Register now to get rid of these ads!

How big of CC's are the camel hump chev heads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaggy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I know they are mostly around 64cc, but i could use a set around 68cc or so, should i even bother looking?

2. FWilliams

FWilliams

you can gain some by unshrouding the valves and some light chamber work, i have found the later 186's and and the early LT1 [041's] heads cc around 66 to 67 from the factory

3. Deuces

Deuces

....... And they still make lots of horsepower...

4. racerone27

racerone27

186's are hard to find. 041's are impossible to find. 462 camel backs are better suited for street than 461's. and you are more likely to find a good set. if you want less compression, or think you have piston to valve clearence problems, you can use a head gasket spacer. steve pastorino

5. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

It depends on the casting #, and if they have been surfaced or not. Might want to have them cc'd before you build your engine. Too high a CR with an iron head motor and you could have have detonation isues on pump gas.

6. FWilliams

FWilliams

let me know if you need a set and I can check the ones i have, i have plenty of 186 and 041, also some 462.s that i can cc

7. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

i am using a set done by mondello backinthe day
    any one have a guess as to flow cfm?

i talked to joe[i know rip] he said bring in &he will flow test at no charge

8. Deuces

Deuces

Are any of those assembled with the screw in studs and guide plates???.. Or are they just bare castings???

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Thanks guys, Right now, i'm thinking of getting a set and not running my world 72cc heads for two reasons first they wont look right, and second, ive decided i want to up my compression to around 11. I know normal camel humps are around 64cc's that is gunna put me around 11.8, and that i think for a street rig is gunna be a little too much.

I guess my next step is hit the swap meet with a gallon of water and some cc'ing equipment