Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Kulture Deluxe sucker punched us

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59IMPALER, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I tried to start this thread last fall, but was denied. CKD is supposed to be our brother in arms against cookie cutter , pro touring, resto-mod, gold chainer fiberglass "R*t Rods". Issue 41, August '10, has a three page spread (PLUS a cover shot!), of a gold chainer mobile. It's a "55 Chevy sedan delivery with 18" and 20" Torquethrusts, a big block crate engine, an Art Morri$on cha$$i$, big Wilwood brakes, a $7000 (at least) leather interior with bi**it steering wheel, column, and pedals. For a leader in our community to try and slip this shit past us pissed me off. I Emailed my displeasure to the CKD staff, stating that a printed appology was in order. No response. Am I the only one who noticed this crime against nature? I thought I was reading Super Chevy. I don't trust them anymore, and won't be renewing my 6 yr subscription. It's too late to get pissed off and write more Emails, now. I just wanted to know if anyone else was hurt from getting bitch slapped by CKD.

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I for one, couldn't care less.

3. screwball

screwball

CK and OLSKOOL only have r.r. in them you must be wrong. LOL

4. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

I'm with you.

5. BFD get over it.

6. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Sorry brother, I'm not loosing sleep over it.

7. What do you expect from a mag that is the sister publication to ol' skool rodz? So really who gives a fuck what they feature! The mag is crap!

8. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Brother in arms??? That's a good one.

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

55 sedan deliveries are badass

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Both are junk mags anyhow.
    I haven't found a good "traditional kulture" mag still.
    But then again why would they print one, the true scene is small, and there's plenty of people like me who have no problems with someone building a fuel injected, disc brake car with some billet and chrome.
    Build what you can afford and what makes you happy.

Isn't "traditional hot rodding" all about taking the car you could afford and thought was cool, and making it go faster, turn and stop better by putting on the parts you can find/afford to personalize it to be a statement of yourself?

11. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Car Kulture Deluxe was the magazine for this scene.That was up till the 12th issue. Since cool house bought them it went to shit. Maybe and i say maybe they would have 1 good car in there every once in a while. There articles on shows suck ass. They will run a 4 page spread on a piece of shit and then a 1 page on a good show. Another thing is the writing. That anna marco sucks at it. Cant stand her or her writing.

12. Oh & I wouldn't call them a leader, I'd call them blight on the rodding community.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

"tried to start this thread last fall, but was denied." Can't say I blame any of the mods on here for that...this is the wrong forum for mag bitching. Bet this one gets deleted too.

"to try and slip this shit past us pissed me off." LOL...I guess a three page spread is really "trying to slip something past" you, huh...??? Get over it...if you don't like the mag, don't open it and go ahead and cancel your subscription...there's 10 more guys out there that will take your place. This is a traditional hot rod site, not a RR site.

R-

14. McKee

McKee

Apparently,.... Thread close in 3,...2,...1,...

15. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

16. belair

belair

darn that first amendment

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I only buy old magazines and rodders journal.

18. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

It doesn't bother me. I dig cars. Be they old, billet, chromed, slammed, jacked, full blown, Fuel injected, chopped, customized, or factory stock. I don't care if it has a $7000 interior, or 2 mexican blankets as long as it is tastefully done. This sport, culture what ever you want to call it, is basically build your car to your taste, and if someone else likes it as much as you love it, then you done good. If no one else likes it and you do, then you have still done good in your taste. Get over it and move on.

19. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Do you think Martha Stewart can drive a stick?:D

If she can that would be HOT!

20. This thread is probably worse than the car that was in the magazine!

21. godspeedbear

godspeedbear
    from golden

Yawn...
    Trans adapters are billet........
    Some model A's have 21" wheels''.......
    Just through that issue in the trash if you want

22. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

My truck's in Rod & Kulture, so it must be the "Cool One"

23. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

24. Jroc0801

Jroc0801
    from Katy Tx

Has any one ever had a dingle berry??????

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

CKD has slid down hill for a long time it's a shitty mag from
    One issue to the next it's full of crap reviews shit can rides and non custom racing crap. So what you saw was about right and I expect it to continue and get worse. No use writing to them they know it and don't give a shit about you or anything else. Rodders journal is your new mag

26. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

27. UNDR8D

UNDR8D
    from Ojai, CA

I did a disc swap on my 9" because it was cheaper than replacing all the beat up drum brake shit. Does that make me a Street Rodder with a trailer queen?

To me Function is more important than pretending to be part of a mockery of an era in which my own parents weren't even born.

People build cars from the parts they can afford because that's what they can afford. That's fine.

Other people cobble together pure garbage because they are ignorant and unskilled, then they pass it off under the heading of "rat rod" which they hope will excuse their utter lack of fabrication ability.

It seems like "rat rodding" is more about wearing converse shoes with cuffs on your jeans, having a myriad of patchy cheap tattoo work, and spewing vitriol about how much you hate people who can afford Wilwood brakes because they aren't purists.

Well no shit. Do you think the guys that did the first Flathead swaps into their As were applauded by everyone? I'm sure there was a crowd of 4cyl guys with no budgets thatwere like "hey wtf! you aren't purists!" There's always another side.

28. That mag is all rat rods normally anyways...who cares... I'm with Hot Rod Bill.....Rod and Kulture is the "Cool" mag

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... What a stupid thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.