Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rooms for James Dean/Ducktail Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I just talked to several hotels in Gas City Indiana and they have had some cancellations.

Best Western
    765 998 2331
    Ask for Darlene

Super 8
    765 998 6800
    Talk to Bill

I think the Super 8 is 130.00 and the Best Western is 162.00

Call the motels directly, these are not my rooms, I am just trying to let folks know that there are rooms available for this event.

B:)B

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Krap I wish I could make it..... Super 8 $130 a night? They must have better sheep up
    north then the ones that we have at the SK500. The Super 8 down here is only $45 a
    night.

Happy Trails, Mick

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The super inflated motel room costs is one of the major reasons these two shows aren't high on my priority list.

4. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

It is a tremendous weekend with two great shows. Great cars, Great people, Great party. There are limited hotels in the area especially if you want to stay close. Typically the hotels Bob listed are booked years in advance.

There are several nearby cities within 30 minutes you can stay out for normal cheap hotel prices if you don't mind driving. Both shows are easy access off of Interstate 69.

5. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

When I don't take the motor home, I usually stay in Anderson at the Motel 6. It's a 30 minute ride at fair prices. Plus, there are a lot of cool guys hangin' out there at night.

6. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

We usually stay in Kokomo. Also a pleasent ride over.

7. 57Nailhead

57Nailhead
    from Anna,Ohio

sleep in your car!!!!!been doin it for years! see ya'll at the ducktail!

8. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

There is also camping availiable at the Ducktail Run. Primitive spots along the river along with spots with electrical hook up.

9. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

I'm pre-registered for both shows...see you guys there!

10. j_tech1

j_tech1

hey is there any campground for rvs

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I don't think there is a campground near the grounds, there is plenty of parking for RV's but it is usually filled up by Tuesday or Wednsday. There must be some campgrounds around though, google is your friend.

B:)B

12. Voodoofire1

Voodoofire1

Fellas, and ladies, I'm Steve and I run the campground at the Ducktail,I get there the saturday before and am there for 9 days 24/7, we have spots for anything you want, and I'll tell you now, the people in the campground have a great time, and that's the way I want it, I'm not there for the show, I'm there to make sure everyone has a great time!! just look for this truck when you get there, it's always there right in front of the main gate.......
    [​IMG]