Register now to get rid of these ads!

bit of progress on the hudson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Aug 12, 2009.

1. just did a little lowering and floor repair got to make door hinges then its off with the roof for a little hair cut[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. caddy-hack

caddy-hack
    BANNED

looks great, how much are you taking off the top?

3. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

cool, you are making more progress than i on my '53. all i have done is brakes and bearings.

4. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Hudsons were already pretty low. But I'd rather see a well-loved chopped coupe than a crushed coupe, SO, sounds like this Hudson is in good hands, Kenny! Bets of luck on this build. BTW, what COLOR is this low-rider gonna be when yer dun?

5. I dont know how much is comeing off the top but its going to be a lot dont like it when u cant tell if it choped or not with 1 and a half inch chop to much work for the little bit to be removed

6. kapawso

kapawso

Lucky bastard. I dig that Hudson. Wish I saw it first. Juanski said it was clean for the $. Damn.

7. Hudsons look like they're chopped, stock. That outside floor piece is one of the few things they do repop for these, not sure who offers it or if it's worth whatever they get for them.

If you decide to upgrade the drivetrain, you can scout for a '53-'54 rear end - they're a bolt in and use a Dana 44 pumpkin so you can put a more highway friendly gear in it - but since those don't grow on trees, a Ford Ranger rear is another option, it's narrow enough and has the stock bolt pattern. Believe the stock spring pads are cocked a little from 90', to follow the springs that are narrower at the rear than the front, so any non-Hudson rear you need to play a bit to get it installed.

8. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Hudsons are good projects-Keep the progress reports coming,lots of pix.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your Hudson's haunted dude...... Kidding its a dust particle.
    Such a sexy car, I kinda like them more than a Merc!!
    Doc.

PS, does your car get called Doc?

10. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some outside pics

Attached Files:

• hud1.jpg
      hud1.jpg
      File size:
      261.7 KB
      Views:
    • hud2.jpg
      hud2.jpg
      File size:
      321.8 KB
      Views:
  12. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

well, no question it's been chopped. :D looks like good work. just out of curiosity, how did you lower the rear leafs?

13. in the first few pics it was on 3 in blocks in the pics of it chopped it two linked with the stock pan hard bar

14. you did what to your hudson

15. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

"Little" haircut, you say??? Well, when you're done, it'll sure make
    a statement, and nobody's gonna mistake your Hudson for somebody
    else's! Thanks for the update, man.

[​IMG]

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

i wonder how much bondo you will need to make that roof flow again, or you gonna leave it like that?
    Did you think that w/ a couple of inches of plastic filler around the rear window area it will be tricky to put the glass and weatherstrips on?
    Im not hating, i dont like too much bondo but if you can live w/ it why not.... but those cars are way bad ass laying rockers w/ max 2" chops.

17. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Did you ever locate some door hinges? Or make some?

18. captmullette

captmullette

geez.... i guess....... enjoy

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

skenny, I don't care what anybody says...I love it. Sure, it's radical, but there've been many in the past and I've seen lower. It's a matter of opinion as far as what's too much/not enough. I don't agree that a mild chop is always the way to go. The "less is more" idea definitely has its merits...but c'mon guys, embrace 'em all...stock, mild, wild...variety is the spice of life. They can't all be perfectly "tasteful" and restrained...mix it up. I'm glad that some guys like to go low. Personally, I like 'em all, but most of the time, when I see a hard chop like that, with the rear hump completely gone...and the window is near horizontal, so ya can't see out of it...and the rear seat is rendered completely useless...it makes me grin. I don't know what the bondo talk was for...looks like the panels line up pretty good. Your car looks cool, skenny. Finish it nice, and make 'em all eat crow...lol.