Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show us your workbench

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yonahrr, Apr 5, 2011.

1. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Workbench? What's that? My workbenches are a couple Black and Decker Workmates next to the car! :)

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We just redid our bench and added all new T-8 lights. The 4' X 4' section that sticks off the main bench is movable with adjustable feet. we did that so we had a stable base to put a ladder to reach the parts that are stored in the rafters. It also allows us to have a big enough area to work on the doors on the 51 without having to set them on the floor. we added the polishing station / wire wheel in a screwed up location and the bench stock / cleaning stuff on the other side

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  3. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Running out of room

Attached Files:

• 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      325.4 KB
      Views:
    • 045.jpg
      045.jpg
      File size:
      454.3 KB
      Views:
  4. yonahrr

yonahrr

WOW! Check out those pictures!

Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. indyjps

indyjps

I keep a few 3/4" x 2' x 8' plywood strips around. have saw horses with 2X4 notches, that way I can set up the bench next to what Im working on and it forces me to put things away when Im done.

Im working on a bench now. want 3 sections 3' x 3' that clamp together with differnt tops (steel, carpet, wood) and wheels. that way I can have one large bench or un clamp them and roll them to where Im working. (bought all my wheels, looking for some angle iron scrap and a nice steel plate to start fabbing it)

6. awesome582

awesome582
    from Iowa

I just hung 10 extra cabinets to hold all my crap.....now I have less room than I did before. Where did it all come from?

7. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

I never thought of this. That is one hell of an idea. I always wanted to do one with a scissor lift on it so I could get some elevation at rod runs. I will have to put this on my list. :D

8. jonly

jonly

this thread makes me feel like less of a derelict.
    [​IMG]

9. work benches against walls are shelves. my bench is on wheels and stays in the center of the room, forces me to keep it clean.

10. Here are mine. They arent clean like this now. I had em cleaned off when I put up the magazine covers. I should have taken a picture of what was behind me, I could barely move.

Attached Files:

11. i like the drawer fronts.

12. This is only clean, because I wasn't fully moved into the new space yet. It's not that open now.

[​IMG]

HRM2K- you have the BEST wallpaper!

13. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Here's the metal framed one I built...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my old Beach rolling bench...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

i always admire how interesting my tool mess is, even the debris piles i sweep up; panoramic views of my shelves;etc.
    i have a lot of tables that my father gave me, that he salvaged from somewhere else, and ive had them for many years now; the other day i was thinking of all the work that was done on them, and how cool they look now, and why. i love it.

15. jonly

jonly

drawer pulls are awesome ^

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  16. G. Anderson

G. Anderson
    from MN.usa

My dumpy garage and benches.:p

Your Pal, Gary

Attached Files:

17. yonahrr

yonahrr

That's a real hack saw you got there! Don't see them too much any more.

Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You and me both. I need to take one day this weekend and clean out the garage to the walls and start over.

Too much winter accumulation of stuff that didn't get hauled back to the proper shed or pitched out.

I like your Garage/shop G Anderson, It has a lot of neat equipment, is clean enough to work in safely but shows that you actually work in it and it isn't just a display area for nifty equipment that you have collected.

19. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Here is mine,I have storage space for fasteners ( 25 years Body Shop Collection ) under the work surfaces so I gotta keep it as uncluttered as possible

Attached Files:

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like the hidden storage bins under the counter top. As long as there aren't too many cylinder heads or transmissions on the bench that would be a great system to have. Glad to see you've meet your '34 Ford grille shell guota. [​IMG]

21. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey, a clean workbench never won no races!

22. bluestang67

bluestang67

My work bench is a piece of plywood over a garbage can . I found out if it has a flat surface it will hold stuff for ever . I did however build shelf's that you can't find a engine block on .

Fun thing is looking at all the interesting stuff piled on the bench pics !!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is in there some where !!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  23. yonahrr

yonahrr

Now's this is a place I can work in! There no work being done in a clean workshop!

24. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Yes,I used to find those throw away 33 & 34 Grilles and fixem and have them plated,I can still fixem,but now I can't afford to have them plated

25. Gerg

Gerg

out with the old

[​IMG]

in with the new

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. boutlaw

boutlaw

Its great to know that I am not the only "messy" person out there. Ity seems all I do is sweep up grinding dust, its every frickin where, in every drawer, and on every horizontal surface. I ain't cleaning it up till I stop making grinding dust...

Outlaw

27. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

Here's mine!

Attached Files:

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have two benches. The small one is 4x6, has a pair of camel bumps, my dis-assembled FE heads, the front bumper and re-painted brackets and COMPLETE heater and ducting from under the dash of my chevy II, as well as dozens of small underhood and grill brackets that have recently been re-painted, bunch of assorted hand tools and taps, ect. I'll will probably clean it off once it collapses under the accumulated wieght...

29. squirrel

squirrel

I cleaned the front 2/3rds of my workbench last week, found some tools, parts, etc that I'd been missing. It's like an archaeology expedition every time I do it.