Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1950 Chevy Styleline Special!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by black240, Apr 8, 2011.

1. black240

black240
    from Houston

I recently sold my lac and bought this. I really dont know what direction to go with on this vehicle either led sled or og low low.
    Here some pictures of the vehicle doesnt run but I am the third owner and it has 79,300 original miles on the engine but the engine down for the moment. Dont know if I want to get it rebuild or put a 383 stroker engine with a 700R4 tranny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. black240

black240
    from Houston

3. black240

black240
    from Houston

Here is me polishing the bumper the wifey took pics. for memory of the progess of the car getting fixed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. black240

black240
    from Houston

My dad surprised me today and told here is your car. 1979 Chevy Nova.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also took another one of the bombita.
    [​IMG]

5. black240

black240
    from Houston

Here is my dads ride he bought it for $500 and 4 months later he has it finish lucky!!!!!!!.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome Aboard! You're Chevy is in great condition and its a kool project. If you give
    it the right attitude your Chevy will be a great cruizer. Good luck and keep us posted.

Happy Trails, Mick

7. black240

black240
    from Houston

Its so hard to spend any money because at the moment I am in the process of getting married its on Sept. 2,2011 so it feels like I have my hands tied down that I caint spend any money.

I am actually looking for another ride that I want to get as a wedding gift. I want 29-30 Model A sedan or 30-37' Chevy or For truck.

I told my chick after the wedding its on I want to build them quick. the 50 needs enging work and brake work all the exterior lights work thats a plus and its been converted to 12v already.

But I know it takes time and patience so it will be ok. I hope lol.

8. black240

black240
    from Houston

Thanks I already know what I want to do. I already but some steelies for it that I only paid $25 for all four.

9. robertsregal

robertsregal

Welcome from Minnesota, sweet ol chevy-grat line and possibilities!

10. black240

black240
    from Houston

Yeah the good thing about the car there is no trim missing from the car all the doors shut really good and are all ligned up straight. The guy who I got it from even gave the paint to paint the car sky blue and gm white.

11. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

do you know what its going to take to get the motor running? How are the brakes?

12. black240

black240
    from Houston

The brake pedal there is no tention on it; it just just all the way in like butter. I have a feeling that they have to bleeded and the motor it turns well when I push the button to start like it wants to crank but its missing the fuel line from the carb to the filter and its disconnected from the fliter to the gas tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would really like a 350 or 383 but standard tranny.

13. black240

black240
    from Houston

I wish the scene was bigger here in Houston or atleast have some car meets of these types of cars. The scene here is more of lowriders and honda which is fine because I like those type of cars would like it also to have a strong scence of these types plus rat rods.

14. lownslo50

lownslo50
    from Florida

Looks good. These cars are cool no matter which route you take.

15. Jroc0801

Jroc0801
    from Katy Tx

Fuk it chop it slam it

16. Rod Zombie

Rod Zombie
    from Florida

It is great to see another new project getting started. Remember plan your work and work your plan. It is going to be a long process so don't get discouraged and quit. You can do whatever you put your mind to.

17. black240

black240
    from Houston

Your so right on that sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

18. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

I would try to get it running like it is first, then criuse it for a while until you figure out what you want to do with it.

There does your screen name come from?

19. black240

black240
    from Houston

I would love to chop it but I am so limited to tools and thats for sure that its going to be slam.

20. black240

black240
    from Houston

Trust me I have my plans already and I know what I want its just time and money issues basically it. I am so limited to tools and really dont know anyone in Houston that can help me out I am up for learning cars are my passion.

21. black240

black240
    from Houston

Trust me thats what I want to do. But I am so limited to tools. Plus I dont know anyone in Houston that can help me out.

I just want it to be driving.

My b-day is May 5, our wedding is Sept. 2. My girl ask me what I wanted for my b-day and I told her I wanted my to be drive able for the day of the wedding.

I told her you know how you want your big wedding I want my car to driveable.

My screen name comes from back then I use to own a black 240 and I just kept it to throw of people.

22. black240

black240
    from Houston

This is the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. black240

black240
    from Houston

I know the slow will be slow but thats fine all we have is time in this world.

24. 'Mo

'Mo

Looks like a straight, solid car! Does it need more than just some tinkering to be a runner?

Split pipes, 3" blocks, and cut coils won't cost much, and will go a long way toward Coolsville! :cool:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  25. black240

black240
    from Houston

Nah its been sanded down already but the only part were I can see rust is in the engine and on the left rear pss. door on the bottom its bubbling a bit but either then that its good.

My girl and i go antique shopping and I bought a radiator cap for a 1920 pontiac chief and its design into a indian head with feathers and all even the face was darken a bit to resemble more of the color plan to use it as shifter knob.

26. nwx

nwx
    from Tacoma, WA

NICE! I bet with a little love, that thing could run!

27. Jroc0801

Jroc0801
    from Katy Tx

Look at my pics of my 52 my buddy skyrodder has done 90% of the work chopping my to all we used is a sawzaw,angle grinder,and a mig welder look him up he's pretty reasonable his name is skyrodder on the h.a.m.b.

28. black240

black240
    from Houston

Your right on that. I want for my dad to help me out but work owns him.

29. black240

black240
    from Houston

I seened his car and it looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been speeking to him through pm's to get info on the club as well that I am trying to be in a crew.

30. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

I almost bought that car from the guy in League City. He had the paint ready to go. Its very cool. Let me know if you need a hand, I live in Pearland and just did a motor swap/hydraulics on mine and can offer some assistance.