Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Indy Hot Rod and Restoration Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Anyone going this weekend? The Gasser will be there with many other cool cars inside the show.
    In addition to the normal schedule of events, this year hot rod culture website owner Kirby Tipple of Suede-and-Chrome.com has agreed to host an on-line contest for a chosen group of 12 cars from local/regional builders.

go to www.suede-and-chrome.com to preview some of the cars that will be there. There are a few HAMB'ers cars in the mix.

Show the power of the HAMB and let's make sure a HAMB friendly car wins this year.

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yep, we are going. It will be a great Friday to check out all the latest aftermarket stuff and see some cool cars as well!

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there with 2 guys from the shop

4. I voted I voted,,

5. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Yep do the vote thing. I'm looking forward to the show. It'll be my first time.

6. Bumpity-bump for the night shift

7. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I'll be missing it agian. :mad:
    The man running Suede-and-Chrome is a friend of mine and the reason I have had an opportunity to go last year and this year. Oh well, I voted.

8. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I voted for the '62 Bonneville. What a GORGEOUS drop-top!

9. Pictures do not do the car justice. It gets me going too. It was at the Indy 500 WoW.
    and is really nice.

They do have a real glitch in the voting system, so for now, all the voting in the world won't do any good.

10. The "glitch" is that the Pontiac owner posted to a Pontiac forum site and rallied the Poncho fans to vote on as many computers as they can find...laptop, pc, smart phone, etc. Guess it's time to "rally the H.A.M.Ber's!!!!!" .....spread the word!

11. Yep...wish you could go Josh!

12. I'll be there Wednesday evening, all day Thursday and most of Friday. Went last year and really had a blast.

13. Scruff, Networking is one thing, convert owner on the Pontiac site was say'n how connected I was on the HAMB. So, him on the Pontiac site, me on here, that is fair. No complaints.

Didn't see it mentioned about the Pontiac member bragging about finding a computer that doesn't store cookies. I'm not a computer guy, but my daughter watched the votes rack up at a rate of about 1 every two minutes for the poncho and no one was voting for any of the other 11 cars

Another guy on the Pontiac site was bragging how he can set there and keep voting for the same car over and over...That is not networking, where I come from, it is called cheating. This isn't how I roll.

If the Pontiac owner truely needs to do this to feed his own self ego, then more power to him. I voted for him so he'll have one more vote, and he didn't have to cheat to get it.

Just my 2 cents..

14. 65wagonman

65wagonman
    from indy

hi its the guy with the Pontiac i voted for you as well i love your car we talk at at the 500 i did go to the Pontiac site and ask for votes no one over their ever heard of suede and chrome we can do like the build off shows and split it OK talk to at the show Brody

15. 65wagonman

65wagonman
    from indy

hey i just wanted you to know i did not ask anyone to vote moor than once hears what the suede and chrome people sent me
    Simply visit www.suede-and-chrome.com for voting….vote early, vote often, and have your friends vote! Let’s have some fun with this! Kirby Tipple, owner of Suede-and-Chrome deserves a lot of credit for putting on this great contest for us. it should be vote once and be fair Brody

16. 65wagonman

65wagonman
    from indy

hey mercdeuceman i don't know your name i sent you a few p /m from the Pontiac site check them out later Brody

17. Brody,
    This is some funny shit... Shows what a small world we live in. I sent you an answer to your PM on the other board too.
    New rules for this weekend will level the field for everyone.

I know of at least three hamber's in this contest. So, in fairness to everyone involved, please only vote one time from one computer.

18. 65wagonman

65wagonman
    from indy

cool with that later brody

19. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Throw in my 2 cents also.

20. fms427

fms427

Fowler MotorSports will be there !

21. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The show was pretty good. It was great to talk with some of the vendors that we don't normally get to work with and it was awesome to see the assortment of cars as well.

Combined with a trip to Greg Smith Equipment and then a quick stop at Harbor Freight for a few little doo-dads, it was a great day.

Here is a link to a photo set of the show for those that would have liked to have been there. It is the very first album on my photo site (for now). See "2011 Hot Rod & Restoration Indy".

And, John/Susie, there are a bunch of photos of your 55 at the end because I just like taking photos of your car! It is hard to photograph a black car with a cheapo digital camera so I went ahead and played around with the photos a little to get some kind of cool looks.

Enjoy.

http://public.fotki.com/redlinetoys/

22. Bob,
    Thanks for all the pictures. The show was great and we were in some pretty impressive company at the show.
    Aside from parking the car and wiping it down on Thursday night, we only made it down on Saturday. Our cell phones don't take very good pictures.
    We got to spend some time looking at the displays and cars but most of our time was spent talking to exhibitors and vendors who were at the Indy 500 World of Wheels last month.
    Thanks to all who voted, whichever way you voted is not important. I think there were only 3 HAMB cars there. I know Dave, Brody, Susie and I appreciated the support. Forgive me if I left anyone out, it's not intentional. If anyone wants to know, The red and black 39 Ford, a real swoopy wedge shaped car won the overall competion for Peoples Choice.
    We got a chance to go to a trade show for free, a reason to detail the car, a really nice show card for the car that we did not have, and made some new friends along the way. That's what it is all about.

23. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

did I smell fresh paint on the gasser? it sure is a clean 55

24. Thanks,
    Yeah, other than setting in the club display at the Motorama a couple of times, it had never been in an indoor show, so we did breakout some paint last week to spiff it up a bit. Got all new flat glass and a new back window for it so they will be going in sometime soon as well.

25. That black 55 gasser is Bitchin!!!

26. Ohio Rodder

Ohio Rodder

I just posted on a different thread the Innovation Award winners from the show, guess I should have added onto this thread! Sorry about that!

Anyway the thread is called: 2011 Innovation Awards winners

27. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Thanks for the pics redlinetoys. I took a few with an old digital and it just doesn't like to take indoor shots. Eric from Steel Rubber was really cool and I really appreciate him inviting me and Ole Black Betty. He had a good selection of cars. The thing that got me was the vendors. They were never in a rush to answer questions. I know they were pitching their stuff, but at some of the shows where they want to sell their stuff off the floor they always seem in a hurry.

28. So what was the buzz at this years Hot Rod and Resto show? Business is booming, it sucks, gas prices will kill it, the Gov will murder us, we'll be regulated out, new cars as hot rods, good time to be in business, if you want to get into the hot rod biz you're crazy, people are too broke to spend money on hot rod's?? What did the experts say about the industry's future?

What is your take? Need to know because without it we have no HAMB, or life.

29. slik

slik

Great show. My first time going. Guess I should have read this post prior to going and could have met up with some other HAMBers.

Great group of vendors. Everyone had time to talk.

30. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Everything I heard was positive. A little grumbling about gas prices and some of the states try to pass bill to inforce the emissions crap. But everyone I talked to was very upbeat and looking for a good year. Hell I don't think anything would murder us. Shit if they put up a wall we'll figure a way to tear it down.