Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just another new guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Greyhound, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound

Hi all - Been a lurker here for awhile, but decided to jump into the pool! I am a former Army Huey Pilot and spent 2 years in Vietnam. My call sign was Greyhound 10 of the 240th AHC. Thats why the "Greyhound" logon. I have been into all types of cars over the years including VW's and 4x4's, worked as pit crew member on off road reacing for many years. I am currently working on a Hot Rod version of a 1957 Chevy Cameo pickup and since a purchased a 1955 4x4 Big window with flatbed as a parts truck I have been trying to also build that up also. I also am a member of the San Diego Model Car Club and spend as much time as possible building mostly Hot Rod models. I look forward to joining the discusion. Dan K.

Attached Files:

2. Dan,
    Welcome from Michigan.

3. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

Welcome from NY !

4. Thanks for your service GI. This a great place to laugh and grow your hot rod skills.

5. wkrman

wkrman

welcome Dan

6. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment! New Mexico! Thank you very much for your service.

7. A Duece Bruce

A Duece Bruce

Welcome Greyhound! Thanks for being there when we needed you to fly us around vietnam. You were very brave and are appreciated for that. Enjoy the H.A.M.B, Bruce Co. D 1/20th inf. Americal Div. Duc Pho Vietnam 68-69

8. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

Welcome Dan, I'm just up the road in Fallbrook.

Sargent E-5 Sir, " and your right Colonel, I never thought I'd make Sargent either!"

9. Welcome from Oklahoma

10. Greyhound

Greyhound

Sorry i did not reply to all the Welcome Posts. My wife and I were in Utah for the 23rd Greater Salt Lake Model Car Contest, our 8th time at this event and just got back after exploring around Northern Utah. And yes it did Snow! To: A Duece Bruce - I was stationed at Bearcat and supported mostly 9th Inf and later 25th Inf Div around the Parrots Beak and into Cambodia. I also worked for Macv in 1973 and was in Vietnam when all the US Troops were ordered out. It was a bad time and I don't envy our guys trying to get out of Afganistan, always rough to be last group out! Also to Woodie Nut- thanks maybe I can get some advice from you on good shops etc. Dan K. Greyhound 10, Vietnam 69/70 and 73