Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 3 Window Gasser Garage Find, at Charlotte,NC Autofair Swapmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever18, Apr 9, 2011.

1. 4ever18

4ever18

If someone else has already posted photos of this car, I apologize. I did a couple of quick searches and didn't find anything.

I snapped about a dozen photos of the car and figured that my fellow HAMB'rs would enjoy seeing this. The seller was asking $35,000.

Enjoy:

Attached Files:

2. 35chevymaster

35chevymaster
    from indiana

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

the gas tank and rollcage should pass NHRA inspection no problem! I wish I were rich!

4. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

That is one bad ass piece of history right there!

5. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

WOW! If I were rich and had a lot of time on my hands I'd buy it in a minute and restore to its former glory; it looks early '60s - probably had an Olds in it to run A/G

Some comments -

Anybody know what rear end that is?

The door lightening was, let me say, interesting....

If that was an A/G car in the early '60s it was going through the lights about 110/115 mph - I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing that in that car now, but it would have been no problem in '61 :D

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Whoa. That's the stuff dreams are made of right there. Wonder if any documentation can be found?

$35k doesn't seem too crazy considering what some of them are going for. Or am I crazy?

Either way-so cool.

7. bonesy

bonesy

Now that's cool.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for posting the photos and info. Did it sell?

9. stamierdodge

stamierdodge

it says dodge powered on the hood. swing! hemi anybody? :D

10. Nethery

Nethery
    from Palm Coast

I bet it didn't last long.... how about the torched out inner doors. Ouch. If that car could only talk, damn. Dodge powered on the hood?

11. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

The doors remind me of the old A/FX -S/S tricks.
    Firewall was uncut, proper dash.

12. cakes

cakes

ya I saw that as well, looked at it for about 15 mins, very cool car

13. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

It was funny while I was lusting a couple guys came up and one said $3500 that's not too bad of a price. I had to laugh. He then realized the real price.

Attached Files:

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Says "Dodge Powered" on the hood. Coulda been a max wedge...

15. 29ToyA

29ToyA

16. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I'm sorry, but that's a crazy price!! That car needs everything to be even close to a driver. JMO

17. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I think it's crazy price too, but I bet he gets close to it!!!!

18. 4ever18

4ever18

When you consider that this car came with a good title, complete body (garnish moldings, door latches, window regulators, windshield, dash, hood, grill & shell, bumpers, steering, frame, a ton of the little bits that will dollar you to death, and IT'S THE REAL DEAL - I thought that it was a better bargain than a Brookville version. I saw no rust holes or serious rust pitting. Since my garage-runneth-over and my bank account runneth-out, I was just a "tire kicker". I'd like to have it, but I'd have to turn loose of something else to get it... I look at my stash and figured that I'd rather keep what I've got, rather than trade for something different. But, that thing would certainly be cool. I don't know if it has yet sold, but it had not sold as of Friday evening.

Did anyone notice that the front axle had been drilled and then covered by a thin piece of sheet metal? I think that the seller tore away some of the thin covering to show the drilled axle. The body was very straight. I saw no signs of any real body modifications. A new owner would have to clean up and correct some engineering choices, but you wouldn't have a bunch of body work to do. $35k is a lot of money, no matter how you look at it... But, as '32 Ford 3 window coupes go, the initial buy in price added to the necessary expenses to make it save and reliable to drive would add up to a bargain in the end - especially if there's any good documentation of it's race history.

19. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

That car would look great stuck in LA traffic!

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Haha, $3500... yeah, I'd probably break my wrist trying to get my wallet out of my pocket fast enough!:D Man, that thing is awesome. Wonder if he wants to trade for a nice AV8 roadster?:rolleyes:

21. 55chevr

55chevr

35k is a lot for a body and frame ... even if it is a 3 window ...

22. Shookie

Shookie

asking price is a BIG joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

24. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Bullshit.

25. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Holy Crap, that car is as rad as they come. If I had 35k of disposable funds, my checkbook would be smoking to get it out and the check written. If 35k is a lot for a complete 32 3 window in that shape where you live, You need to buy them all and bring them out here where you pay 20 for a good usable body.

26. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Right on, brother !

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:(

As the actual owner of a original Henry Ford 3W coupe ... I looked at the Charlotte coupe ... and figured it would be sold by Friday evening. I did not go back there today ( Saturday ) ... to check on it. I was busy getting ready to come home. He had a crowd around it most of the time when I looked at it.

This ROUGHER ... 32 3W sold for 25 grand in Los Angeles this past LA Roadster show ( 2010 ) ... on Friday ... the first day most of the public could get in. 25 is not a LOT for a decent 32/33/34 3W :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I'm sorry, but lets compare apples to apples, not Henry to Brookville. There are a lot of Brookville cars out there that are WAY overpriced. I know it costs a fortune to put a car together, especially when you start with nothing and have to buy it all from the store, but at the end of the day, a Brookville car isn't a Henry, and never will be.

I know of a 32 3 window that went for the same price as this one is. It was running and driving with all the body work done and a really nice chop with a filled roof. Either the swap meet car is priced right and this car was a steel, or the swap meet car is way overpriced and this car was priced right. It's all a matter of opinion and my opinion is the swap meet car is overpriced. And so is the body that Deuce Roadster posted up.

29. 55chevr

55chevr

On the Ford Barn, a 33 Ford 3 window running car is going for 36K ... the asking price for the 32 is way too strong ... but it only takes one jackass with more money than sense .. no harm in trying to find that fool.

30. titus

titus

Good deal.

Fix a few safety issues

Get it running

drive it as is.

JEFF