Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Zealand Hamb Members...Americarna - Invercargill 2011?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Congrats Brian!

2. bardahl1

bardahl1

If you get into AUK late on the 27th... change your plans. Pay the change fee.

Trust us, don't miss the 'hot rod blowout'. You would be very sorry, its the best thing in NZ for sure. The Scroungers are good guys all of them and thier show is the best for HAMB friendly cars by a mile. Make sure you meet Mike Roberts (Scrounger) and check out some of his projects, amazing metalwork.

South Island feel free to contact Craig 'Stottle' Stare, show promoter, Hot Rod Tour Guide, automotive journalist, sheepherder, '32 owner, goofball, etc etc. [email protected] He is in ChCh and is always willing to show a Yank around.

North Island I would suggest e-mailing the guys at NZ Hot Rod Mag. They always go out of thier way to show around Americans, even and especially if they dont know ya. You'll surely get a guided tour of all the Hot Rod shops around. Meet these guys and you'll be friends. Paul Grace and Greg Stokes.

I took my car over a few years ago, didn't really know anyone on the N Island - met a bunch of great people, went to thier houses, saw thier shops and projects, drank at thier clubhouses, drove everywhere, had a great time and made some lifelong friends. Below are a few random pics from my trips, including The Hot Rod Blowout

BTW, did I mention change your flight and get to the Hot Rod Blowout?

Attached Files:

3. Congrats on getting married ! have fun in OZ !

4. Hoofprints

Hoofprints

Lookn forward to catchn up with ya when you hit Invercargill, i understand Paul at HRM has made contact with you. He'll give you contact details etc and hopefully i'll hear from ya while in our wonderful (but starting to get chilly) city
    Horse

5. Invercargill, Isn't that where Burt Munro is from?
    Any type of museum's or anything around him?

Sounds like a great trip, have fun.

6. Rancho55

Rancho55

I'm surprised that it took that long for Burt Munro to pop up! Theres a tribute to him in E Hayes Hardware store on the main street of Invercargill, including one of his Velocette's, and a replica of his Indian from the movie. Well worth the visit, as is Oreti Beach, where he did his practice runs 10min out of the city. Have a good trip, and check out Queenstown too, 2hr drive. Cool sign just out of Invercargil on the road there too 'Indian Country' with Burt hoofin it down the beach on his ratbike. Haha.

7. Hoofprints

Hoofprints

Yep munro has his following down here. I've not long finished assisting in building a 5 metre long streamliner body for a statue of Burt Munro, cast in bronze. Dont know how to load up images or i'd fire a couple up.

8. fleet-master

fleet-master

Richardson truck museum in Invercargill is one of the best in the world...amazing!! And I'm not overly into trucks!!

9. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Flick them through to me Horse [email protected] and I wll get em up for ya !;)

Steve (Muddy) Kuztom

10. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

World class - Texaco Tanker & body work done by a Hot Rodder .

11. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Wrong Country mate ;):p

12. Smokey2

Smokey2

Bitch'in.................Congratulations!!
    Sounds like You Picked PERFECT SPOT to Honeymoon,
    Have a Blast catnip!

Smokin, In tha' GREAT SMOKEY MTS.

Overheard in gas Sta., E. Tenn.
    "I have a hard enough time LIVING with MY WIFE!,..........But, I'd NEVER tried it with HIS!!" tie a HARD KNOT!;)

13. bardahl1

bardahl1

True, its amazing. If Americarna is going on plenty of people will know how to get there and get in etc.. when we went it wasnt just open, you had to call ahead.

14. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Congrat's on your wedding! And I'm sure you will enjoy New Zealand wherever you are...

If you can make it the to the Beach Hop, then pop into Beach Hop Central - they will have a free USA swing tag for you - yes.... FREE! We welcome all guest from overseas with FREE entry passes...

We have 1150 pre-entered cars - mostly pre 1972. There will be 3000+ cars in our little town of 3800 residents for the event which celebrates the 50s & 60s. HAMB friendly? Of couse there are hundreds of HAMB friendly cars... this year we are including a Pre-49 section and also a Classic Car, Caravan & Boat Show. Kicks off on Wed 23rd but there are already cars crusing town already.... We have a 52 Ford Pickup and 62 T Bird up for grabs plus a fully dressed Flathead engine...

21 Bands including 5 Rockabilly from Australia, Retro Beaity Show and much more.... We're expecting 80,000+ people.... and it is all for charity!

Noddy

15. :D Alway gotta be one comedian aye ... :eek:

clem likes this.
  16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Congratulations

17. 31whitey

31whitey

Brown Trout the size of your leg...world class.

Do alittle fly-fishing...

Gets you and your lady into some beautiful country.

18. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Just in from HORSE (Hoofprints)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hayes hardware store, has the fastest Indian and Burt Monroe display, amazing hardware store and has giftware for the ladies, also the local mumsem type gallery to see Henry the 120 yr old randy Tuatara lizzard. We hope to catch up with some Hambers when we go back to the street rod nats at easter. Anyway dosent seem like we will cross paths but make sure yall have fun and see all you both can. we are on th main Highway in the North island and alway welcome any hambers to call by. We were in Texas last Round up 2010.

20. Where are you? PM me your address if you like, I get up and down the island a fair bit.
    Cheers, Marty.

21. sunliner 60

sunliner 60
    from gore nz

hi Brian I,ll be there with bells on friday Cruise and Saturday, say hi if you see a yellow 60 sunliner
    enjoy our great country
    Phil:):):)

22. Big Jon

Big Jon

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

24. Birky

Birky