Register now to get rid of these ads!

Transmission Tailshaft Plug

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanBabb, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I was filling up the fluids in my engine & trans today (getting ready for first fire up).

After about 5 quarts in the transmission (TH350), I heard fluid spilling out. There was a nice puddle underneath and a stream of fluid coming out the tailshaft (no driveshaft in place yet).

I'm not ready to put a driveshaft in yet. Can I use a tailshaft plug like this and leave it in place for my first fire-up?

Moroso Part Number 41060
    http://www.amazon.com/Moroso-41060-...N1LE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303685597&sr=8-1

2. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I have a spare yoke for a 350 layin around for times like that. But now, I have no T350, just a 400 and no spare yoke.

If you have the driveshaft just stick it in there and let it rest on the floor. Just dont put it in gear.

3. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

I wouldn't, spare the tranny if it's a nice one. Put the shaft in, even if it's just temporary...

4. put the yoke or plug in.

on a new rebuild th350 5-6-7 quarts is all you will get in. after you fire the motor dump in another 2-3 quarts right away. then see where you are on the dipstick

5. roanokejim

roanokejim

Hi 36-3window. I don't see where am I on the dipstick. How can I do that?

6. Will pressure from the fluid push the plug off with the engine running at 2000rpm and the trans in park?

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct