Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOORAY!! Dumbass Scrapper Thief gets caught!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shmoozo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. fonti

fonti

what an asshole...

2. Jimm56

Jimm56

Nominate him for the Darwin Award, he just improved the gene pool. Stupid should never be allowed to reproduce.:)

3. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

This may be borderline unbelievable behavior for a drug user, But, there was one here in G.R. that was busted with a trunk load of bronze cemetary markers and urns.:mad:

4. Ole Billy Jack,
    smokin that crack.
    Going to jail,
    and not coming back....

5. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Yeah, but some dumb shits do dumb shit without drugs.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I just remember my sig when I hear shit like this......

7. I never thought the human race could sink to such lows.

I'll be guarding my junk cars with a shotgun tonight!

8. Al Von

Al Von

I am a scrapper who has lost lots of stuff over the years to various thieves. Scrapping is so competitive and these goofs give all of us a bad name. Glad to see some of the stupider ones get caught. I never take ANYTHING without asking!

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

This week in San Diego, the news had a report about scrappers going "high end". They've been targeting churches and mansions, ripping out statues and the like, including a 600 lb. solid bronze sculpture from the front yard of a house! That took some balls. I'd guess they'd be melting it down/cutting it up, or reselling to a high end home builder out of town?
    The cops recently busted a local scrap yard owner for buying stolen property. Cal Trans/cops did an investigation and found they were knowingly buying stolen graveyard markers and guardrailing stolen from the side of the freeway system!
    Scrappers have slowed here due to the high gas prices. I recently talked to a scrapper gassing up next to me and he said it was hardly worth it anymore. After looking at some "questionable" items in his truck bed, I thought to myself, petty crime should be going down.

10. Just heard on the news this morning that somebody stole 200 feet of REDWOOD guardrail in a State Park just south of here.......Good old growth redwood is probably worth as much as steel, if not more... but they were 20 and 30 foot chunks....and nobody heard the chainsaw?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  11. This past year, some dumb ass tweakers stole the bronze vase from my Grandmother's grave, along with 50 or 60 others out of the veteran's section of the cemetary...on Memorial Day no less.

They were caught when they tried to sell them to the scrap yard.

12. new 2 the old

new 2 the old

I live in vancouver bc. The scrapers here will come right up your lanway to grab things everytime. when they do most times im here to freak on them but funny thing is even when i freak on them they just go 3 homes down and do it all over again to my buddys lol . And they see nothing wrough with going on to some ones property.

13. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

Back in the 80's, there was a group of high schoolers arrested around here for scrapping extruded aluminum bridge railings. Talk about giant balls and tiny minds.

14. rixrex

rixrex

As long as the metal scrap yards continue to take manhole covers, light poles, guard rail etc. we are going to have this problem..I saw a pickup load of shopping carts heading out the other day...

15. new 2 the old

new 2 the old

LOl Now i no why i see manholes missing covers some times lol.

16. new 2 the old

new 2 the old

This place i moved in to one time i never thought to see if the water worked in the house befor moveing in . So when i whet to use the water there was no water.Looked under the sink and all the copper pipes were riped out and taken for scrap.

17. Grate work Springfield Police!

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if they posted a cop car at all the scrap yards they would all close within a month.

19. Right after hurricane katrina, scrap went through the roof. Where I work we maintain microwave rf equipment for the gov't,and one of our towers is 770 ft tall. Clowns freeclimbed that thing, in the dsrk, and stole 4 700 feet runs of 2 inch semi elliptical wave guide, lots of copper. Once it was down they cut it into 10-12 ft lengths and loaded it into trucks and carried a lot of it away. We were working up there to repair some damage from the hurricane, which is why we thought the microwave link was down. We immediately noticed the cut waveguide then found 2 stacks of the cutup pieces they had left. The ones they got away with were tracked to a salvage yard in louisiana who said they had paid about $400 for what they hadalready gotten. This stuff is $35 per linear foot. Do the math. They never were able to make any arrests as id and vehicle tag info turned up invalid....Since this stuff is govt owned, we all got to pay to replace it. Yay.

20. Smoking

Smoking
    BANNED
    from Florida

Just remind them, if they're found here tonight, they'll be found here tomorrow!

21. Big whoop
    I spent 10 years working in the jail system. He'll do 90-120 days, three hot and a cot, color TV, etc. County jail, so there will be no rotting, anal rape or any of the other well wishes that everyone has for him. Then he'll be back on the streets, up to his old games again. It's his job and it has it's risks. A few months in jail every now and then is no big deal.

22. i used to pick my wife at her work a car would leave the area with the nose up in the air i asked her what was in the building it came from she said the electrical division i told her they were stealing the copper wire a few days she later she called to tell me the car got hung up on the driveway exit too heavy in the trunk got the tank and got caught and it was new wire

23. onedge

onedge

Very sad indeed.

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Exactly what I thought, If they used a system similar to what Pawn Shops here have to use it might help. Three copies of of a ticket with detailed description of the items bieng sold or pawned are made. One for the Pawn Shop one for the person selling or pawning and One copy that goes straight to the police. When an item is reported stolen police are able to check the database to find out if anything matching the specific description was sold or pawned and then they have the name adress and # of the person that made the transaction. Also quit giving these crackers cash, write em a check. Make them have proper ID so they have some accountability for their actions. The scrap companies are just as much to blame, if they wouldnt help these dipshits fence stolen shit they might have to look elsewhere to make thier living! Oh yeah did I mention my neighbor is a scrapper, I quickly let him know NONE of my shit is up for grabs and Ive never had a problem with him.

25. Eight433

Eight433

Around here, they take your license plate number, and you HAVE to take it in a vehicle. Too many hood rats taking scrap in their arms and standing on the scale. They also use a finger print scanner.

26. Larry T

Larry T

This is the WHOLE problem, right here.
    Larry T

27. pe·ri·od (pîr[​IMG][​IMG]-[​IMG]d)n.
    1. The full pause at the end of a spoken sentence.
    A punctuation mark ( . ) indicating a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete

28. dmw56

dmw56

Shit, are you kidding he won't spend a day serving jail time. Slap on the wrist and send him back out on the streets.

29. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Well done, son. Well done...

30. billygoat67

billygoat67

here in iowa a couple stole all the water valves at the iowa state fairgrounds campgrounds, $12,000 worth of valves, they were cought and their faces were all over the news. show the criminals faces more and mabe the bumb asses will think twice next time. i don't know where the thought they could sell that many water valve without any ?'s