Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods It followed me home from georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoutflyin, Apr 30, 2011.

1. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

We got home early this morning from Marietta, GA with a purchase I found listed on CL a couple months ago. We'd planned to leave Milford, OH, on Wednesday, but deferred to the weather forecast. Thursday evening we passed through Ringold, GA on I75 South, and it was a sobering sight. Friday morning dawned with perfect weather, and we were loaded by 9:00 AM. A tire check showed 32 PSI cold, and everything looked fine. We stopped for breakfast about 12 miles north, made another cursory trailer/load/tire check and all was well, We planned to be home for supper, but about 10 miles further north, I watched in the mirror as the left front trailer tire disintegrated at 65 MPH. Whoa - then the adrenalin hit me and I thought I was having a heart attack! Thank God I got off the road OK, and limped about another mile to an exit ramp. It was a borrowed trailer, but I put 4 new tires on it right then. It was mid-afternoon before we got back on the interstate, and I was feeling stressed.
    Going through Ringold again made me count my blessings, and I felt like a wimp for complaining about a set of tires and being inconvenienced. I should have been on top of the world. We went slow, and the rest of the trip was great. Thanks again to Bob P., and Josh from Mills & Co. for all their patience and help. I got my Ohio out of state inspection this morning.

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces

Lucky you!! :)

3. brady1929

brady1929

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

5. Very nice. You are a lucky guy.

6. PHQ2

PHQ2

Have you been able to wipe the grin off your face?

7. aircoup

aircoup

verrrrrry nice ''

8. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Nice! I helped clean out Joe Smith's old shop and met Hank and Josh . . . they do great work!

9. StrickV8

StrickV8

that was a nice car that was priced right. congrats.

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

What a rag.:rolleyes:.......:D congrats!