Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lost another great today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnyboy76, Apr 27, 2011.

1. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

Today we lost another iconic hot rodder. Doubletubtrouble's father Claude Freund passed today. He has been a beacon of the hot rod scene in the Inland Northwest for the last 4 decades or more. Today was a very hard day for all Thee Inland Emperors. Claude was like a father to each and every one of us and anyone that has ever been graced with his presence knows what a caring and giving man he was. He wouldn't let a single one of us ever go without no matter if we were too proud to ask or just too stubborn.

Claude Freund, you will live forever in the hearts and memories of everyone you have been around. We will never forget you.

2. Thoughts and prayers from Montana for his family and all those close to him.

3. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Rest in peace.

4. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Claude was a great friend I will miss him.

5. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Deepest condolences to Russ family and friends. I'm sure he was proud as fuck at the AMBR entry you guys put together.

Rest is paradise.

6. SpeedyPAt

SpeedyPAt
    from Spokane Wa

Sorry for the loss Russ!

7. Sorry to hear of this loss, sending prayer to his family & friends, for peace and comfort. RIP Claude

8. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

I just was in shock to see this. So sorry for the whole family and friends.
    I met him in Jan. @ GNRS. We really enjoyed talking to him and Russ.
    I know he is so proud of everything you all have done.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers.

9. wayfarer

wayfarer

Wow! RIP Claude.

10. Very sad to hear. He will be missed!

11. Deuces

Deuces

12. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

My heart goes out to Russ and his family, and everyone feeling the loss. Sad day...

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

My deepest condolences to Russ his family and all Thee Inland Emperors..... a sad day indeed.

14. 4406

from Oklahoma

Sorry for your loss RIP

15. TMoney

TMoney

It feels like someone is standing on my chest. Just got home from being at the hospital and then the family home. I can not believe this happened. What a huge loss of an amazing person that I considered family and someone I respected above any other. I will never jump in my car without him crossing my mind.

He really was a great person and such a hot rod idol. RIP Claude.

16. Marcy

Marcy

Just last week Claude called out of the blue on what happened to be a very low day in my life---dealing with a loss in my family, and he managed to say all the things I needed to hear at that moment, and made me laugh.
    I can't believe he's gone.
    So sad.

Marcy

17. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

I have never known another man that was so quick to take in anyone in need. When I broke my car and had no idea what to do Claude called me and gave me a motor. A man who had only met me hours before was offering a heart for my rod no questions asked. I didn't know what to say. This man would give anything to the guys he called the "doers" anyone who he thought would actually use the stuff he passed on to them. Such an inspiration for those of us who knew enough to pay attention the things he wanted to pass on. I am so saddened by this loss. Too soon for me. I will forever miss you Claude.

18. giant nerd

giant nerd
    from spokane

Claude believed in me more than I think my own dad ever did. He and his family have my utmost respect, now and always.

19. couverkid

couverkid

Very sad to hear. My dad talked to him at the portland roadster show when he was setting up The take out T. My dad sayed what a nice guy he was. Very sad to hear this, Russ sorry for your loss. This must be the hardest thinking for you and your family. Steve

20. RIP Claude, you will be missed!!

21. TMoney

TMoney

Great quote. He really is resting in paradise looking down on all of us.

22. the duke

the duke

I didn't get to spend that much time with Claude but I spent enough to find out how great of a guy he was and developed a huge amount of respect for him. RIP Claude, you'll always have a lot of fans out there buddy.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very sad news. My heartfelt condolences to Claude's family and many, many friends.:(

24. flamingokid

flamingokid

My prayers and condolences to you and his family.

25. ALLISON

ALLISON

I knew Claude my entire life. As a kid he was the cool hot rod guy I wanted to grow up to be like. As an adult he became more than just a friend, he was like a second dad at times. One of those few people you actually take advice from.
    Two days ago we joked on the phone about "fatherly Claude advice" and he told me how proud of me he was... He went on to talk about how proud of Russ and the rest of the guys he was... and then demanded that I bring him some goodies when I get back (because Claude loved the free goodies)...
    This morning when I got the news that things were not looking good I began thinking about the 40 years worth of Claude memories and hoped for the best... remembering all of the help and jokes and laughs and fun... Im still in shock that he is now gone.

Thank you Claude for everything, It was an honor to have called you my friend and I will miss you.

26. mlagusis

mlagusis

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was one in a few.

27. WoW its said the sum of a man is how he is remembered ! and the love and respect givin at his passing. WOW this was a hell of a great careing man.

28. Sorry to hear, Russ Thoughts and prayers to you all. God Bless rest in peace.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that, May he rest in peace and be remembered as the great guy he was. That he could touch so many lives by just being himself is pretty special in it's self.

30. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

What a great man with an excellent sense of humor! Always telling funny stories and built some great hot rods. He will be missed! May he rest in peace.