Register now to get rid of these ads!

The eleventy billionth LSR X pic thread :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Apr 5, 2011.

1. EL SOLDADO

EL SOLDADO

Awsome...keep me posted sir...:D

2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Superb job Travis!! It was great meeting you in person. Looking forward to seeing you at KKOA.

3. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks Dan, great to meet you too, KKOA will be here before we know it!

Part 9ish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

FANTASTIC Travis..... you documented the total vibe of the whole weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Most excellent!

5. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

Awesome pics,thanks for sharing them with everyone.I had to work so I'm glad I could see some of what was there.

6. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Excellent collections of photos Travis! Thanks a lot for psoting all of em!

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

There was a certain awesome red truck that I was geeking out over all weekend... Thanks for the compliments, my goal is to make everyone have a feel for each show I hit.

Thanks guys, Todd, will you be at Vintage Torque Fest? Only 3 weeks away!

8. Man it is a shame I have not been able to make this show as yet. BUT thanks to all for the wonderful photos. It makes me even more determined to be there in the future.

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

Seriously, your photos rule. I don't know what your shooting with but you've mastered using it. Excellent job, great eye too.

10. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

really like the pics. you have great color in all your shots. do you post process your images? if so have any tips? what camera and lens do you use?

11. Excellent coverage! Best collection I've seen so far. Thanks for posting!

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

This was my first trip and certainly won't be my last.

Thanks! I am far from mastering anything to do with photography, but I'm striving to get better all of the time.

Using a basic Nikon D90 with the kit 18mm-105mm lens for now, I've tweaked the color settings for some extra saturation. I use Aperture for post and most of what I've done is add some saturation again, some contrast, a small amount of shadow reduction and highlight reduction, levels and of course exposure. Probably too much and if I was better with the shooting side I would have to do less post :)

Here's part 10!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Some may call it photography.....artwork is more like it:D

Thanks for all the postings.....got to see stuff "that I didn't see"

14. 53woody

53woody

Holy Crap are these pictures Cool, You are the man with the camera,outstanding I can't stop looking!!

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

You're welcome and thanks for the kind words.

Part 11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 13... I think I have a problem, can't stop sharing :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to rework some of the shots, that'll be happening over the next few days. I think they should automatically update here when I update them on my site.

17. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Travis nice to put a face with the talent pictures kick ass and i was there didnt see have of what you see even looking at the same stuff.mark.

18. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Thats half not have sorry

19. Your shots?!?!? They'rrrrrrrrrrrre GREAT !! Thanks for sharing, you are supremely talented at capturing the event, the vibe and the great cars brought by some fine folks...Thanks again!

20. Heart Of Texas

Heart Of Texas
    from TX

Travis... as always super great photos... glad I got to talk with you on Friday.
    Hope to see you again at a HOT ROD event... maybe at Bowling Green next year?

21. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Dude you took some awesome pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

22. don daddyo

don daddyo

To get a better idea of the show ,I think you got to be there...very kool picture.If i've got a chance to finish the project,I'll be come down next year,(long roadtrip)...!!!

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I feel the same way when I look at other's pictures, damn nice to finally meet you too, keep the pedal down on that amazing beast, looking forward to geting more action shots at the KKOA this year and the H.A.M.B. Drags!

Thanks a ton, that's what my goal is, nice to know you folks appreciate the effort!

I would love to hit Bowling Green, I'm working behind the scenes to get more vacation time and it may well happen next year!

Once again, thanks guys! I know some people are annoyed by all the thank you posts that I put up but I just can't stress how much it means to me to see the appreciation of the folks that 'get it'.

Part 14 (almost done)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And because I was told I don't take enough shots of the women at the shows..
    [​IMG]
    (I need to take more, I know.... I'll work on it!)

[​IMG]

I'm finding I really like the old Firestone logo for some reason...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 Iconic brands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ryno's ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 15 (seriously I now am obsessed with posting pics apparently)

[​IMG]

I think I'm liking these low shots too much, gotta switch up my angles a bit more!
    [​IMG]

I LOOOVE the shots that NotStockPhotography took of this truck, if I had a link I'd share it, they are too cool. I believe I also got some of it at the Hot Rod Revolution in November.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe a little too rat for here, but look at that inline motor boys, that's just crazy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmm we've got one of these sitting in the field, I'm kinda diggin the moons & wide whites...might have to show this one to my old man and get yet another project rolling.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeff Myers' Stude! Jeff said that the stude and his wife's Tahoe (that just got repainted) both got some hail damage last night, my heart just breaks hearing that, but the upside is that Jeff is THE MAN and I'm sure he'll take these particular lemons and make a killer lemonade out of them (ok so that's stretching for a metaphor, I'm tired give me a break).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Norwell's Truck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob K!
    [​IMG]

25. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 16, the final one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jake Mooney's killer 54, just made the color version of this into a t-shirt that's for sale.
    [​IMG]

and the aforementioned color version.
    [​IMG]

Jimmie Vaughan on stage (and me waaaaay in the back)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and that's it! I'll rework some that I'm not 100% happy with, but that's the best of the 2011 Lonestar Roundup of my gallery! Thanks so much to everyone for checking them out! I even sold a couple of small prints, hopefully someday I can sell enough to fund these adventures, either way I plan on continuing as long as I can afford to. :)

See you at a show,
    Travis

26. Thanks for the posting all these!I really missed going this year but I don't regret spending the budget on going to the GNRS.Roundup 2012!

27. tom heath

tom heath
    from Enid, Ok.

Travis,, thank you from all of us who wished we could go but were unable to make it. for what ever reason, I heard about the loanestar round up for past year or so , now thanks to your pictures I truely know how much I missed seeing frineds and cars from all over.thank you verry much / Tom

28. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

one last update :)

One of my best friends works for another buddy's sign company. Well Brian decided that he wanted a super huge sized version of one of the shots of Jake's 54 for his office wall. I haven't seen it finished in person yet, but here's a cell phone pic that he sent me last night. I hope to go take a better picture of it this weekend.

Attached Files:

29. LabRat

LabRat

Thankyou for your fine selection of photo's !

There may be alot of photo threads , but the content of some is bordering on disrespectful ....

30. What great work. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. Plus you saved a bunch of us poor unfortunates a lot of time trying to look at all the cars. Thanks again.
    Later,
    Dick