Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Neighbor stole my Gasser- legal help needed near KC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69fury, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

OK, I'm back, I took a little nap again, this time the very fit chick was wearing tight leather shorts, I put an ice cube right on her little taily bone and it melted real fast and made steam. Any ways, what you have here is an a hole. And you have an a hole that has found a little tiny hole in your armor from which he can poke you with a stick and irritate the piss out of you. The way I see it, as long as you have no other place to put this car he is going to keep poking you and sticking you. I would put the car on a storage lot or what ever you have to do just to get that poking stick out of this turds hands. Then I would keep an eye on him and fashion my own stick and poke him till he is crossed eyed. The only real way to defeat an a hole is step aside so he can get in front of you so you can lift your boot to his back side. You could waste a lot of time and money on lawyers, break a hand on him and eat bologna and corn bread or just move the car and look for a way to get even.

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

If you cant simplify what happened, I'm sure a jury will never understand your description of the crime committed - if indeed there was one.

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Here in the state I'm in the towers won't tow an abandoned car or off private property unless they are assured of getting paid for their time.

One of the ways this is accomplished is that the cop supervisor who orders the tow gives the tower a form to process a salvage title for the car. Then the tower owns the car and can recoup his fees from the sale/scrapping of the towed car.

Get the car back ASAP.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Huh? I think I'm confused.

5. revjimk

revjimk
    from Denver

All I can say is towing companies are some corrupt MFs. I parked at a Wendy's for 5 MINUTES, ran in another store & back out, & they were towing my car....tried to stop the driver (It was still in parking lot) he wouldn't stop, told me to call the company. I was told it would cost extra to get it that nite, got it the next day, was told I could have saved $ if I had stopped them in lot (which I tried!) or in the street (A-hole wouldn't stop!)
    Legalized car theft rings!!!!

6. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

forget about putting good money out for a worthless lawyer. find a place for your car and make sure it is bonded/insured. look for an opportunity to cost the bastard some money that you won't get caught up in and nail him. then, move out in the country on your own land and tell everyone to k your a.

7. If this goes to the landlord, be prepared for everybody to be evicted.

8. move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. big creep

big creep

x2 move! time to get out of there, i would have handled it different and would be in jail for kicking that assholes ass! this guy went back on his word! do you really want to live next to someone like that??? i wouldnt, its only going to get worse! if you have been there longer talk to the landlord, see if you can get him kicked out? good luck.

10. cheveey57

cheveey57

I figure his broken jaw is worth about $245.00

11. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Get insured and burn the block to the ground!!!!

12. 69fury

69fury

I'm mostly furious that he told me the CITY would tow people (not "i'm gonna call it in")

plus - i told him that we'd move it out of the drive if the city wasn't happy-he only stated that he was mad at the kids that denied his right to ingress/egress-

when his new tenant kept hitting his garage- he asked us to move the falcon back about 15 feet to give her more room - we did it within 10 minutes.

3 years ago- he said- "you guys use the south lane, as long as we can get through on the north lane"

dude lied to me about what the scoop was- told me the city would tow- and he's right- i got a notice to move my car by March 21st- but then he called the tow company and told them it was on his property to get it towed at 4 times the cost on March 3rd.

just hate getting bent over by people that have money and dont need to go through due process.

rick

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..I know thats right..

isnt this where someone says.."Just go punch him in the throat?":eek::D

sucks to deal with people sometimes..makes you want to move out into the country and become a hermit

14. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I HAVE some property that has a egress and ingress easement, But only persons listed on the easement or persons on the general city easement list can access it. Not just any Tom DIck and Harry who want to access it. For a fact no towing companies are on my easement list.

15. richman1969

richman1969

most lawyers here in ohio do a phone consultation for free and if you ask they will tell you what to file(first) and against who....once you've filed police paper work ,they will usually send by email or fax a sumery of your phone discussion with them to the officer in charge of investigation...

16. L79_Acadian

L79_Acadian
    from canada

Dont get mad,get even. Wait till the neighbour parks his car,disable it, then have it towed away because its blocking the laneway.

17. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

baseball bats are cheaper than a law suit

18. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

agreed.....

19. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Best advice yet.

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ok My first comment is to hire Charlie Sheen as your lawyer ,You will be winning ,2nd comment is your 100 percent right ,Someone can not have your car towed......legally .....Id be in jail for murder ..............At the least battery If that happened to me.........Light a bag of shit on his doorstep while hes home..........And ring bell and run

21. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

22. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Get your car back, secure it in a garage, then have his shit towed by the same people.

23. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez guys, read the damn post. He HAS his car back, but it cost him some tow money.

I'll be in Lawrence on Saturday. Could you send me the guys name, address, and a description of his favorite possession? A picture of him would be a bonus.

24. 69fury

69fury

actually his yard seems to be his favorite thing to work on- my jeep's got some big ol tires but farming the yard is definitely not a legal way to handle it- (just making sure none of you have to testify against me) lol

he parks in the garage at the end of the drive (weirdo, right) and HIS half of the drive does sit on his property, so i cant have him towed.

25. Are you planning to move because of this?

Are you prepared to move if it becomes worse?

Do you think you two can discuss this without it turning into an argument and/or fight?

Disclaimer: I wouldn't take legal advice from me or anyone else on here. I'd look for a way to get free or cheap legal help in determining whether or not you should pursue this.

Maybe you can recoup your losses from him and/or the towing company. My guess is small claims court. If you filed a case against him and the towing company you might get satisfaction from them without having to actually go to court. If you go to court, I think you would have to get your story whittled down to the basics. You'd probably need the towing company paperwork that says he called it in and said it was on his property. If you win, then maybe the judge will suggest whether you should or should not pursue criminal charges.

26. 69fury

69fury

Travis Wickprick @ 2447 Winterbrook Dr. Lawrence KS 66047. or so i've been told...

27. badshifter

badshifter

My head hurts. Bad.

28. 69fury

69fury

Chapter 21: Crimes And Punishments

PART II.--PROHIBITED CONDUCT

Article 37: Crimes Against Property

Statute 21-3701: Theft. (a) Theft is any of the following acts done with intent to deprive the owner permanently of the possession, use or benefit of the owner's property:
    (1) Obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over property;
    (2) obtaining by deception control over property;
    (3) obtaining by threat control over property; or
    (4) obtaining control over stolen property knowing the property to have been stolen by another.
    (b) (1) Theft of property of the value of $100,000 or more is a severity level 5, nonperson felony.
    (2) Theft of property of the value of at least $25,000 but less than $100,000 is a severity level 7, nonperson felony.
    (3) Theft of property of the value of at least $1,000 but less than $25,000 is a severity level 9, nonperson felony.
    (4) Theft of property regardless of the value from three separate mercantile establishments within a period of 72 hours as part of the same act or transaction or in two or more acts or transactions connected together or constituting parts of a common scheme or course of conduct is a severity level 9, nonperson felony.
    (5) Theft of property of the value of less than $1,000 is a class A nonperson misdemeanor.
    (6) Theft of property of the value of less than $1,000 is a severity level 9, nonperson felony if committed by a person who has been convicted of theft two or more times.
    (c) Conviction of a violation of a municipal ordinance prohibiting acts which constitute theft as defined by this section shall be considered a conviction of theft for the purpose of determining the number of prior convictions and the classification of the crime under this section.

and before anyone gets funny about the word 'permanent' at the top, -all theft convictions would have to be overturned if they hadn't proven that the criminal wasn't just gonna abandon it or give it back/joyriding and dumping something-i'm sure the DA doesn't want a big thorn in his side - the guy living at one address had a car towed from another address by lying about owning all the property....

29. Moonless night and Roundup...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.