Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 VIVA LAS VEGAS - Pictures , Pictures, Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Apr 28, 2011.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

The overall look, style, and authenticity of the entire car attracted many of us. Does a Custom have to be chopped to win awards?

Example: The Mox Miller '58 Impala !

Attached Files:

2. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

Congrats Axle, looks like you and your crew pulled off another great show.

3. Mike

Mike

I guess the De Rosa Shark wasn't there, so you had to give "Best Custom" to that plain, old Dodge ;).

Mox Miller's '58 Impala, Ooooooo!

4. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Here is a few pics of the Custom Corral. What Axle was trying to achieve was to bring 6 Traditional Styled Customs and do an indoor display outside. Hence the rock salt and velvet ropes.

First we have my car. 1954 Lincoln Capri.

[​IMG]

Next is Celeste Idzardi's 1954 Ford. One Mint Julip. A really great looking mild custom.

[​IMG]

Next we have a beautiful and tastefully done 49 Buick fastback. The car is from Australia. You can catch it in the recent Rod & Custom.

[​IMG]

Next is the famous Jack Walker clone of the Polynesian. Now owned by Bobby Stamper.

[​IMG]

Next up we all know and love him, John Mearns (Acme Speed Shop) 1936 3 window. Really an amazing car in pictures but more impressive in person.

[​IMG]

Finally Dave Zivot's 1936 Ford Roadster. This car really blew me away. Interior and top by Dave Martinez. An amazing car by any standard.

[​IMG]

Here we have a few wide pics to show the display of Customs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Here are a few random shots I took of stuff that caught my eye. Other then that no more pics. Hope to see everybody again next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Thanks for sharing Axle.... Here is a pic of the Primo Special before it left Ohio.

[​IMG]

7. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Those scratches on the rear and decklid were the ONLY damage it took from 2 tornadoes that tore apart the house it was stored in the garage at in North Carolina...... Roof of the garage it was in was also destroyed

They chainsawed their way out and drove out to Viva

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

both those cars are very deserving of awards. the 58 is a killer car on many levels.

customs don't need to be chopped, but should be customized... especially "best custom".

when I am in charge of the world things will be run differently than they are now:)

9. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Anymore pics of the black primer 35 cabriolet?

thanks.

Pics are great looks like a blast

10. Chopped/Heavy Custom or not this car was extremely deserving of the best custom. Absolutely beautiful flawless car that I couldn't help but return to over and over again just to see more details that I missed.

Which was tough considering it was on the far end of the show!

11. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I swear I saw that "best hot rod" on ebay less than a month ago.

And that Australian 49 fast back is incredible. That would have got my vote for best of show.

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cool!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Yes! it would have been a contender for the Chuckles Garage pick, but the plate took it out of the running!

Axle, thanks for the invite to be part of the gasser display. We had a good time.

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

bad ass!

16. You got some great shots of The Killer!

17. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

celeste's 54 is amazing! i'd love to know some details about it and how it sits like it does. JHR, your linc is primo too. love it.

18. autobilly

autobilly

19. notamerc

notamerc
    from colorado

Great time and great show. The cars and the gals were hot as was the trip back to Mile High. A few B&W's attached.

Attached Files:

20. Nice stuff Alex, who actually picks the show winners? The clubs/individuals that award them?

21. This was a fun deal. I think I need a golf cart of something, 'cause it was miles of walking. The Primo Special guys were cool. Long, eventful trip for them. I liked the bands in the car show a lot. And the sound wasn't bad either. The rat rod isn't dead, but they look a little safer these days. Saw a bunch of pals and made a bunch of new ones. It was worth the trip.

22. N8B

N8B

Here is another shot of the car out at my compound getting the oil changed during our Bar B Que before heading back out on the road that night.
    [​IMG]

23. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Thanks! I wish I would have got a pic of the interior on hers. Axle just got it done in TJ believe it or not and it looked great! As far as the lowering I think he has stepped control arms on the front but I dont know the back.

24. lorodz

lorodz

whos car is this and can i please have more photos
    [​IMG]

25. N8B

N8B

It had a Nevada plate, but I have never seen it around... Not that I ever get out of my shop much.

26. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Damn Axle,, Are you feeling any better? Do we have to send some Virginia clear liquid medicine out there to help you get well? When cousin Billy Bob gets back from hauling the last load I'll see if we have a bit left over to send you a taste. BTW Thanks for the pics., Hope you feel bvetter soon. Howard

27. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

We have just returned and had a wonderful time. One of our most memorable VLV's for sure. Fav bands of the weekend - Sureshots,Medallions,Sonny Burgess,Los Strait Jackets,Sparkletones,Blasters, and of course, JLL. The slide show and Pool party were entertaining as well. Tom,Axle , Clubs - job well done.

28. judd55

judd55
    from B.C.

Here's a few I shot but I couldn't tell ya who owns it............Just plain bad azz, although he needs to lose that plate on the back, there were a few there that could fly that flag, but this was not one of them !!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Great pictures axel. Thanks for the history on your avatar too. Hope you feel better man.

30. DeadSleds

DeadSleds

We had a great time!