Register now to get rid of these ads!

Couple of Road Trip Photos (or why DRD57 is my hero!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OGNC, Apr 12, 2005.

1. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Here are a couple photos from the road trip to Lone Star Round Up. They're both of Don's Roadster (using the truck photos in the magazine). After putting the story together I felt bad that I really didn't get to use the best photos of Don's car because neither of them had a truck in them. And to keep the boss happy, there has to be a truck in the photo for us to run it in a truck magazine. These photos were too cool not to share with everybody. And I do believe that Don is my new Hot Rod Hero. Anyway enough babble, here are the pics!

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You know, I don't know Don at all... I bought my model-a coupe from him, saw his roadster at the roundup, and have been to a few other car shows that he has been at... BUT, I've never met him. I sure would like too... He's the real deal.

3. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Funny thing is that when we were all hanging out on South Congress, I had just walked past you and ran into Don about 50 feet from where you were standing. I went to point you out to Don and you were gone. It's like you vanished into thin air. You're like Ryan Copperfield.

4. Gotta watch out........he's sneaky, he was at MOKAN!:D

5. Don and I were looking for Ryan Copperfield all weekend. I must persist with the conspiracy theory that Ryan is a Myth among men!

6. McFly

McFly

I totally agree....nice guy. He took the time to talk to me out at the Long Beach swap meet about his 32.

What a bitchin little roadster!!!!!!

7. Just listen for his very distinguishable laugh... Huk,hyuk,hukhahahaha!!

Don is cool... the only guy I can hang out with at car shows that'll want to look at the cars I want to look at too!

Sam.

8. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

He is a great guy. I hope he does not read this.

I like the road picture. Hotrods should be photographed at speed or in Sam's case, doing donuts.

9. That was a cool trip, had an absolute blast running along with you and Don. It's just as memorable as the show itself and I think the major reason why we do this.

Beard club, still getting the giggles over that one. :D

Can't wait to see the midnight camera comando pics.

10. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Hey Courtney I see a truck in the driving shot, go ahead and use it. It was great to have you and Don in town for the weekend. Next time bring your truck. And Don's raodster, I'll say it again, what dreams are made of for me. I appreciate what Don went through to get here in a topless car all the way from Cali. I resemble that trip.

11. FWilliams

FWilliams

hahhahahahaha, he was standing right next to ya at the HAMB drags.......

if you didnt go and hide in the corner all the time......you were at the roundup weren't you?:rolleyes:

12. I'm thinking more like Zigfreid and Ryan! :D

13. DRD57

DRD57

Too late, he read it.

Now I'll be real easy to spot at car shows as I'll be the only one with a head as big as this guy.

[​IMG]

Now can one of you guys come over here with a sawzall and cut a chunk out of the door jam so I can get my head through the door?

Seriously, thanks.

Don

14. DRD57

DRD57

one more thing before someone else asks: yes, Jack and I have similar haircuts.

15. DRD57

DRD57

Overheard at a restaurant somewhere in west Texas "Are you guys with the old cars in a club? Do you have to have a beard to be in your club?"

[​IMG]

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Don was at MoKan? Now you got me wonderin... See, I met a Don at MoKan and even talked with him at length (I believe about that little black '32 roadster that was there), but he never told me he was THE Don... Was that you Don???

Out of all the conversations I had that weekend, that one stands out because of some very astute observations he made about the car... Something I would have thought only I would notice... Ring a bell????

17. Sure he was, I spotted him right off!:D Right Don? heheehhhehehehehee, sorry a funny story that only Monsterflake and a couple others were present for!

18. DRD57

DRD57

I was there but I don't think we met.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I hate myself...

20. Rudiments

Rudiments
    from Australia

Dons a great guy, might remember cruising around the Aussie Nationals a few years back with my family in the father in laws Caddy with Skip, Brootal and Carps.

21. Welp, I was lucky enough to hang with Don at B'ville last summer and again a week later at mokan....fun guy.

22. Rusty

Rusty

I never met him but he has a sweet roadster.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This is what Don looked like sitting in the blechers at MoKan last year.........actually looks like Don at B'ville as well........and L'ville too...... man that kat gets around :D

[​IMG]

24. Welp, a myth ith ath good ath a mile. Thorry for the thoopid pun.

cp

25. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

That's what he looked like at Lone Star Round Up as well...

26. Looked like that when he was in Australia too.............sure there's not a "Team Don" where they all have to look the same..??? Kinda like all the different dogs that played Lassie (although I do hope there's not a female version of Don!:eek: )

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Maybe this is one of his "team mates" :eek: :D

[​IMG]

28. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Don is one cool cat.

Nick

29. Yep he must be a real Don Juan...!!!!:eek: :D

30. Man, you guys scare me sometimes.

But at least you got the 'Dude' pegged pretty much right.

On the other hand, I'd figure if I can find him in a crowd of bazillions, a gazillion miles from home, surely Ryan can find him in his own back yard.

As for drivin the roadster across America, he'd probably be drier than if he drve his coupe and got caught in the rain.

Without wanting to make his head swell anymore, he's the kinda guy everybody has on their list of best freinds, he's certainly on mine, even if I don't call as often as i should.