Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picked up a new (old) tach today. Where can I find a dash mount for an old garlits?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Apr 19, 2011.

1. dannyego

dannyego

Got this from a buddy today. Pretty cool old original Garlits tach, supposedly given to a local racer by Garlits himself right after they came out.... Anyway is there a place I can order an aftermarket mount that would fit this thing?

Attached Files:

2. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

clamp style mounts should work. Jegs sells them.

3. dannyego

dannyego

Couldn't find anything at jegs, just panel mount stuff

4. dmikulec

dmikulec

I've seen that flag style cup on Sun tachs, looks like a one of their mounts would work. I scored mine off fleaBay.

5. scarylarry

scarylarry

Man, that is nice! I have one that is a rusty mess..and people still want it.

6. Mutt

Mutt

Dixco mounted basically the same as Sun Tachs - with a hollow bolt/nut in the rear for the wire to go through. The early ones had a wire grommet outlet on the bottom near the clamp screw with a solid bolt in the rear for adjustment. There are usually some for sale on e-bay, both dash and column mount. It looks like yours just has a grommet where the bolt goes through now. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Mutt

7. Larry T

Larry T

If you can make a column mount Sun work, I've got a bunch of extras. No extra dash mount though.
    The Sun Retro kits (NC5R) aren't very expensive and have all the mounts in it.
    Larry T

8. dannyego

dannyego

I saw the sunpro reissue but it looks like you have to use the cup that comes with the kit. It looks like the repop garlit tachs don't come with them either. Anybody know who is making those? Maybe they make the mounts

9. Mutt

Mutt

10. Larry T

Larry T

Same mount as the Sun, just uses a different washer on the back.
    I mounted a Retro tac in one of the old NC1 housings, took a little work, but not brainsurgery.
    Larry T

Attached Files:

11. dannyego

dannyego

Cool, thanks guys