Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mouse Removal Technique's - Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AutoArt66, Apr 26, 2011.

1. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

A lead pipe or sledge hammer works geat! I have tried the electronic plug in devices and they did not work for me. Maybe the mice and rats in my shop have ear plugs.

2. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Just remember the only good mouse is a flat mouse!!!!!

3. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Amonia will work double duty, it will get rid of the mice and the smell. Had an old room mate with a cat and her room had THAT smell. Read online somewhere that if you fill an open container with amonia it will pull the smell out of the carpet. Took a day or two with the bedroom door shut, but it worked. Just needed to air it out to get the amonia smell out, but that went away in no time.

4. yes it's a struggle....traps are the best at my shop....and the dogs kill rate is pretty good to....

5. i had a mouse run up my pants, could not find it, found it when in bathroom, threw cat in bathroom, closed door, mouse disappeared:eek:

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Well duh....a bunch of snakes and you'll be good!

7. Clik

Clik

I've found that the little pests can lick the peanut butter off the snap traps without setting them off, so, now I wrap some thread around the trigger before putting peanut butter on, and that's worked well.

I also use a bucket of water and float a thin jar lid with bait. They think it will hold them but it tips and sinks. Of course I provide a stick or piece of wood to use as a ramp. For you humaniacs, a couple of drops of soap in the water breaks the water tension and they sink quicker. Wouldn't want the little disease carrying wire eaters to suffer.

For a field car you can wrap it in black plastic and in most summer climates it will get too hot for anything to survive.

I had an old shedded snake skin that I laid on the shop floor. I don't know if it scared mice but it scared the crap out of my parents German Shepard. He jumped sky high after one whiff. My Pit Bulls however thought nothing of going after the live copperheads we had on the farm. They used to get bit regularly but it didn't deter them one bit.

We used to use old capicitors to play tricks on each other but it's been years ago. Anyone remember how we did that? That would probably kill a mouse.

8. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

BB Gun and patience.

9. Timbo from Mempho

Timbo from Mempho
    from Memphis

How bout a ball bearing mouse trap???

Attached Files:

10. sp1ke

sp1ke

THIS reminds me of the 55 ford vic. I bought that was sitting in a field in colorado.It had 4 flat tires but was straight and a free engine.So I went home got jumper cables a portable air tank and some gas along with my trailer and off I went to see if the the car ran. I got their put in some gas primed it hooked up the cables and it fired right off.I mean it ran great with a nice set of pipes.So I set out to see if the tires held air.They to were good and so I bought it.I loaded it on the trailer took it home put it in the garage.Cranked it up a few times for the family and neighbors.The nexted day my daughter called me after she got home from school and was going to feed the dog and their was mouse in the food which was in the garage. I said I would take care of it when I get home.I got home started setting traps with peanut butter and as soon as I did they would pop and I caught a mouse.This went on for a few days them one got behind the mantel in the living room.Guest would come over and you could hear this thing knewing on mantel from the back side.I am telling you they were everywhere.So I got a cat and within a week it was done. Funny know but my wife and doughter did not think so at the time I asure you.So now when I get a car that is questionable it stays out side for s few days..

sp1ke

11. joelocke

joelocke
    from Tucson

Get a cat, then get a dog to get the cat. Then get a real mean pig to get the dog... Then have breakfast.
    Joe

12. The Gambler

The Gambler

irish spring...works wonders.

13. J Twitero

J Twitero
    from Minnesota

My 52 Ford came from "out in the field" when I brought it home. After the 4 hour trip to drop it at my mom's house, I popped the hood to show off the flattie to my step-dad (who had one when he was younger). When the hood opened a very surprised cat popped his head up, took a quick look around and ran off like the wind. We figured he made the whole trip perched on top of the inner fender tucked behind the heater box. I never found any mice in the car, but I did clean a bunch of their evidence out from under the seats. Just saying...;)

14. Maybe hire The Snake & The Mongoose?

:rolleyes:

15. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

That's not the way the joke goes.

Did you ever smell moth balls?

Yes

How did you spread their Little legs?

I've added no valuable input to this thread but, Doc wanted humor

16. yardgoat

yardgoat

Professional pest control industry does not use moth balls ,dryer sheets ect because,
    #1 easy fix
    #2 people would complane about smell
    #3 it works
    #4 pest control co .....dont make money.

17. yardgoat

yardgoat

# 5 They want your money.......................YG

18. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

once a few years ago,we had atruck that only got used in winter to feed cows,so we had to pull it to start,popped and sputtered looked in the mirror,mice hitting ground on fire out of muffler.almost hit tow vehicle because i was laughin.

19. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I have about the same problem with Geckos, here in Southern Florida! I know they eat bugs but their in the car in the garage and even in my toolboxes! I bought an air rifle to shoot'em but ya have to worry about the pellet bouncing off and hitting glass or painted parts. I've tried Bleach and mothballs...no help.
    Any ideas?
    I heard that their a big problem in Austrailia too.

PS...My "Bug guy" says, "We only do bugs".

20. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I will trade you my mice and rats for a few of your Geckos!

21. Deuces

Deuces

The little lizzards we had in Australia were black with silver undersides.... They were never a problem... They come out to sun themselves on the rocks... I thought they were cool..

22. havi

havi

Ditto on the bucket. We use a 5 gallon bucket filled a 3rd the way up with antifreeze (water will freeze). A piece of wire strung through a beer can (top and bottom) is hung at the top. Peanut butter smeared on the can. A piece of 1x4 wood is leaned on the bucket to act as a ramp a couple inches shy of the can. They reach out for the peanut butter, the can rolls, and they fall in. Leave it inside the car on the floor board, shut the doors so no other animals can get to it, and let it sit for a couple days. Use an aquarium fishnet to scoop them out and toss'em in the woods.