Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kevan sledge just got ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Someone please explain to this 50 year old guy in rural flyover country what a "tweaker" is? Are they car club guys who are criminals/gang members????

Heck, the only hot rodders in my area are mostly 55+ grey hairs and in the gang AARP and the only thing they steal is power parking spots..

BTW: Kevin, glad you got your stuff back.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Definition tweaker..........piece of shit, lowlife, druggy, with large balls and no brains.

3. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

Super happy for you Kevan! The rest of your stuff will come back Im sure of it : )

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Bringing the list of still missing stuff to the top again

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great that some is found, but that stuff is so popular that some could already be shipped out of the area-don't take anything for granted about security at your place-house/shop/car- my house got hit during the day while I was out looking for car parts just before Christmas-for those in Nor Cal you may have heard that old car parts man Don Knotts of Don's Antiques in Niles was robbed and beat up during the day recently

6. lownslo50

lownslo50
    from Florida

Glad to read you got alot of your stuff back. I can't stand people that steal because they're too F'n lazy to work for it.

7. roundvalley

roundvalley

Great news and a HERO HAMBER! How about the rest of the story about how a stupid tweaker stole his stuff ? Maybe it could help in the future how we could prevent a theft.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  8. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

So happy to hear about this last night! Kevan is one of my closest friends and i've been praying all his stuff would be recovered! I greatly appreciate the anonymous person and I know they will be blessed for their part in helping Kevan and his wife recover their stuff. God Bless them and the HAMB and everyone who has been doing whatever they can whether scouring the swapmeets or keeping their ears open and spreading the word or shooting up some prayers on Kevan and his wife's behalf... keep up the good work cuz it's working!
    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success!" ...Henry Ford.

9. Abomination

Abomination

That's actually a great idea - a story with mention of a "reward" might bring folks out of the woodwork that "found" the stuff.

~Jason

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Tweekers" are essentially meth-heads. Your basic low-life piece of shit who'll steal from anyone, even their loved ones and friends, jst to get another high. If our society had the same black outlook on them as we do terrorists the plague would surely slow down some. It's not a local thing either. Every major city/suburban area is crawling with em like roaches and even in rural America, dozens if not hundreds of small towns are seeing a rise in meth-heads. I saw a documentary about it and it said Billings, Montana not far from the top of the list of worst meth outbreaks. I say beat em senseless if you catch em ripping you off. It's not a disease, it's a choice so, fuck em.

I'm glad you're on the road to recovering your stuff. Somebody knew the fucks and turned em on to you. A 1 light garage during a thunderstorm would be a good place for one of em to spill their guts.

All hate aside, congrats dude.

11. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

its nice to hear the beginning of a positive ending to this! Hope the rest of the stuff is recovered for you Kevin

12. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Someone please explain to this 50 year old guy in rural flyover country what a "tweaker" is? Are they car club guys who are criminals/gang members????

I'm glad you asked that, I had no idea either, must be something us old guys have in common.

I was gonna ask something else, what the fuck was it ?

13. coupemerc

coupemerc

Thanks. I too have been wondering what a "tweaker" is. :confused: Great news that the parts are being returned!

14. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thanks everyone! Here is a list of my wife's vintage clothes and accessories that were taken. I know the clothes are not car related but if we find the clothes then maybe we can find the rest of the parts. Were going to more scumbags houses today so keep your fingers crossed!

Wifes stolen stuff:
    Box of Maternity Clothing - Some new some old (various ones were Kevan's Mother's) everything from tops to pants to skirts some sets one set has airplanes on it.

Swim Suits - Various Vintage and New (one is a leopard print one piece, one is a blue leopard print top by OP but many others)

3 Piece Lady Baltimore Suitcase Set - Green (pristine condition)

Vintage Gloves - long black, short cream colored, short brown

Scarves - one white angora, one furry balled one, a few that are striped, one is green and black with a Tinkerbell on it, one purple, one regular old black one, various others

Knit Hats - (winter) pink one with matching gloves and a white one with matching gloves

Pair of pink leopard print heels by Betsey Johnson in a size 6 1/2 stretched out a bit so they are more like a seven but they are marked a 6 1/2

Purses - Various Vintage and new purses. (one of them is a Juicy Couture bowler bag in brown, another is a black bag with a bright pink interior, quite a few are souvenir bags from Mexico.

Lingerie - guarder belts, corsets, under ware, various ones from Victoria's Secret and Fredricks including pantyhose from Victoria's Secret (some still in wrapping)

Play Suits - vintage play suits including but not limited to: one green and black 2 piece play suit (country style) with checkered pocket area on green shorts and matching neckline of green top. Red and white two piece play suit also country style (I believe it is marked a size 32) One skirt to match the one I currently have in my possession. Yellow and light pink and blue top with white trim. White two piece play suit from the royal Hawaiian has red white and blue detailing stripes.

Halter tops - black ones, floral ones, striped ones, (brown Roxy one with orange and brown detailing of a butterfly and flowers, another is scarf like in a plaid with a ring in the center of the chest)

Red Club Shirt - Apple Valley Rancheros with a cowboy in spurs on the back

Belts - Approximately 50 plus belts some newer and others vintage some go to dresses I own (including one that is white with embroidered raspberries on it, another is muskrat brown plaid) Some are metal.

Belt Buckles - One is engraved Best Beer Bitch or ex-Beer bitch, another has a buffalo on it, one says stew screwed and tattooed, another has two revolvers and some roses on it, one is a Fonzie belt buckle, one is a horseshoe (red), one has a bird on it (suppose to be a peacock) all made by hand, and many more too.

15. Mike

Mike

Ya, and they'll do $10,000 dollars worth of damage to steal $500 worth of copper to take to the scrapper.

Tweakers, waste of skin and a drain on the oxegen supply.

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. This has an episode of NBC's "Dateline" written all over it. Good luck Sledge.

Viva la HAMB.

18. sololobo

sololobo

Excellent news, I hope the stuff keeps coming in. ~sololobo~

19. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

Glad to hear this.

20. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Cool , I hope the snowball keeps getting bigger , recovering more stuff & putting more scum behind bars.

21. "drain on the oxygen supply" ... that's great. Hope you don't have the copyright 'cause I am definitely using that line.:D

Fantastic that the stuff is making it's way back home ...

22. People who abuse Meth regularly are known as 'tweakers'. Tweakers often behave or react violently. Keep in mind, the tweaker may not have slept in three to fifteen days and may be irritable and paranoid. If the tweaker is also using alcohol or other drugs, the danger may be intensified.
    The tweaker craves more Meth, but no dosage will help recreate the first rush. This may cause frustration and leads to unpredictable behavior and violence. To support their habits, tweakers often participate in spur-of-the-moment crimes, such as purse snatching or burglaries.
    Tweakers are often involved in domestic disputes and automobile accidents. They may also be present at raves or parties. They may at first appear to be normal. A closer look will reveal eye movement ten times faster than normal, a voice with a slight quiver and jerky movements.

The "funny" thing about tweakers is they will steal your shit and then hep you look for it, where Crackheads will steal your shit and then disappear.​

23. People should be tied to a car, and dragged thru town....

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man kevan , I feel so bad for your wife, she is always a sharp dresser, and I know she really enjoyed her clothes, hopefuly will get her stuff back for her.

25. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Sons of bitches stripped all the copper pipes from my late Mom's house. Cost me over $7,500 to replace. Glad to hear some of the missing stuff was recovered and hope you get it all back. Thieves are the lowest of the low. Satan has a special place reserved for you next to the hottest fires of Hell with a pitchfork up your butt.

26. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

They caught a guy in my area recently,stole $200,000 worth of concrete forms and scrapped them for $1k.

27. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

This states the cause of this whole huge problem. They should have been in jail, and they were loose on the streets. Everyone knew them and what they were up to and they were set loose on the streets. We all need to put maximum pressure on those that are letting them go.........and stop wasting time talking about GPS, dogs and how baddass we can be.

To our anonymous HAMBer: Thanks for stepping up and helping. It's not always easy to do, and you did the right thing. We are all proud of you.

28. Greezeball

Greezeball

Drugs like crack and meth are a true evil and those pedalling them should be strung up. Junkies and tweekers get nothing from jail but should be forced to rehab and "reprogramming" as their illness of addiction makes them a danger to society. Addicts will steal from anyone even family all that matters is the next fix.

29. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Easy solution, arrest the junkies.

Then build a jail with only one big cell and put them all in it.

Last man standing gets extra pudding at chow time.