Register now to get rid of these ads!

thanks HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vonpahrkur, Mar 25, 2011.

1. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

I think I first heard about the Jalopy Journal from a friend named Jen from Colorado, I'll admit at first I was a little skeptical. I wasn't sure about the whole "online" hotrod thing. Anyway I decided to check it out and I'll have to admit that it has definitely grown on me big time over the years and the HAMB has definitely turned into one of my all-time favorite top-o-the-list online destinations!
    Whether it be seeing everyone's awesome creative tech ideas or watching someone's life-long dream project come together, or reading about new-old iron drug from the woods or better yet the barn, or checking out someone's skilled drawing or painting or computer-generated masterpiece, or seeing how when someone has a need or is struggling with something everyone gets together to do what they can to help. Even just hearing someone's story about how they got their car and what turned them onto their automobile passion in the first place. It's a wonderful thing to be able to log into this community that is devoted to one of my favorite things and just read an article that Ryan or Jay (and sometimes others) took time to write and pour their creative talent into just so that we could have something fresh and cool to feast our minds on concerning one of our favorite subjects- Traditional Hotrods and Custom Cars.

Also there's nothing better than logging into the Hamb and going to the classifieds and stumbling onto that vital part you've been looking for that will help you achieve that next step of completion on your project. Lastly and probably most importantly, its pretty cool to have a place to go hang out and share ideas, stories, talents, car parts etc with like-minded people from all over the globe or to just escape and take your mind off the stress and drudgery of every-day life.

Hats off to Ryan for taking the time and following a vision which resulted in creating this awesome place for us. Also, hats off to those that take the time to moderate and maintain this online hotrod community and lastly and not least- all the folks that have taken the time to log in and throw in their 2 cents as it's the community of folks that make this place what it is! The Hamb is much appreciated and a huge blessing, and while i may have been skeptical or critical at first, i am definitely a believer now! I love this place!
    Thanks, Mike Parker

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

damn right !!!!!

3. rusty bill

rusty bill

I think we all feel this way!

4. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

thanks! Chime in folks if you agree! these guys put a lot of time into this place, just think if you didn't have it... let em know!

5. 41chevytruckinga

41chevytruckinga

I agree. I just stumbled on this site by searching for info and havent left since. If it wasn't for this site I would be lost on my build. Thanks to Ryan and the moderators for their work here and to the whole HAMB community!

6. hot rust

hot rust

2nd that! the best by far

7. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

This place is great for all of us when we are at a dead end on one of our projects. Just chime on to the H.A.M.B ask you question and there is always somebody out there to offer you solutions to your build problem..... THANKS Ryan for the H.A.M.B.....