Register now to get rid of these ads!

old but new to h.a.m.b.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by opu27, Mar 1, 2011.

1. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

Hi guys: Dick here, I have been playing with cars for 75 years now. Started with wooden blocks playing in the dirt. Rakers car club and lads (lions assocation drag strip) Mickey Thompson in Long Beach CA in the fifties. Ran a 36 ford 2 door blue sedan with Cad engine Lasalle trans. Later years built a 40 Ford sedan delivery with a Cad and started "Forties Limited" in May 1968. "Forties Limited" is still very active with a membership of a little over 100 members. As of 2011 have almost finished steel 27 street roadster (GODROD) from my wheelchair. dick GEN KA6OPU

My dad died of cancer when I was 2 years old. The photos of my dad belonged to my mother. My dad was a car guy and I never had a chance to enjoy being with him. I miss him even today. dick

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

wow ! that was quick, thanks dick

3. Dick,
    Great intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

4. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Welcome from Victoria Australia, we are looking forward to hearing your stories!

5. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Dick, welcome from Tennessee

6. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

Welcome from Crossville, Tn

7. toolman1967

toolman1967

Welcome from a fellow wheelie ( my term for wheelchair user). I normally only say Hi to guys from the midwest or my area of the country but I couldnt help but to welcome you and your 75 years of history.

8. RDR

RDR

Welcome from central Oregon....had a brother in-law that built two hotrods from his wheelchair and was a real inspiration to many folks!....Keep up the good work and enjoy cruising your roadster.
    Randy

9. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

wow !!!!

how nice of you guys to welcome me to your group. I don't like network socializing, it is boring. But this is differnt ! You are my family of special friends. I want to thank 26 roadster for his service to our country and others who have done so, you know who you are. My family goes way back in years to tenn. (sugar creek) i will have to learn how to put photo of my 27 roadster on this site. It is nice to meet fellow wheelers. you will find a photo of my 40 sedan delivery on (forties limited) web site 477 0n the door. By for now. Dick

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  10. The Gambler

The Gambler

welcome from cali...check out a fellow hamber goes by the name cripfink ( i think) has a really cool sedan delivery.

11. The Gambler

The Gambler

sorry its KRIPFINK.

12. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

you will find a photo of my 40 sedan delivery on (forties limited) web site. photo taken at dry lakes no. 477 on the door.

13. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

14. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Florida. Glad to see that wheelchair isn't slowing you down. Had a fellow club member who finished his '36 three window after he went blind. Sad part was he never got to drive it...or did he? We'll never tell.

Lee

15. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Welcome from snowy NH. Good for you, always an inspiration to see that folks don't let impediments slow down their love of cars. We had a guy here in NH that had a blown deuce roadster some years ago, called Blind Man's Bluff. He had vision issues but had someone drive him to runs.

16. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

learning to push the right buttons to put photos for you of my 27 roadster. the only person that dont make mistakes is the person that does not do anything.

17. roundvalley

roundvalley

Dick: can't resist a welcome to someone older than me. HEY: Chet Herbert did it, why not us???

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  18. Dr. Neutrino

Dr. Neutrino

Hi, Dick. I envy you. Your '27 is magnetic, mine is not. Looking forward to pics of your '27. You can see mine in my album, just created.

19. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

i don't understand the envy . enjoyed roadster pnotos. thanks, dick

20. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Oh yeah---me too. I'm feelin' a little younger thanks to you----and welcome.

21. Welcome, great to have ya, enjoy.

22. 52 Thunder

52 Thunder
    from Canada

Welcome aboard from Canada!

23. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

Hi Guys:
    Took a dozen or so hard copy photos to Walmart to have them put on a CD so I can get them into my computer. I won't get until next Sat. I will download or upload ? (what ever) and show my 27 steel roadster build to you. Frame build to mockup. Spent time cleaning up garage getting ready for warm weather and work on roadster. Want to get engine started and check it out before much detail work.
    Any "old" Rakers Car Club members from Long Beach CA stop and say hi. Forties Limited members from Orange County CA are you out there? DICK

"THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT DON'T MAKE MISTAKES IS THE PERSON THAT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING"

24. Thanks for joining HAMB, and welcome. We like guys with a history and appreciate your experience.

25. G,day Dick ,welcome from Australia I guess you would fit nicely into the Old Farts Club social group.

26. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

27. anthonyg

anthonyg
    from arizona

welcome!!! I hope I am still at it from a wheelchair!!!!

28. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell