Register now to get rid of these ads!

455 in Olds -56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Young Man, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

455 Olds has to be the best kept secret of Roddingham.
    Some of the great unwashed still abide that they are heavy, like their 324 ancestors.
    Still others think they are wide, long, tall, etc.
    Tear one to the block. Practically hollow cavernous casting makes for light weight. Run?
    Docile as a 260 Ford. Tame. ('till you step on it) Torque? Monstrous. It will pull a house.
    Not enough speed equipment available, I'd like to see some intakes...4X2 staggered, maybe even a better 2X4 than the low-HP Offie. Valve covers are the easy-to-spot thin ones, I made an adaptor for my finned Moon No name for 324 Olds.
    With all the 455 Olds Jet boats that got changed over to 427 & 454 Chev power, you'd think there'd be more used Olds goodies around.

2. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

not real pretty but it does the trick.i cut the tube at the bottom,and rerouted it around the colum.in the middle the tube is clamped togather,and the flange is cut at the bolt hole soo it can be removed.the line lock has since been relocated out of the way.im sure it could be done much cleaner,but it works for me.

Attached Files:

3. Young Man

Young Man
    from Sweden

I have not been here for the hole summer but my Olds-project is going on. This winter the engin is gonna have some more hp and I will change the rearend to a 2.73 posi 8,5 it's better for the fuelbill and it will leave 2 black stripes....
    Olds 455 torquemonster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1VF5PAlNJs<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

4. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

go with 70 442 exhaust manifolds they make repops of them. There good flowing and you could run 2 1/2" pipes right up to the manifolds . I believe Tameraz sells the manifolds. That would be the way to go then useing leaky headers. Good luck dude, your swap is looking great !!!!

5. flatoz

flatoz

OK Young Man,

I'm bumping this back up in the hope that you have the rest of the photos of this swap you can share?

6. Young Man

Young Man
    from Sweden

Have not been here for a long time but the engineswap is done not without problem
    here is the engine last spring, runs good as hell

[​IMG]

Last Christmas Santa give me a Edelbrock Performer and this mess meet me under the old intake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to klean up the inside of the engine with a steelbruch (blurkh). This enging was runnig perfekt, unbelivable. Oilchanges are fore chicken ? New 10:1 piston, Howard cam, littel heavier than Toro -70 and some grinding in the heads

Before

[​IMG]

After. This is a boring but cheep way to performance that anybody can do.

[​IMG]

Time to paint Rocket Silver Bullit 455!! April this year.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty good, time to burn rubber!!

[​IMG]

I have also change rear end to 8.5 10 bolt posi 2,73 ratio it was nessesery becours I leave allways one black worm after me.
    Lay down some rubber without posi...way not !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1VF5PAlNJs

7. Young Man

Young Man
    from Sweden

New doorpanels, kickpanels and seatcover interior in Truck"n"roll style looks good.
    Backseat cover is stuck i US but I know it soon gonna be delivered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Airride block is under frontseat, nice and clean.

[​IMG]

Support your lockal car club....

[​IMG]

8. flatoz

flatoz

looks like your going to play lawn bowls on that carpet.

I like the new interior looks great.