Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fire burns down house.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordblue4ever, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Im very sorry to hear about the fire. Seems like there have been way too many house/shop fires popping up on the HAMB lately. Please don't feel ashamed of asking for help. We all need it sometimes. Im sure you have lent a hand to a friend in need in your life too so don't feel bad for asking for help.

Like most here, I don't have any NASCAR stuff but I would love to help out. Is there anything else I can do to help? Seems like a lot of people are coming through with nascar stuff. Is there anything the rest of the family needs that maybe I can come up with? Or a paypal account to donate a couple bucks to? I think its great and very noble that you and your family are just trying to help your youngest son with his collection, which is why I think you guys deserve a little something too! Let me know if theres anything I can do.

2. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Jason I had called Roush last week and left a message. They just returned my call and are sending some stuff to Jared hope your world is getting a little brighter.

3. That's cool!

4. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

I dont post on here much. I just lerk and read, but i have to say that i am speechless about you loss. I will pry for you and your family. I wont lie, i got tears when i saw your son opening up his gifts. We all have to ask for help from time to time. Please pm me if i could purchase a gift card to walmart or another store to help out with clothes. Keep your head up and please ask if need anything.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. fordblue4ever

fordblue4ever
    from ohio

That Is Awesome! Im sure my son will love it. We would like to thank all of you for your help and support. We are still dealing with the insurance and they are not really helping us. Once its all said and done we are looking at just about enough to pay the house off and thats it. I am going to have to dip into my 401K in order to tear down the house and put in a modular or a trailer. Sorry i have not been on here much due to going back to work. I will have my brother post up more pictures of the Jared opening the gifts. To make it easier to those who are helping Here is our Mailing Address

J.Rushing
    P.o Box 149
    Alger, Oh 45812

Thank you all! You guys have made it soo much easier on Jared. Everytime he opens a package his face just lights up

6. toolman1967

toolman1967

I shared this story with my Church and they were all touched be the generosity of the HAMB members. You have shown how people are supposed to react when bad things happen to good people.

7. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

8. Kenny P

Kenny P

Wow, that is so cool, his smile in the last shot just made my day!

9. dirty4

dirty4

Sorry for your loss. I will be sending some stuff out tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  10. RichG

RichG

11. 82stang5.0

82stang5.0
    from Ohio

12. brady1929

brady1929

package sent today. should be there in about a week. god bless

13. speed-kings

speed-kings

I used to work for a place that did alot of display items for Nascar. Some of it used to find its way home with me. I will send some stuff ASAP.

14. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

OMG, Heartbreaking!! :(

glad you guys are ok!!

let me see if i can find stuff around here!!!

15. 41chevytruckinga

41chevytruckinga

Jason,
    I am going to find the local Masonic Lodge there in your town and see what the brothers there can help you with. Being a Mason here in Georgia, the kids are our #1 priority. There are a few big fans in my lodge and I will talk with them to see what we can find. We have a few skydivers as well that might be able to find stuff for your oldest son as well.

16. The Gambler

The Gambler

THIS is why I love the HAMB.....makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.ttt

17. adamshumard

adamshumard

this place gives me hope for the human race.......

18. 41chevytruckinga

41chevytruckinga

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

NO DOUBT.

Good people on here. If I had anything like that, I'd send it your way.

20. jlouie

jlouie

I believe I just figured out what to do with some of my diecast. I'll box some up this weekend and get them out to you next week. Keep the faith, and as long as you son is happy we're all happy.

21. fordblue4ever

fordblue4ever
    from ohio

Thanks, Everyone we really appreciate and will post some more pics soon!

22. fordblue4ever

fordblue4ever
    from ohio

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[URL=http://img862.imageshack.us/

23. fordblue4ever

fordblue4ever
    from ohio

24. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Is there an email that one can use to make a donation through paypal? Not sure how it works, or do you have a paypal account? My heart hurts for your loss.
    Here I am worried about my stupid little motor and you have such a big loss. If you don't want to post your info, please PM it to me.

My prayers are for you and your family.

25. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

gotta admit that chokes me up a bit to know good people are still out there doing great stuff like this.

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Them dang onions are at it again.

Way to step up, HAMBsters.

Tell us about the trip to DC. What does he need to make that happen? Plane fare? Tickets? Some of us have butt loads of frequent flyer miles and may be able to help out that way (no NASCAR and little cash...)

27. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

im sorry to here about this may i post this story on another site ?
    a lot of guys are in to nascar over there and i don't have any small scale but i could build a model and put it in a display case and send to your son if you think he would like that pm me

28. Look at that smile!....Awesome...

29. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey; fordblue4ever;

Sorry 'bout your loss. Glad nobody was hurt.

Please PM your ph#.

Best advice I can offer on the insurance, is from my little brother - who worked in the industry, " Don't bother w/laywers or threatening suing. Just calmly mention you'll be contacting, & giving, the details [of how things aren't being handled well, or fairly, or by the contract] to the (your) State Insurance Commissioner. & do it! The only time they scrambled, was when the S.I.C. got involved. :D (& that's his job.) The only thing the insur cos are afraid of, is hearing from the S.I.C. - 'cause he can & will cause them trouble. Up to, & including, pulling their license to sell in that state." Good luck w/this - & I hope you were well insured.

FWIW.

Marcus...