Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 49 coronet sled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by super rat racing, Mar 25, 2011.

1. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Damn that Washington weed makes people do wacky shit.

2. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

It reminds me of the movie Rocketman for some reason. I think it's really cool!

3. super rat racing

super rat racing

yes!...now i have an ally! i was hopin someone else would concur with my thought. thanks for the comments all

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

X3 go for it!!!:D

5. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. the only problem with running the exhaust out of the cones,is i had some other ideas for running the exhaust,but i think i'll kinda plan on the cones for now. got some bad news on the rocket motor,my brother tore it apart last night,and theres a hole in thwe block goin into a water jacket. i wish i could find a cummins deisel to put in it.

6. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. i keep tryin to go faster,but this shit is time consuming,and from past experiance evertime i speed up,i screw up!

7. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. so if i dont get too many distractions tomorow,im thinkin i can get both outsides done,after that i can pull the fenders off and get em all wrapped up. im not too worried about the inner tie ins,cuz everything will kind be locked down,but im sure they'll be way harder than i think too.i bagged the idea of tryin to build out to the prefabbed cones,im gonna get the outer skins on the reshape the cones and build them to the skins...make sense?..probably not

8. Orn

Orn

This is an interesting project to say the least. Keep it up. Subscribed.

9. pinky49

pinky49

i really like the direction you are going!!
    i say put the cat back in with the triples.
    keep it up, ed

10. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. man i should put the cat back in,im goin nuts tryin to figure out a motor with no money.
    ok,had a bunch of distractions today,but i still managed to reach my goal

11. super rat racing

super rat racing

12. super rat racing

super rat racing

13. super rat racing

super rat racing

14. super rat racing

super rat racing

15. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. man,i cant begin to describe how hard this was to do for me.gettin one sid done isnt so bad,but then having your patterns dimensions,distance from the floor to the bottom,and everything else duplacated excactly on the other side will make you pull yer hair out!

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

im liking this loads.

what do you mean thinkin outside of the box? fuck the box alltogheter.

17. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. well,i got the car jacked up on stands,trimmed the bottom of the fenders and aligned them,thought i could get a good pic,but it turned out like shit.thanks for the comments! i didnt get much time today,but im startin to worry about how long the back is takin me,the rest of the car is gonna be way more complicated!

18. super rat racing

super rat racing

[​IMG]. so i was talkin to my next door neihbor at my shop today,tellin him i was lookin for a cummins deisel,and he said,oh i got one of them! its all taken apart,but he has everything for it,turbo and all.it just has a spun bearing. he collects diesel engines,but they are mainly big marine and fishing boat motors.from the time i started on this car,my intention was always to make it a diesel hotrod,so maybe this was a sign.i took a pic of his shop cuz i thought it was kinda funny

19. pinky49

pinky49

if you do put a cummins in it, call bill fletcher at diesel pros in stanwood washington. he does cams & complete builds to suit your needs. did a 4 cylinder cummins for bonneville for a customer's 28 ford roadster

20. stamierdodge

stamierdodge

it aint a cookie cutter like others. this is what i would hone in on and pass all the other "customs" to check it out at a show. this is plain fucking bitchn and is makn me wana take a trip over there. nice score on the motor bro!

21. super rat racing

super rat racing

thanks guys!stanwoods right down the road from me,bout 30 minutes.mine is a six cylinder cummins,so thats good i guess.dont know much about em.stamier,if yer gonna be in the area,pm me i can give you my number.

22. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

That some cool shit right there.

I wonder if Barris would have posted all his builds on here if the HAMB was around back in the day.

23. I like the way its lookin.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just found this thread, thanks for posting all the photos and letting us follow the build.

25. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Very cool and unique build. I will be following this thread for sure.

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I did look at the pics again, the rear of the rear fender is really nice! cant wait to see whats up.

27. GEISTERFAHRER

GEISTERFAHRER

I think this custom is awesome great build. As soon as I say the front window Rocketeer came to mind. The build progress is amazing keep the photos coming. Wish i had your skill

28. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

LOVING this so far!! I wasn't sure about the extended rear fenders, but now I think they will rock!! You're giving me ideas for my Coronet!!

29. super rat racing

super rat racing

thanks everyone! its nice to see another coronet owner on here.things are gonna slow down for a little bit cuz im so damn busy,but this project is top of my priority list even if i can only sneak in an hour a day.i should be able to put some more time into it middle of next week.

30. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

great! keep us updated.