Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 59 wagon I am looking at?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidh73750, Mar 7, 2011.

1. davidh73750

davidh73750

I've been wanting to get a wagon for some time. I had looked at this one a while back then it was tied up with some other cars in a legal mess and is now straightened out. I went down and looked at it saturday. Only real rust is in the passenger rear floor board, driver's rear has some but not much. maybe the bottom quarters have a slight amount of rust but not bad talking the top 2 inches. It has one repaint. body is fairly straight, one slight bump in passenger quarter but no crease. It was originally red with white top, white top of fins and grey interior. The back seat was folded down and when I raised it up and was not ripped but bottom wasnt original. The last tag was 73. It appears to have been OKLA car most of its life. I forgot to take pics after we cut the trees down. The original 283 is missing the heads. Back glass is broken but even the windshield is useable for now. Its a parkwood trim but has the impala/nomad steering wheel. The saving grace of this car was it was jacked up on blocks and not buried into the dirt. I had and idea of an price and his is more.:mad: What would this bring in your area price wise? Not too many 59 wagons out there so maybe I should go for it.

Attached Files:

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its pretty cool drag it out drop in a donor 350 and have a neato ride

3. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Buy it, buy it, buy it!!!!!!!!!

4. If you can make it happen, you won't regret buying it. If you don't buy it, you'll regret it forever. Sell something or pay some down now & the rest later. Make it happen. Somehow. That looks to be a super old car.

If his price is close enough that you're still considering it, it's close enough. Get over what you wanted to pay for it & own the damn thing!

JH

5. davidh73750

davidh73750

Man I was thinking of you and your elky. Just re read your posts too. He's got a parts car 4dr bel air too I can get stuff off.

6. My El Camino, the trip to buy it, & another trip to get it home had me strapped for cash for 5 months - but it's home now, paid for, & not costing me a dime while it waits for a 5.3, bagged suspension, & not much else before hitting the road rough & ugly.

I'm planning to have a lot of fun for far less than $5K.

Go get the wagon. That kid in your avatar will love you for it.

JH

7. davidh73750

davidh73750

Harrison you should be selling cars. LOL. I can get the car for a grand. I was thinking 750. Like you I've bought some cars before and didn't go out or eat out for months scraping to get what ever it was.
    Yeah thinking my son(avatar) and step son in a 59 wagon cruising to Lonestar in the near future with a vintage ice chest full of soda!

8. So you're not selling yours?!

9. I would look at the back drip rail and under it. Where the t/gate glass meets when its up. they rust out there too. My uncles 59 Nomad had lots of rust there. Just a thought..

10. Squablow

Squablow

That's a steal, especially if he's going to let you strip the 4 door parts car, or better yet, take it whole. If you get the whole parts car, you could very easily part it out for more than you paid for both cars and still keep whatever parts you need for the wagon.

I wouldn't hesitate to pay a grand for that car. If it's really as solid as you say it is, it would easily bring twice that on the open market, maybe more (especially if it has a title). You won't buy one any cheaper than that, I guarantee you.

11. scrape

scrape

if you dont buy it id be interested in saving it...

12. davidh73750

davidh73750

I know the top of that drip rail is clean all the way around. there were trees towards the back so hard to look up under but I think its clean

13. daddio211

daddio211

Just from the pics it's worth the $1000 easy, in my opinion. Grab it quick before someone flashes him a quick grand and steals it out from under you!

14. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Life is too short to quibble over $250.00. Just go buy the car.

course it ain't MY $250.

But a grand is a very fair price for the ol wagon.

15. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ya buy that 'cause if the glass isn't all milky it's worth the grand,then the trim's worth a bit, the dash is worth at least a c note and who knows what the tailgate's worth if it's decent. So even if you don't build it and end up parting it out you still can't loose. But ya toss a 350 at it and drive the snot out of it.

16. $1000?!?!!? I'd be doing backflips over that car at $2500! Go get the damn wagon!

Nope! Got strapped for cash (wrecked my daily driver) but weathered the storm. I'm reenergized with a solid plan for a FUN beater.

JH

17. Tony

Tony

I was thinking the same thing! Thats a great price!! That thing is worth way more than that in parts alone, and it looks FAR from a parts car to me!
    Don't think about it too long....you will regret it.

Tony

18. That is good news..
    Did you see the new 59-60 bedfloors, that they're making in Orange Cnty, Ca.? $2275.00 shipped.. wow!

19. JSHAW

JSHAW

Buy it!! Here is what you HAVE to do to it!!!!!!!!

JIMMY SMITH Hot Rod Design

Attached Files:

20. Yeah. Crazy $$$. Think I'll stick with the bed floor from a late model truck.

JH

21. Ricky B

Ricky B

nice find......what's up next ???

22. davidh73750

davidh73750

Go back in 10days for it looks like.

23. 59wood

59wood
    from Dago, CA

That my friend is a steal for a $1000 bucks. That's what I paid for my 59 wagon and not a day goes buy that I say to my self I won't let this ride slip through my fingers and my wagon was in Washington state and I live in San Diego Ca. Buy the pictures you posted it looks pretty solid and especialy offering you to raid a parts car for the missing parts it might need. If that wagon was near my neck of the woods I'd be jumping on it in a heart beat. Good luck on the buy and hope it's still there when you go back for it

24. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Buy the thing for $1000 and get it to your shop! Don't quibble over $250. As everyone else is saying, the parts are worth that or more.

The Parkwood trim looks great on these cars and remember most of the trim is stainless steel and can be straightened and polished pretty easily. Strong aftermarket for the brakes, suspension, etc.

Buy it or tell me where it is and I'll take it.

Enjoy:)

25. WOO HOO!!!!!!

I can't wait for updates. Take a camera!

JH

26. Swede64

Swede64

I´ll just say the same thing, buy it! I bought my 64 Olds Wagon in San Diego and shipped it to Sweden. Best deal i´ve done the last 20 years.

27. slik

slik

get it! wagons are getting harder to find (for those of us who like them).
    they were the family workhorse vehicle. most of them disposed of after their use.

so when you find a good one, get it.

or let me know if you dont want it :)

28. davidh73750

davidh73750

I grew up learning to drive a 70's olds wagon. Snuck out a lot of girls in that thing before I had a driver's license:eek:.
    There's also a 60 NOMAD but its not for sale yet and is not as good of shape as the 59. Has a 235PG combo.
    I have a soft spot for the cat eyes tail lights as well

Attached Files:

29. Toner283

Toner283

There is a 59 Parkwood 4dr wagon for sale near me for $3200 and it needs floors. runs & drives otherwise. I figured that was a good price for it. $1000 is a great price. I paid more than that for my 59 Elky and it is not in as good of shape as the way you describe the wagon.

Remember to take lots of pictures of the wagon when you pick it up & load it. Maybe designate one person to be the official picture taker. That is what I did when I picked up my elky, that way I did not have to worry about both loading & taking pictures.

We need to see those pictures after you have taken them so please post them up....

Good luck with the purchase.

30. Ocean56

Ocean56
    from Michigan

Makes me wish I still had my '60 sedan delivery......