Register now to get rid of these ads!

blower belt dressing??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EDPACECAR, Apr 6, 2011.

1. EDPACECAR

EDPACECAR

What can be used to make blower belt look black again. Would hate to use something that would damage belt. Plus tire dressing (most) are slippery.

2. Are you looking to dress the OUTside or the cogged INside? If it's the inside, I wouldn't touch it...

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

shoe polish...

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shoe Polish, spit shine it to a Military Parade Gloss standard.......................:rolleyes:Of Course.

Doc.

5. ...OR, you can wipe the outside down with a good Vinyl seat upholstery dressing...

6. Deuces

Deuces

Armor-All... :D

7. It's funny to see a thread on here where someone wants to actually improve the look of something, rather than stupidly screw up decent paint, or whatnot...:) Shoe polish, as previously mentioned....

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

LOL i had not thought of it thus, but yea... refreshing

9. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

You seem to like nice bright new shiney things.

No insult intended, but...

You would be a big hit on Antique Road Show with your 250 year old English side board, newly painted and chromed handles!

I have shiney cars, and dull cars. Thats why they make chocolate AND vanilla.

;)

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

unintended or not, i know that would piss me off... i think what he means is, there are an inordinate amount of people on here hell bent for leather to take a car that has decent paint, or passable paint and either "patina" the thing, or sand it down and shoot it with 10 cans of friggin crylon.

i dont think he's the "antiques roadshow" kinda person... just one who is tired of seeing 8 of 10 cars on here lackluster on purpose

11. Precisely....well said, thanks. :)