Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need advice for a collision estimate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gotit, Mar 25, 2011.

1. gotit

gotit

Aerocolor, first off I not incompetent by any means. I can do it myself and have it be like new. My "buddy" uses my shop to work on his car, It has been in there for months. He is a body guy and has been for over twenty years, just about as long as I have been alive. Henow rooms with me in one of my extra bedrooms. He is a damn good friend and has been helping me metal finish one of my A's trying to get it ready for the summer.

If we had a body shop that did any decent work I would hire their services.

I do not have insurance and I did have the car out of my shop working on lowering my '48 ford. I was on private property. I am not trying to get away with something you others have to pay for. I obey laws and I help my community soooo much. I have not had much time to get this vehicle somewhere. I work 40 hrs. A week and volunteer at the local fire dept. I am working on getting anther certification and that has me in class 8 hrs a week plus saturdays.

I will work through this situation.

Thank you everyone for all the assistance

2. beatcad

beatcad

what is the other parties ins co?
    with that bit of info i can help a little better.
    if it's one of the bigger guys you can call the claims dept,give 'em the claim#(you do have that dontcha?) and ask them if they have a DRP shop in yer area. and set up an apptment w/ them.
    the shop wont like it, cause they wont get the work but theyshould write ya something. maybe half-assed, but something. it's a starting point for negotiations.
    i hate when someone comes in for an est and i know theyre goin elsewhere or keepin the money 'cause i know i'm gonna waste 1/2 hour for nothing, but if it's a clasic or custom it perks up my day a little to do something cool/different.

a pal of mine had his 67 beetle backed into and asked me for an est to submit to and ins co.
    older cars are harder because you actually have to pull out an old book and look up labor times and current A/M catalogs for parts prices so it does take more time. i was glad to do it because this guy was really a friend,not just i kinda know him.

3. Swifster

Swifster

BOOM! And there is the answer. This isn't rocket science. Takes one phone call.

4. hippy killer

hippy killer

i think your signature is also offensive

5. as an auto insurance adjuster for a major company, I will give you the same advice most everyone else already has.... CALL THE OTHER PERSONS INSURANCE COMPANY AND MAKE THEM DO THE WORK...... don't make something so simple so complicated.