Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lima, OH to Bay City, MI Relay?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigcheese327, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Per the want ad in my signature, HAMBster hotrawd has offered to give me a defunct pair of 6.70 x 15 wide whites to build a tire swing for my girls.

He doesn’t want to ship them, and I don’t blame him, but there’s no way I’m going to get to Ohio anytime soon. He’s in Lima, OH , about an hour south of Toledo. Are there any HAMBsters passing that way who could get them up into Michigan?

I get down to Metro Detroit semi-frequently, and I have a buddies in Redford and Plymouth who would probably be willing to store them for me if we could get them that far.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dave

2. Lima is a little further than an hour south of Toledo ( about 2 hours ). Are you sure you dont mean Findley?

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Just going by what hotrawd told me.

-Dave

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Get 'em to Flint, I'll hold 'em.....

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Anybody headed from Ohio to Flint? I haven't seen Flatheadpete since I was in college.

-Dave

6. berickson

berickson

I'm in the freight business. I don't have the power to move anything for free, but i'd be more than happy to work up a quote for anyone that needs to ship somehting. If you want a quote i need zips and a guess on the weight.

7. If someone can get them to me, we're up round Bay City at least once a month on our way to the cabin. I'm in Canton, MI basically right at 275 and Michigan Ave.

How's things Dave, it's been awhile!

JK

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks for the thought. I’m at 48723. I’m not sure where exactly in Lima hotrawd is, but 45801 is the Lima, OH post office. As for weight, around 50 pounds?

I’m doing okay; how about you? If you’re up this way some time, why don’t you let me know and we can meet up for lunch or something? I was hoping to reconnect with HAMBsters at Autorama, but we’re celebrating my youngest’s first birthday that weekend and I’m not going to make it.

-Dave

9. Life happens, that's how we've been! ;)

I'll catch up with you more later...

JK

10. lowongas

lowongas

I will be going through Lima to Dayton and back to Detroit on Thursday and again on Monday.I do go through quite early..( were talking 6 and 7 AM..) but on the trip back it should be between 12 noon and 2.let me know and I will haul them to Dearborn for free.Let me know how to contact this guy and an address and best time.

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I just PM'd hotrawd. Hopefully we can work something out. Thanks, lowongas.

-Dave

12. LMK if you want me to pick it up- Dearborn ain't that far... actually I have a hybrid training class there next month anyway. ;)

JK

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'll keep you posted. I've got a friend in Redford who works in Dearborn (Ponchorunner on here) and is supposed to be coming to visit next month, so I might have him drag the tires along.

-Dave

14. berickson

berickson

Eh, it came up just over $100, you may be better off waiting it out or going with UPS ground.

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks, it looks as though things are coming together for a relay. Keeping my fingers crossed.

-Dave

16. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I'm in Port Huron, if that helps in the relay. Someone could drop them here for pickup/relay.

17. lowongas

lowongas

Ok..there HERE..!!! Anyone want to set up the exchange,let me know.When I leave work I travel down 275 to Michigan Ave.,then head east.Only problem is..I finish work at weird hours of the day.Tomorrow is Friday SO I BETTER be done by 3:00..!!!!:eek:

18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks, man. I'm gonna see if I can get my buddy Derek (Ponchorunner) to PM you tonight.

-Dave

19. lowongas

lowongas

Well Big Cheese,I made the hand off...LOL..Glad I could help.....:D

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks a bunch. I hope I can return the favor someday.

-Dave

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thought you guys might appreciate what you made possible:

[​IMG]

A period-correct 1950s tire swing.

-Dave

22. Rich1028

Rich1028