Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally found me a 3 window. Schwing!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firepower flyer, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Thats exactly what happend!The guy I bought it from unfortunately has serious health issues and I would geuss he's only in his early 50s.He's had the car for about 7-8 years and collected alot of the parts.He bought it from a guy that completly blew the thing apart for restoration and then passed away.It was stripped and primed but was never inside a good shelter.It was in a shitty shed for awhile then it sat outside in our wonderful Wisconsin winters.Now shes in a heated dry shop.So it's going to need to be stripped again.Overall the car is ok the doors and decklid are super nice,but it will need quite a bit of patchs here and there,one rocker maybe both and a partial floor,but I'm more than willing to put it back together.Thanks for the nice for the comments I'm pretty stoked!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Congrats ! I have a 36 3W too, and really like the body style. One of ford's best. Keep us posted

3. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Congratulations, Looks Good!

4. belair

belair

Deco deluxe. I love those cars.

5. Good for you! Nice solid car compared to alot of "found" 3 windows you see. I look forward to see it coming together.

6. allengator

allengator
    from Keller, TX

7. slammed

slammed

Good story. Good friend. Good for you!

8. A great start...

9. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

VERY cool. Nothing better than finding your absolute favorite!

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lucky bastard :D ! My dream car !

11. bREWcITYbIRD

bREWcITYbIRD

That's pretty sweeeeeeet! Now get back to work on the A-bone. :cool:

12. I want to get back working on the A but I'm a little side tracked at the moment.It looks like a 36 Ford threw up all over my shop!!!There's parts everywhere.I'm trying to make look like a car again,plus it's easier than storing parts all over the place.Who ever took this thing apart did not forget to remove a single nut or bolt!!I just wish he would have kept some of the hardware.Somewhere out there is a gargae with a coffee can full of nuts and bolts for my coupe.I'm going to swap the 3 window body onto my other frame tomorrow,so why don't you call in sick and come help me.Oh your violating HAMB rules your suppose to introduce yourself before posting!Hey I don't make the rules.

13. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

Nice score!

Sounds like you need some fine thread bolts, 5/16-24 x 3/4" or 1" to start.

Good Luck, Have Fun.

14. Not much of a update as I don't want to get carried away on this one untill I finish other "started" projects LOL I did a frame swap on it,the one under it was reaaly bad.Not a total loss,I'm using the rear crossmember and center section on my A bone project.Ok back to this one.I had a good 37 frame already so I did that first.The shop was scatterd full of the parts off this thing so I just started putting it back together half ass so It's more complete and takes up less room in the shop.My buddy had four good Firestone 16" 600s with tubes so that was a bouns.I also had a 37-41 mild drop axle that I put under it but I will post pics of that soon.It's really got me sparked up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. With hood on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I'm just glad she's a roller again I was depressed seeing sitting with four junk flat tires.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  16. Nice! You're almost done! :)

17. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

18. geist717

geist717

have fun with that one!

19. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Sweet find dude. Now get a plan and get going.

20. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

21. falfas55

falfas55

Take that friend out for a steak dinner. Btw good score!!

22. That body is pretty decent, really. Glad you rescued it before it deteriorated any further,
    stashed outside!