Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of you guys are building models instead of your car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Bowtie383

Bowtie383
    from Australia

I just picked up a 34 3 window and frame for nostalgia racing,I have been a bit busy on that and have not had time ti build any models.

Regards Tony.

2. well my soo called garage is full of stuff (cant walk around in it) and my shoebox is sitting on the driveway and it has been COLD and SNOWY until latly ,yes ive been working on models
    it was half way warm yesterday so i took the cover off my shoebox and actually worked on it a little

today it was cooler so i sat in the house and worked on a scratch built gasser setup for a 1/16 55 chevy nomad

every year during the winter i work on my plastic until i get a bad enough case of cabin fever then i drop the plastic and start back on the steel if i had a usable garage i would be working on the real stuff more....

yeah i know excuses but im not as young as i used to be ive done the engine pulls etc in falling snow

but as was mentioned im in REAL danager of losing my job (thanks ohio governer) so it maybe a summer of working on plastic and missing alot of carshows and prolly selling off my stash

3. sizzler67

sizzler67
    from Canada

Unable to work on 1:1's anymore these large scale builds keep me going .

[​IMG]

4. Ive been slack in the model deptment latley, maybe due to being busy on my 1.1s. Only had a shop for the last year, and before that, built models hard out to keep my sickness alive.
    Winters coming, so should be back into it soon.
    Jeff, that truck rocks.

5. gsport

gsport

i havn't put a model together in probably 30 years... i was just thinking about this the other day..

6. Deuces

Deuces

Some of you modelers probably know about this stuff.. Clear coat for model cars.. You might want to read up on this article..

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html
    I tried it on one of my "BiG T" steelies and couldn't believe how it turned out.. All I did was apply 1 coat of that stuff with a soft brush on the bare plastic.. This is what it looked like the following day.. It's the one on the right..

Attached Files:

7. !Michael!

!Michael!
    from Adelaide

here is my 1/8 Deuce

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Deuces

Deuces

9. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Not a huge custom fan, but that's a sweet car!

10. wsdad

wsdad

I'm mocking up my F.E.D. T-Bucket chasis out of PVC pipe and styrofoam. Does that count? It's like a 1:1 model.

11. Deuces

Deuces

It sure does!!!! Let's see it!! :)

12. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Im building a 32 roadster kit with my step sons now. lol

13. wisdonm

wisdonm

When I'm not cruising or showing my '68 Intermeccanica Italia, racing my go-kart, or crewing at SCCA races, I build about six models a year.

I'm a new member of the H.A.M.B. Plastic Model builders.

I'm also the Projects Administrator at BMC. That means I run the forum project builds. http://www.briansmodelcars.com/forums/activehttp://

And I compete with the Saturday Night Racing Association on the Scale Racing Lobby. I'm currently in 5th in the Street Stock division with my '67 Olds 442. http://z8.invisionfree.com/Scale_Racing_Lobby/index.php?showforum=74

[​IMG]

14. Deuces

Deuces

I visit BMC alot.. Just haven't signed up yet.. :eek:

15. Old&Low

Old&Low

I'm a little late in spotting this thread, but I'm with Russ; it's a lot easier and cheaper trying things out on 1/25 before I go balls out on the 1/1 stuff. Right now temperature (110 yesterday at 7:00 pm) and no rain in site is keeping me so busy trying to keep trees alive I just glance longingly at the shop on my way to and from moving water and repairing lines! Really cool A's Russ!

16. Carcrazyjohn - you are not playing with toys. You are creating fine works of miniature automotive art. :D

[​IMG]

ONE of my showcases.

17. fbama73

fbama73

My modeling buddies are giving me grief because I'm spending most of my free time in the garage on the Chevy instead of at the model bench

18. Deuces

Deuces

Pontiac 389 mill that I was working on last year... Haven't done much since then..:eek::rolleyes: Hopefully, I'll have the whole car done soon..

Sorry for the "fuzzy" picture.... Still learning how to do close-ups with my cell phone.. :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  19. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Mostly, I like trucks...

[​IMG]

and during the winter when it's too cold out in the shop, I'll put in some good modeling time. But now that it's warm enough, I'm pretty much done untill next fall.

20. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Will somebody PLEASE build this phantom COE in 1 to 1 scale???

[​IMG]