Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mouse Removal Technique's - Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AutoArt66, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Looked at a cool old Caddy Convert yesterday that could be had for really cheap. Its complete and running but has been outside for a couple years and has turned into a fine mouse house :eek:.
    Other then the obvious problems - wiring and stink how does a guy get rid of them initially? I cant bring the car anywhere near my shop and I dont want to bring it home??? May be a deal breaker if I cant figure out how to shake the little bastard's.

Your HAMBER's remedies - please. This should be good:D Thanks.

2. If the top is still fairly sound, Mothballs or open a bottle of Amonia and place inside car or put a cat inside car, of course, don't use cat if you use first two.

3. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

there are ultrasonic transmitters that work very well they plug into an extension cord and leave them on over night, the pest will be gone by morning. Im sure you have seen them on TV, but they really do work.

4. dubcee

dubcee

DRYER SHEETS!!!!! Fill the car with dryer sheets!

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

a box of moth balls. it wreeks and it will make your car perm. stench until you clen everything out but it works. my dad also bought this electric noise maker for the garage. it makes this high pitched noise. it worked good and they stay otu of the garage.

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

dryer sheets work wonders too

7. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

All of the above will work.

8. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

i dont think i would lock a cat in there cat pee is as bad or worse than mouse pee! i had to pitch the leather seats out of my 53 when a cat pissed on one..

9. endlessearth

endlessearth

Toss in a couple snakes.

10. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

11. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

I bought a car and watch as the mice jumped out of the car as my dad pulled out of the parking lot with the truck and trailer.

12. wasn't me

wasn't me
    from texas

When you go to clean up after they are gone, be sure to wear a good breathing mask. That stuff ain't good for your health.

13. How about a couple packs of Black Cat firecrackers tossed under the dash,under the hood & in the trunk?:D
    (dont forget to You Tube it)

There was a thread on 'how to get rid of black widow spiders' a long time ago & it was hilarious.

14. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I'll third this...works wonders and makes the car smell fresh when you take it out of storage, rather than the stink of mothballs

15. Load it on the car trailer and drive it down to the boat launch for a slow agonizing plunge?

You Tube?

16. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Firecrackers do not work. 3 sticks of TNT work better

17. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hello AutoArt66,
    Almost the same situation here.. Was given the old Camp Wehinahpay camp truck last fall. Mice were in it for a couple years as it sat dead. Towed it 210 miles home and no mice left... Chose to bail, I guess.
    Am cleaning the inside a bit at a time... Mice piss is bad, but CAT PISS is so much worse...do not think of a cat... I have cut up bars of Irish Spring soap bars and the truck has not been reinvaded as it sits outside. Still have to remove seats and wash them in hot soap and water and get some new seatcovers.. But I now have a great truck to carry my cutting torch bottles, and my old Miller welder.. Not bad for free.:).Wish you best of luck...with yours... duane (NM Sandrail)

Attached Files:

18. .. I have cut up bars of Irish Spring soap bars and the truck has not been reinvaded as it sits outside.

^ x2 I use them in all my cars stored in the country with no problems. For cleaning up the smell after, we used this all the time in my friend's animal control business.
    Works great...Wildlife Control Supplies: BAC-AZAP

19. mothballs are effective, mice hate them. But I'm having a rough time getting rid of mothball smell!!!

20. D-CON is your friend one feeding they are done cheap to

21. The bad part about poison is you need to find all of the dead stinking carcasses.
    better for them to leave. Ultrasonic or dryer sheets Maybe both.
    Few mouse traps for the ones that can't hear or smell.

22. Joey7319

Joey7319

they will bail out as you tow it home, I have watched mice pour out of a few that I have brought home. but all of the above work also.

23. To get rid of the smell go to ur local hardware store & look for some Concentrated Germicidal Cleaner. I had over a foot of Rat Shitt in my bus when I got it. I even left the bus outside for 2yrs b4 bringing it into my garage. I tried several products & nothing would get rid of the FUNK until I used that stuff. With one good soaking of this stuff the smell was gone forever, best part is this stuff will kill all those bad bugs & viruses(Hantavirus) that can harm or kill u .....joe

24. Deuces

Deuces

And if that fails, you can always hire this little guy.. :D He's a champion mouser.. The best I've ever had!! :D When he's done, he'll lay the dead critters on your front porch.. The only thing he asks in return is feed him cat food/water and give him some lovin' once in a while.. :)

Attached Files:

25. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Yep, just throw some stuff in the car to drive them outside, and the outdoor cats will do the rest. There's a momma and two kits that showed up a couple years ago, and the old gal next door had 'em fixed and feeds 'em- haven't seen a rat or mouse since, and we have 1 acre + lots in the country

26. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

False, If these units worked the professional pest control industry would use these. Dont waist your money on dryer sheets, moth balls or any other stupid internet scam. Use 10-12 small victor snap traps with peanut butter and check the next morning. Dryer sheets make excellent nesting material for rats also. If your car in rodent infested use snap traps. Why would someone stink up the car with mothballs ? Mothballs are only good for driving out snakes.

27. Whatever you do don't kill them :eek:. They can crawl into spots where you will never find them and it is unreal how bad one of those little bastards can smell for months. I speak from experience, had to dig one out of my headliner and then still had to replace the headliner to get rid of the smell, you would have thought there was a dead cat up there instead of one tiny mouse :eek:.
    The soap or dryer sheets will keep them out in the future :D.

28. AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
    If you do this, you better post it here:D

29. I agree with the peanut butter snap-traps, whenever I'm not driving I keep one set on the front floor mat and usually catch a couple every year. Black snakes work well also but can cause a problem when they crawl out from under the seat and there is a lady present :eek:

30. Lots of good information on the HAMB.:eek:

The moth ball solution works for me.