Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spray-on Window Tint ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by L B, Apr 15, 2005.

1. L B

L B
    from So Cal

Back on the old days we were able to buy " spray on window tint " It came in a aerosol can and in different colors......Does anyone know if it is still avail on the market ? Where ?

2. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

i know the import guys use a sprayable tint paint to color their lenses and bulbs, i don't know if it would work on windows though.

_T

3. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

I am sure you could find it some where, check auto detailing retailers. If they still use it has be around some where.

4. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

here's a link..again i'm not too sure it would work on windows. hope this helps.
    http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/bulandtailli.html
    _T

5. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm sure it works about as well as those spray on condoms you could buy in the early '80s.

7. JC Whitney. You might have to call 'em but I'm pretty sure that they still have it.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

A company called Sperex used to sell it, it was about as useless as side pipes on a Volkswagon Beetle.
    They used to sell a lot of it in the yellow color in England because it matched everyone's teeth.

9. JasonK

JasonK

I've used that shit years ago. It turned out terrible, streaked something terrible. Film window tint is quite a bit better, with a little patience you can do a killer job.

10. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

i did a chevelles windows back in 80s with the spray on blue stuff & it turned out killer was from Jcwhitney

11. (in thick british accent)...
    "What's this you say? A toothbrush? c'mon chap, I don't have any hair on my teeth! Why in the hell would I want to brush my teeth? Are you sure this isn't for combing me pubes or something?"

12. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

13. The stuff is crap. I sprayed the windows of my sedan delivery blue in the late 60s. It looked like shit and was hard to see out of. It sticks good, though. Took me half a day to scrape it off -- and there were only three LITTLE windows.

14. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

they did away with that stuff here in Ca. they used to sell it in cans but it was also used professionally to do rear windows that were too curved to apply film to.....all that has changed, with all the new films and installation techniques, tinting has come along way, what is it that you need? I should be able to get it for you.

15. nero

nero

yea,i rember that stuff.i did my 63 1/2 falcon sprint in the 60s,it came out killer! except when i moved and a friend drove the car to my house,he didnt know how use the defroster and grabbed a shop rag to clear the window.scratched the shit of it! out came the razor blades,,,,,,