Register now to get rid of these ads!

Desert Valley Auto Parts 2/19/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Invicta, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Did anyone notice on the white 442 that the left outer headlight wasn't indexed properly?

2. fms427

fms427

They do ship across the country - I bought some stuff there years ago and had is shipped to Michigan. They have a good web site and do a lot of internet sales - will send you a picture of the part before you buy it. Parts are NOT cheap, but then again they are getting scarce. A great place to visit, and they welcome browsers.

3. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

Another pack of Bondo bandits like Chip and Boyd, If the believe what they are doing is called "restoration", then my wife restores my underwear on a weekly basis.

I wouldn't give 1/4 of what these savages get at auction.

4. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I've bought from them a couple times. Yeah sometimes the prices are higher but when you need something they usually have good stuff. And for me there are no yards around with old stuff, so my options are limited.

5. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Cool place , lots to look at, arrogant pricks!!!!

6. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Those aren't Rogues, but the more common Klassics. Rogues feature a smooth, rounded window, not the "notched" shape that folks most often associate with Keystones.

I've never been to the one in Casa Grande, only the Deer Valley yard, but it looks sweet... thanks for the pics fellas.

7. 123

from Seattle

I was quoted $300 for a nice rust free 56 Olds hood and only $100 to ship it to Seattle, WA but the hood turned out to be for a 55 according to my dad who was down there for the auctions. Not a bad price at all for a olds hood.

8. 1954wagon

1954wagon

There parts are way over priced! and there show sucks!

9. S.F.

S.F.

show sucks, but cool yard

10. druids62

druids62

I visit the Desert Valley yard everytime I'm in the area. Have always enjoyed rummaging around there. On my latest visit I made a list of pieces I wanted and even the vehicle number on which they could be found. When I spoke to the young fellow in the office he strated rattling off prices that were rather ridiculous and his attitude was quite arrogant. I was really hoping he was just having a bad day and I would try again another time. I guess not. A real shame. I hope there are others in the area but I will still take a walk through. I'll just leave my wallet at home.
    They have a show now?? They'll have "bigger pants" yet.

11. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

i would love to have that model t coupe....i actually dont think its a ford but looks like one. so many model a and t parts. would look great in my back yard. are they bad on older car parts like these?

12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I don't like the show but would love to walk that yard sometime.

13. ks-sparky

ks-sparky
    from kansas

The yard looks cool and would love to go through it. My wife hates it when i watch this show because I get pissed they are trying to pass off a polished turd as a restored car. Putting a painted junk yard motor in car and calling restored is dishonest, makes you think what else are they short cutting.

14. Ship world wide

15. dmikulec

dmikulec

Yard looks cool as hell, who wouldn't want to roam around in it. :cool: I saw the white 442 in the last show, what a pig. They didn't even clean up the "his and hers" shifter... one quick shot of it after the car was rolled out and you could still see rust down in the mechanism. Looked like shit.

16. Foot Feed

Foot Feed
    from AK

Noticed that too.

Ever notice how bad the hood and fender and / or grille alignment is on almost all of the cars they do?

17. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

BUT... you are getting a complete driver fairly cheap... Just saying. Something to build on. It pisses me off that they pass them off as "restored" too, but realistically for the price a lot of them go for, we couldnt get the parts to build them...

18. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

super arrogant wenees that know as much as they show on their stupid show I was there years ago and the dad was a complete f@!$ head I would not piss in there mouth if there guts were on fire!!!!!!super assholes with their heads there!!

19. I talked to them once and they wanted like $4000 for a stripped out shell, like it was made out of solid gold at today's prices. I do mean stripped, too, no drivetrain, no front clip, no glass, no interior, nothing. I figure they're on drugs and only do business because some people don't know any better, or because they can overnight stuff easily to a lot of west coast shops.

I saw the show once and this couple was looking for parts for both their cars and the guy needed a headlight switch for a '56 Buick - and they're trying to tell him it's '56 only. The plug and switch should be 54-56 if not right to '58 (dash is about the same), and with GM headlight switches, the knob and shaft is interchangable with about 50 years worth of them - old one's no good, just go find an 80's GM and take the switch and the plug and splice it into your harness - done. Thread mount is the same, just keep your original dash bezel. Guy's car was a mild custom, so originality wasn't an issue.

Haven't watched the show since.

20. long island vic

long island vic

a customer was talking last week,,he bought a 67 chevelle bare chassic,,,,1000.00

21. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

The yard is a cool place to walk thru even tho they charge you a few bucks to get in the door now. They show is as scripted and fake as you can get for "reality" TV! I even talked with a guy who was on there and had a car for sale they bought to "restore"...he said they planted it and made the story up..Why cant they make a real show about car builds with no BS??

22. FuManchu

FuManchu
    from Mesa AZ

That's my buddy Fish's Buick. I'll let him know...

Fish said, on the filming, it was far from "reality". Their prices are pretty nuts. It's fine if you just gotta have it, but most of the time, your better off searching around. That was my opinion before they got a show. I'm sure their prices haven't gone down...

23. Greenelectra

Greenelectra
    from atlanta

They shipped a 68 buick skylark bumper to me in Atlanta for $190 for the shipping alone , the $225 "real nice" bumper has about six dings and gouges in it . When I call them they are arrogant stand offish and not interested in helping me . They say NOW that all the bumpers are cores and need to be rechromed . I reminded them that they said nothing of the sort when I was buying it .
    Good luck .