Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Barn finds"... Pictures of finds...lets see 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadbeatFactory, Apr 14, 2011.

1. I found this 55 Belair on Friday. It was parked in 1959 when the farmer/owner was electrocuted. 5,600 miles. Perfect interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jalopy31

jalopy31

Knowing that I was a car guy, a friend at work mentioned that his uncle had two early T-Birds in a barn in southern Virginia. Not being a T-Bird enthusiast, I filed away his name and didn't really give it much more thought. A couple of years later, a friend mentioned that he was looking for an early T-Bird to restore. I told him it may be a long shot, but here's a guy's name that supposedly has two in a barn. He called, and sure enough, this is what we found when we got there:

[​IMG]

He bought the red one and restored it. The blue one sold to someone else. It was missing the engine and transmission and ended up being built into a rod. This was in the early 1990's.

Todd

3. bill3337

bill3337

Well these don't quite qualify as "barn finds" as they are outdoors, but thought I'd send in a few pics anyway. This is a friend of mine and these are the few left outside. He has a warehouse with the better ones safely put away, including a chopped '49 Merc, a chopped '46 Ford coupe, a '32 Ford tudor, a couple tall T coupes, a '29 roadster pickup, a '22 Ford center door and a bunch of others I can't remember at the moment. You'll just make out a '35 5 window coupe in the building that has collapsed. There is a couple tall T coupes in there too.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      80.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      62.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      80.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      75.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      64.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Bryanhes

Bryanhes

Did you buy the 55?

5. These photo's rip my heart out... and should be in the "Sitting and Rotting" thread instead of this thread which implies that you've recovered it from a barn and resurrected it into your dream car!

Cool photo's... just a shame they are neglected to rust.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. Saw these when I was on my way to see a friend near Kilmarnock, VA. We stopped to look at this cool old house that had very interesting architecture and as I was photographing the side, I noticed the garage. The house sits empty and there was no one to ask about the old car. Alas, there she still sits 4 years after I saw it.

Attached Files:

7. 50 Ragtop

50 Ragtop

Here's my 50 Chevy convertible as I found it 2 years ago.

Attached Files:

8. TubularGoose

TubularGoose

^ not much left of that one.... i'll give ya one hundred for it. hahahahaha!

9. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

I'm not sure what it is, but something about this car captivates me. I keep coming back over and over to look at it. It's like it's Christine or something. I want to own it.

10. 55glyde

55glyde
    from mile high

I found this 55 Belair on Friday. It was parked in 1959 when the farmer/owner was electrocuted. 5,600 miles. Perfect interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super find... where'd the lead come from dd? :eek: My find had about 12 years service with 40k miles, and I thought that was low.... love to see the car in person...

11. Jay.S

Jay.S

I wouldn't even cross this for a 32!:eek:

12. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

F that! You can have those

Good security system

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  14. Goodlife

Goodlife

My 53 when I got it home after 20 years in a barn in southern Indiana The later is today as my daily driver.

Attached Files:

15. norton58

norton58

Ummm....electrocuted by accident? Or by State law??!!

16. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Does it count if it's mine already? Sitting in the mother-in-laws pole barn for nearly 20 years now waiting on me to do something with it ... I can tell the photo was taken around Christmas time because there's no decorations piled up around the car.

Attached Files:

17. dmw56

dmw56

18. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

This car isn't really what HAMBers tend to like but i thought i would share it anyways because it is really...that cool.

This is not currently a barn find but at one point in its history it was. This Lincoln is in its original condition right down to the paint, leather, chrome, interior, etc. NOTHING has been touched or restored on this car in its lifetime. It lived the majority of its life in a sturdy old wooden barn with wooden floors in Michigan. The wood floors are what preserved this car. It sat in that barn for decades...always owned by the family of the original owner. It was brought here and purchased by a friend of ours. It currently lives in a climate controlled garage, tucked away and hidden from the light of day. if you were able to see and touch this car...you would understand. It will be donated to a museum in the near future; or at least there is talk of it. The owner doesnt like being responsible for such a car...and i can understand why.

A little history on it; It was owned and purchased by a VERY wealthy bootlegger during the prohibition era. It was rarely, rarely ever driven. This mob boss was famous for his ice cream parlor he owner on the michigan/canada border area. The parlor is still there; so i am told. The ice cream parlor was known for its use in his bootlegging operations hauling alcohol over the border from Canada. The car was stored and kept by the family of the original owner in this old barn where it was uncovered and brought east several years ago.

It is in such pristine condition that if you crawl underneath; the bolts are stil shiney. it's really...THAT awsome. Just to touch it and sit in it gives you a whole new respect for how special it truly is. We will be venturing back over it's way in a month or so and i will try and get more photos.

One look at how mint that license plate is...will give you a good idea on the condition of the car.

New Image8.jpg

19. jalopy31

jalopy31

This little Model A roadster was advertised locally several years ago. I'm not sure if it ever was sold. It was crammed into a small attached garage among lots of clutter, so getting good photos was a challenge.

I ride by the guy's house sometimes just to see if the garage door is open...

[​IMG]

20. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

Here's my barn find coupe. It had been sitting in a barn since 76. pretty good shape cept for where the took out the deck lid and panel for a truck bed so they could get gas rations. Gonna be a hot rod someday.:D

Attached Files:

21. Wow! That's badass! And you didn't buy it because...?

22. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

I like it. Neat story.

23. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

24. Did you ever hear the cautionary tale about watching for overhead power lines.? Lifting up an aluminum irrigation pipe to get a rabbit out, was the early demise of this poor hotrodder!

25. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

I was part of this barn find and group buy of 11 cars with two other friends. The car next to that Hudson is a 1927 Buick. The 51 Hudson http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556741&highlight=1951+hudson and 58 GMC(sold) that I have in the classifieds were also part of this group of cars. I had a 1941 Lincoln Continental in the classifieds a while back. Had a great time with these cars and it was an amazing experience.

There was two different homes that these cars were parked in, one home was where the more recent additions to the collectors cars were kept and the other was where the older additions of his collection were.

I will post some more pics of the way we found these cars soon. The guy that bought and cleaned up that 41 Hudson did wonders to it and its even more amazing in person.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  26. jalopy31

jalopy31

I didn't buy it because...I'm a dumbass. :D

I look back at that one and kick myself every time. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity staring me in the face, and I did not make the move on it. The guy was asking $7500 for it - probably would have taken less.

Oh well...now I'm depressed all over again. :(

27. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to help a buddy that found a nice old original motorcycle, he needed help getting it out of this guys living room, yes it had been there for 20 years so it was real nice shape we went in the garage to get a board to make a ramp and guess what I found. A 55 hard top that has not seen the street since 1976. Been working the guy for a year now he wants to sell but can't seem to part with it. I call him every week or so just to make sure he knows I am interested. 327 4 speed Flower Power headliner.

Attached Files:

28. hey jalopy 31, its on the road and looks the same as it does in the pictures.

29. jalopy31

jalopy31

That's great to hear. The current owner sent me a PM earlier, and I'm going to try to dig up a little more info on the car for him.

It was such a cool car. I really regret passing on it, but I'm glad to hear it's running again and has been preserved as it was found.

Todd