Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 57-60 ford truck pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckystiff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Thin-aire

Thin-aire
    from Oceanside

I remember there was a "house of kolors" or a Sherwin williams ad....or Glasurit ad in the 90's ...or calendar that had a custom 57-60 ford truck....i cant remember if it was copper or purple...custom grille...and slammed......THAT WAS A COOL TRUCK.

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I think it was House of colour and it was copper... that sounds so familiar.

3. Found this on the web:

Attached Files:

4. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Nice 60 Mercury 4x4!

No front plate, I wonder if it's in Alberta?

5. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's my merc clone

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I like that a lot of Americans like the mercury trucks, I love 'em too personally!

My brother has a 57, I had a 59 and a 60 till fairly recently, still have a nice 68.

Anyone into the other Canadian market ones like Meteor or Monarch?

7. HASR

HASR
    from Illinois

Just as a joke, I thought I'd include my truck. This is how the truck looked the first time I saw it at the previous owners house. I prefer to buy my vehicles this way. I call it a puzzle truck. It is actually in very good condition body-wise. It is a very straight, rust free truck. I've got a donor Mark VIII that will give up it's engine, trans, rearend, part of the electrical system, and interior for this project...

John

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Went for a cruise in my 36 GMC with my brother the other day, came home with this.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. I am. Wish there were more of them around...

10. I assume the lower left is volts / amps. What are the two bigger gauges? Tach and...?

11. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Cool, me too!

The big gauge on the left is a vacuum gauge, we're leaving it for now because it looks nice, but if my bro gets sick of it I found a round chrome AC vent that fits it instead. The lower two smal gauges that are in place of the idiot lights are Alt and Oil gauges. My brother set the new cluster in his 57 M100 the other day, so I took this shot today, I like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That cluster really cleaned up nice, it looks almost new!
    Personally I want to put the dash chrome and a similar style padded top on the 57 that the 67 C-series has, would look nice and proper 50's for it.

Attached Files:

12. HASR

HASR
    from Illinois

Wow! That looks Awesome!

John

13. I've never seen one so loaded up with gauges - looks awesome. And yes, it did clean up nice.

14. LN7 NUT- if the truck you got that panel from is getting parted out I could use the trim that goes across the dash if it's decent!

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm definitely grabbing that trim, so if my brother is not wanting to use it I'll send it your way!

16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Oh and here is the truck the gauges cam out of, a 1967 C-series COE.

[​IMG]

17. olskool37

olskool37

It was Purple, Kameleon purple actualy.. It was Kos Kosmoski's I think from H.O.K. Sweet truck with a bit of a chop, smoothed out and a T-Bird grille from the 70's (flip up lites) I was hooked the first time I seen it and was going to do a similar build with a '60 I had then.. its still on my bucket list of builds.

Attached Files:

18. olskool37

olskool37

Not sure if the trim is the same on those cab overs, as it is on the conventional cabs. I found a complete dash trim set from a fully opted '60 F100 4x4 Custom Cab, with the saftey package. Thats where the trim comes from the 'saftey package' it included a padded vinyl dash and larger poofy sunvisors?...atleast thats what this 4x4 had it it. I ran it on my '60 when I had it, but took it off before I sold it. Now, Im saving the trim for a '57 build thats on the far back burner...

Before you settle into a purchase, try n get full length pics of that trim, just in case its different.

19. olskool37

olskool37

I should have snagged the cluster I had found back in the day that was identical to this one, I was thinking of reworking the vacuum opening for a period looking clock set up using a craft store batt. run clock assembly and some rub on numerals...

20. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

I got the big truck ram horns and now I am searching for the same instrument panel. What a score! Looks bitchin. My idea is to find a nice clock for the vacuum gauge space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That cluster really cleaned up nice, it looks almost new!
    Personally I want to put the dash chrome and a similar style padded top on the 57 that the 67 C-series has, would look nice and proper 50's for it.[/QUOTE]

21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm getting the trim regardless, it will likely be free, we stripped half the truck out for $20 as it was. The trim will be wider for sure then the 57-60 dash.

Great idea!

Another trick we discovered is using the 55-56 Ford car speedometer, it goes to 120 instead of 100 and looks the same!

22. TinShed

TinShed

That is cool, no the hunt begins to find me one of these for my 57!

23. bird7263

bird7263

Here is the one I picked up at the Portland Swap Meet for $40 in perfect shape.

Attached Files:

24. cjmac

cjmac

A few shots from this past weekend. hotrod1959 just sold his yellow 1959 f100. Both lowered by Tim in Riverbank.

Attached Files:

25. cjmac

cjmac

f100 Hoods - though pics aren't clear, did you know there were two different hoods in 59 ? Best guess is the custom cabs came with the raised peek while the non custom cab came with the flat hood. I never tied it all together.

26. Awesome pics cjmac! I'm afraid my 60 may be up for sale shortly too :(

27. cjmac

cjmac

Thanks !! times are tough right now. Hard to hang on to too much. Good luck with that. Post up pics !!

28. 510madmav

510madmav

Mine has the raised .. didnt know there were two!

29. TinShed

TinShed

Looks good how are they lowered?

30. Elrusto

Elrusto

What he said.