Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crusty Nut's score

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26Tudor, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I was on Craigslist for Humboldt County earlier this morning, looking for a Dodge Minivan seat like Gasser 300 has in his '27 Tudor, as I like the way it fits.
    So, seeing nothing, I get up, finish my coffee, and start my day.
    Well, not too long later, Crusty Nut (aka Matt) PMs me and says "there's something in your town that's a C/L smokin' deal, I'm 80 miles away, can you go pick it up for me, it's on Craigslist for Humboldt County, CA, and I can't get there til Wednesday"
    So, I get back on Craigslist, and look at what showed up about 10 minutes after I signed off... the ad said "Antique car grille and surround" and it had a photo, so I clicked on it and nearly crapped myself.
    I was on my way with the asking price in nano seconds... when I got there, I asked the guy if he had any more old Ford parts, and he said no, he didn't.
    Congrats, Matt, you scooped this one right out from under our noses... I don't feel comfortable divulging the price he paid, as it wasn't my deal, but if the guy hasn't deleted the ad, you know where to find it...
    I have it in my garage, waiting til Wednesday for Matt to come up and pick it up...

Attached Files:

2. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

3. Yeah, DAMMIT is right, if I had just stayed on Craigslist for another 15 minutes, it would have been MINE.

But, that's alright, Matt aka Crusty Nut is a friend, and a good one, and I'm glad he got it.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Piece of junk. Hope you didn't pay more than scrap for it. :D

5. trad27

trad27

Very cool score, check your PM's

6. Deuces

Deuces

Good deal!!! :)

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I hate when people tell us they got a great deal but wont tell what they paid... Good score though!

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

9. I looked for the ad, but couldn't find it......and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what he paid either.....

10. The ad is still up, under Craigslist in Humboldt County, CA... go to "Auto Parts" and look. You will see what he/I paid for it.

Trad27, I don't know, it was way up here on the coast, 20 miles from the OR border...
    and the guy wasn't that old (not to me, anyway, anyone under 50 to me is still a kid...)

11. I'm still not finding it.....could be your browser needs a refresh and it is still showing for you?

12. ya i dont see it either. I want to know!!!!!!!! haha

13. You are right; he had deleted the ad. He has some LT-1 Chevy heads on there for sale, still, but the ad for the grille is gone.
    I can tell you that Matt DID NOT get hurt on it, if he wants to tell you, then I'll let him, he is doing the easter thing with family, I'm sure he'll chime in when he can. I sent him a link to this thread.

14. Deuces

Deuces

I'd jump on those LT-1 cylinder heads... Them are great for makin' lots of H.P. ... 2.02" intakes, 1.60" exhausts, 65cc chambers and some BiG ass intake ports.... I'm sure those also came with screw in studs and guide plates....

15. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Just got home, thanks again Dave. Hope I can return the favor sometime.
    I'll see you Wednesday with 2 bills for you.
    I/you paid full asking price, but I could tell on the phone he was super bummed when he asked "do you know what it's off of?" and I told him.
    It posted last night...about 5 minutes after I logged off. I figured it was long gone this morning, or the guys buddy was punkin him for a bunch of BS phone calls.
    I'm stoked to say the least.

16. So there you have it, HAMBers, Matt's going to give me the $$ I am out for it, "2 bills"
    so yes, that would be 200 American Dollars.
    I already offered Matt 250 for it, and he politely declined 8=)

If anyone wants those LT-1 heads, call or e-mail the guy, I can pick them up and ship them, as long as you are willing to pay shipping/boxing them up so the Post Office Gorillas up here don't destroy them...

17. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

18. Fenders

Fenders

You are a good friend to Matt, you got it for him on your dime (which he will pay you) -- that's what Hamb'ing is all about....

19. Yes, Props to Mr 26!:cool:

20. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

damn,and i figured you scored some crusty nuts

21. I learned a long time ago, that FRIENDS are more important than ll the deuce shells and Ardun heads and Halibrand quickchanges and Kinmont discs and etc. in the world combined. Matt would do the same for me, if he ever needed to.
    That's what friends, the HAMB, and hot rodding in general, is, or should be, all about.
    I remember something my Pa always used to say, too:

"Be careful who's toes you step on today,
    for they may be connected to the ass you need to kiss tomorrow"

8=)

22. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Doubtful you'll be needing to kiss my ass anytime.

23. hartmankustomz

hartmankustomz

Yeah when i heard about the grille this morning i was like "no way". Great score Matt. 26Tudor is the man!

24. Shaun, you and Johnny will probably be seeing the grille, along with me and Matt, sometime around 2:30-3:00 Wednesday, he wants to check out the T, so tell Johnny he should have it done by then... LOL !!!

25. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

I knew we should have driven up to go fishing this week, Damn!

26. hartmankustomz

hartmankustomz

Sounds good....i will let him know to start mixing the paint. :D