Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Just Picked Up A 50 Shoebox! Update!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krackerjack88, Dec 4, 2010.

1. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

More primer and got this thing straight as a whistle.... That's my mascot! :D Should be in paint this weekend. More to come...

Attached Files:

2. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

3. LanceM

LanceM
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Digging your Shoe! I'm looking for one as well.
    Mind if I ask how much you paid for her?

4. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

$3900... Wasn't a deal, but sure in the hell wasn't a steal.

5. LanceM

LanceM
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the info. I am looking to pick up a car that's in about the same shape, and start wailing on it. Seems like all of the cars I've seen are priced way higher. -Thinking I'll go to GNRS this weekend and see if there are a few Shoes laying around...

6. 21tat

21tat

Congrats. That's a great lookin shoebox! Owning one of these makes me happy. I'm sure it will do the same for you.

7. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Cool car and looks to be in reasonable shape. Was interesting to see what looks to be Bimini Blue Metellic paint on the car. This was probably the original colour. It was the original on my coupe but most was gone by the time I got it. Im thinking of putting back on! As for parts and advice should should sign up to shoeboxford.com. Lots of parts and oldtime experienced advice.
    Andy.

8. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Alright bout the paint today. Single stage black and white. The black is a chysler black and a chevy white. Only things that won't be FoMoCo.

9. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Have the white painted will have the black primer on it tonight. Ill post pictures of it when I'm done. This weekend should have the black gloss on it.

10. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I know, i know... Still in primer, but I'm stoked. :D

Attached Files:

11. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

After a long semester of college I kind of jad no time for this car. Got on it lately and ronded the hood corners and did a custom grille. I will be painting the perforated the same black as the car.

Gives a whole new meaning to a mouth full of diamonds.... haha What do you guys think? :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  12. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

put the 50 grille back in it!

13. I've got a 49 coupe, been following this thread for a bit. Really like some of the things you've done, and was looking forward to seeing the car finished. In my opinion, grill still needs thinking about.;) Maybe a trimmed original, or some re-thinking on what you've got there. Sorry, just my thoughts, Your Car.

14. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Thanks maybe I need to round out the opening. I t needs something else. Il keep having at it. But I'm definately going with a drawer knob.

15. Car is cool but grille definetely needs to go back in...nobody made a better grille for a 50 ford than Henry IMHO.

16. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Alright the old grille is gone, so I'm trying to make this new one work. I did a little mock up. I think it needs to have a more round shape. But I'm still thinking it's missing something. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

17. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You asked for opinions, so here's mine. Put the stock grill back on.

18. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Is it really that bad?!

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Please don't take offense, each to their own an' that. But yeah, you had me all the way til the grill swap.

20. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Ahhh, No offense takin Ferg. Just looking for some ideas. I'm really trying to make it work. Who knows... Maybe i'll surprise you guys! :rolleyes::D

21. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Over the weekend, re worked the grille some. Filled in the parking light holes also. May run blinkers behind the grille. Again just primer. May have it ready for paint by next weekend.

Attached Files: