Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok American Graffitti & Hollywood Knight what else

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

The Driver, The Pom Pom Girls, Thunder Road, King of the Mountain, White Lightning, Gator, The Lively Set

2. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

Also how about Aloha Bobby and Rose with Paul lemat....

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

does anyone have any footage from King of the Mountain, seen it twice on TV and could never find a DVD of it

4. codeblu

codeblu

You can find parts of it on youtube...

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was a long time ago----Some of us in the LAR club were paid a whopping 50 bucks as extra cars,---Then a year later Max Baer (Beverly hillbillies) Productions did a movie called "Hometown USA"---Again, they paid us 50 bucks per car, it must have been the going rate back then!---Aside from watching all the movie making, the food they had was always great for an all night adventure with the "stars", as all filming had to be done overnight, thats why studios rent the city streets from midnight to 6 AM.---------Don

6. It's out there, I have it.

7. cant find it on ebay right now,but on Amazon.com its running about 60-80 bucks........damn!!!glad I got it to

8. 10secondA

10secondA

17 pages of good and bad car movies and no one mentioned greydon clark and his barely a b movie tiltled hi-riders some terrible 70s style cars, in one seen as a car is racing down the road you can see the foot long shackles and the entire rearend

9. SKYGUY

SKYGUY

Hot Rods To Hell. There's a sweet '58 vette gasser.

10. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

11. solos10

solos10
    from so.cal

HOT RODS to HELL is the best!!!!!

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Death Race 2000, This movie sux so bad you get mesmerized, this is where the points system for running over little old ladys came from.

13. Flamin'

Flamin'

I just read every post in this thread (bored at work for 12hrs) and never saw anyone mention the original 1966 movie "Out of Sight". Its got some hot rods in it and the main car is the Barris built "ZZR" with twin buicks for power and Norm Grabowski plays a dude named "Huh". Or even the Frankie and Annette movie "Beachblanket Bingo" that's got some hot rods in it and Roth's Surfite is in the background of the airport scene and the villian has a triump with a t-bucket body for a sidecar

Also one to be seriously noted is "Mr & Mrs Loving". Its not a car movie but does have a bitchin drag race scene between a Deuce 3Window and a Deuce 5Window. It should be noted because the 5Window happens to belong to HAMBer.... Its Coupedevil's husbands car

14. Flamin'

Flamin'

Oh, and if I remember right, in one of the Frankie & Annette movies they're driving Norm Grabowski's red full fendered tub...

15. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Dragstrip Girl (1957) Tommy Ivo's T Bucket in action!

16. Willys 77

Willys 77
    from up north

Check out the "Hot Rod Girl" movie with Faith Granger entitled "DUECE OF SPADES"!

17. Glad to see this pop up again......Im trying to figure out a film to show at a classic restored theater here in town this summer,so this is a lotta help.........if you got Ideas or know a source for the 50s/60s films (35mm) let me know,I am trying to narrow it down to five films...........thanks everybody

Attached Files:

18. Hot Rod definatly! Don't forget about the newer movies like Red Dirt Rising and Duece Of Spades!!

19. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

20. Greezeball

Greezeball

Hey Meatball "The Lively Set" is a good choice for sure. Or if ya wanted to get a little campy "Attack of the Giant Gilla Monster".

21. this is one of my favorite 60s car flicks,thats not a beach movie.Just wonder if enough people know it and would come to see it on the big screen........

Attached Files:

22. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

Haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but Dead Man's Curve isn't bad. Story of Jan and Dean.

23. Well stated,Buzzard. Graffiti had a lot of focus on the cars,and they were almost as big a group of stars as the actor/actresses. Look at the commentary here on the site about the coupe,or Steve's '58,or even the bloody Vespa.

I enjoyed "Knights" from an entertainment standpoint(plus I think Fran Drescher is a looker-the voice,however...),but the cars weren't as integral to the movie or atmosphere of the movie.

No one has mentioned all the "B" movies involving teenage hoodlums and their rods-if I recall,there were a ton of them in the early and mid-60's.

...And,"The California Kid" meant I'd always have lust for a 33-4 Fords. Won't move my Sport Fury to get one,but if I ever found a sack of greenbacks...

24. clockwork31

clockwork31

25. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Winning with Paul Newman

26. chopperrob

chopperrob
    from ny

How about , King of the Mountain Harry Hamlin and Dennis Hopper? anyone seen that? I love that road racing type vette!

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Here's the Duece of Spades premier in Ionia yesterday.

Attached Files:

28. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

29. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

I`ve always liked "Deuce coupe".. does that car still exist?

30. The Barris SSXR went across the stage at Barrett Jackson in 2015 for $137,500.00. I still don't like the repaint. I don't think it ever had a Hemi in it like you got with the model car. I see the 273 in it.. Here is the link.I would still like to see what happened to the Thunder Charger. I read a while back someone owned it and does not show it.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...PLYMOUTH-BARRACUDA-CUSTOM-FIREBALL-500-181260