Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ducktail or james dean?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MODELA30, Sep 20, 2010.

1. MODELA30

MODELA30

Pics

Attached Files:

2. MODELA30

MODELA30

You are right brain. in the sea of all old iron that was so cool!!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. MODELA30

MODELA30

They keep coming!!!!!

4. MODELA30

MODELA30

Pics!!!

Attached Files:

5. MODELA30

MODELA30

Well guys the last picture is for james dean nice spyder it was a shame he was so young. I did not have a chance to go to the james dean run but there is always next year. Look at that dwarf merc yes dwarf the car was hand built buy a guy that drove all the way from phoenix arizona. The car is a true testament of people with just great tin knocking skills. Well i had a great time. See you next year knuck from indiana.

Attached Files:

6. fbama73

fbama73

7. MODELA30

MODELA30

Hey brain nice pics man that 59 chevy your last pic. That was a nice car. Thanks. Knuck from indiana.

8. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Went to Duck yesterday, and hung out my friends. The neat thing I like about Ducktail is you can jump in your car and cruise the park and view the cars. No can do at Dean or most all other shows. If you got a bad back and legs this is great - save them for checking out the parts vendors, which there are many.

Attached Files:

9. MODELA30

MODELA30

Any ither guys with pics?? Knuck from indiana.

10. Jeff J

Jeff J

Just got back from both of the shows and they where great !!!10 hour drive but worth it ! going back next year for sure !

11. paintcan54

paintcan54

I don't know where you get you can't cruise at Dean people was doing it all weekend. Geez, I get real tired of all the Dean put downs. Everybody forgets that the James Dean Run was the first show, Rebel Run was a spin off of Dean, and Ducktail is a replacement show when the Rebel Run show left Grant County, and now in Lima Ohio.

12. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

I think they both do a great job both especially considering how many cars, spectators, vendors, traffic, etc... the organizers deal with.

Both are great showsp; they just each have their own feel. I think the new car club is definetely taking the James Dean Run back to what it is supposed to be.

The highlight for me was seeing Sam Barris's Merc rolling through the James Dean Festival. It looked perfect in pictures and it was perfect in person. They are hundreds of 49-51 Mercs at this show and the Barris Merc even 50 some year laters drew a large crowd around it the entire show.

I will have 1500+ pics from the show by midweek at www.JamesDeanDucktailRun.com

13. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Huh?????
    I cruzed James Dean both on Friday and Saturday, sometimes it is a little tight but it can be done, I also saw a bunch of other folks doing it.

B:confused:B

14. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

We were at Ducktail Saturday...great show with tons of cars. I wanted to cruise my truck around the park, but it seemed that most everyone there did too and ya couldnt get around! So I ended up just firing it up in its spot a few times. :D

15. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

here are a couple pictures i took. The first two are the four cars ( 1960 Dodge Dart , 1940 Ford, 1960 Cadillac, 1955 Chevy) we drove down from Muskegon,Mi. We take 2 to 4 cars down for the Ducktail Run for the past 10 years or so and been going since it was still the Rebel Run.

Attached Files:

16. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

the mini-merc was at Back to the 50's also. It was sweet seeing it again.

17. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Nice! We diddnt stick around for the flamethrowers...we got hungry.

Nice lookin rides!

I left my camera at home...no photos of Allen striping my truck. :( It looks great though!

18. MODELA30

MODELA30

Hey tradrod51. Thanks for the pictures are those from ducktail or james dean? Knuck from indiana. Any body got a picture of that dwarf 39 chevy i guess the guy has 5 dwarf cars.

19. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

all the pictures are from Ducktail.

20. MODELA30

MODELA30

Anybody got any pics of the dwarf 39 chevy it was not at the ducktail but he lives in arizona any one out in phoenix have any pics. Knuck from indiana.

21. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

There was a dwarf Merc at Ducktail...I did not see a dwarf '39 Chevy

22. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

It wasn't there, he just had the Merc. he also has a dwarf 46 ford in addition to the Merc and the 39.

B:DB

23. Voodoofire1

Voodoofire1

Hey, I see part of my truck next to that sissy fire throwing Chrysler of Eric's,lol,lol........Man that was a great night, we just got permission to put the fire back in the Ducktail, after the popper fiasco and we all gathered in a circle to celebrate, look forward to seeing more of this in the future, and by the way, I'm Steve and I run the flame show and campground.....