enough to admit it. If not, im bustin his balls. :D

11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Vonzemo, take a few minutes and search some of Moriarity's posts/threads...once you do that, you'll know the vette is in good hands. The man has taste.

12. N8B

N8B

You sir, are truly amazing..........

13. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

This thread just screams for attention, sort of like calling yourself Phucker screams for attention......................

14. Abomination

Abomination

That's awesome!

15. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

My dad used to call me a phucker

16. Touche Z-Man, you'd think none of the naysayers commenting on this thread, had ever checked out, the extremely talented work, we've witnessed in the past, from Mark. I look forward to the subtleties of what will no doubt, be another classy signature "Moriarity" build.

17. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

My popcorn is almost finished, wait. Zman, if your going to dog on a guys pride and joy then can we at least see yours? (not the unfinished Henry J)

I cant wait to see the vette finished, the Impala is sweet.

18. Last edited: May 2, 2011
  19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The Henry J was me trying to finish someones else's work, I gave up on that... But Verbal got the thread for the build on my 57

The search function is your friend.

But I'm sure when Mark is done with the Vette chicks will want to rub their butts on it like my Buick...

[​IMG]

But like 29bowtie said Mark has a history here with doing some BAD ASS work. I trust he will do it right.

20. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Mark you do killer work. I can't wait to see it.

21. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Whata snatch napkin...

22. zep058

zep058

^^^^What he said.

23. he must be done with the mods by now ... while we all must haggle

24. Big John Mazmainian comes to mind!!!! Don't see alot of custom Vettes either...

25. How about this look....

[​IMG]

26. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

27. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Both very cool cars! I think some personal touches make them a little more your own. That is my own opinion and sice they are your cars you should build them any way that you see fit.

28. jipp

jipp

your vet rocks. when i was 15 i was working for this small company, he made machines that made floppy disks yeah early 90s.. anyhow, he had bunch of cool stuff major rich off his product or his family i dunno, i was 15 working there during the summer as a painter.. just spray the frames a blue color real simple. anyhow, he had a vet same year as yours a blue one.. i use to sneak down to the barn and sit in it and pretend to drive all over the world during my breaks.. then for some reason he brought it out of the shed and put it his front yard, maybe to impress forion investors? or keep me out of it. LOL, anyhow, unfortunately in oregon it rains and he did not have the top on it so it sat all summer in the open air to the elements.. dunno what happen to that car, but thanks for the memory. i remember at 15 that car fit me like a glove and i remember the gear shifter be so tight compared to my vw. hah.
    chris.

29. indyjps

indyjps

Car is very nice the way it sits, maybe lower it, upgrade mechanical for speed / handling etc. drive it for a while.

Very nice paint on it to start custom touches, unless youre doing the paint yourself.

Not opposed to custom touches, I just havent seen many vettes that look better after being customized.

30. indyjps

indyjps

Car is very nice the way it sits, maybe lower it, upgrade mechanical for speed / handling etc. drive it for a while.

Very nice paint on it to start custom touches, unless youre doing the paint yourself.

Not opposed to custom touches, I just havent seen many vettes that look better after being customized.