Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Identifying orig Seats - 32 Ford Sedan ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigDaddySteamRoller, Apr 19, 2011.

1. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

I was hoping I could get some help identifying some seats I picked up. I was told they came out of a 32 Ford Sedan, and since all of the other parts I picked up are 32, I was curious about these seats. Not sure if they are 32 or Model A seats, or even if there was a difference between Model A and 32 sedan seats. Wondered about the different seat backs on the pair.

Can anyone help me identify these? I see no marking or pn# on any of them.

Thanks,
    Steve

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

The brown one kinda looks 32ish, except the bottom legs in back are wrong. And it doesn't look like the top spring is thick enough. Maybe an A.

The short blue one has the right legs in back, and the overall shape does look rather 32ish. The tall blue one is not for a 32 sedan. Maybe a slightly later sedan delivery?

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Agree, tall one is truckish. From memory...is this right? '32 passenger seat was hinged as shown, driver's seat was on tracks. Model A, both sides were hinged I think.

4. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Thanks for the info guys, is there typically any numbers or anything anywhere on the frames or any marking I could look for?

Steve

5. ford1932

ford1932
    from Canada

The brown one is definitely a passenger side 32 by my call. The back legs are correct !!!! It is identical to the original one in my Tudor. The blue ones I have no idea but I don't think either one is a 32.

6. sawzall

sawzall

steve

when I first saw the photo of that brown seat I thought perhaps I had stumbled on a woodie seat.. alas.. it is not..

I am certain that the little blue seat is model A.. I dont know anything about the big blue seat..

heres a photo of an a

[​IMG]

does the larger blue seat fold forward at all?
    its too rounded to be what I need..

like this

[​IMG]

but if we can verify that its for a truck.. I'll starting figuring out a way to modify it!

7. alchemy

alchemy

Well, the absolutely virgin 32 tudor I've worked on had rear legs like the short blue seat. That's where I'd put my money. The rear legs on the brown seat look like something from an ottoman in my living room.

8. ford1932

ford1932
    from Canada

Well they must have made different seats in Canada cause my absolutley mint, untouched 32 has legs like the brown one on the passenger side. It folds in the middle and then flips forward to allow easy access to the rear seating area from that side of the car. When I get back in the country I will take some pictures and also see what the early v8 club restoration guide says.

9. alchemy

alchemy

Rehor's '32 Ford book shows the legs like the small blue seat as "proper".