Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs custom tin woody's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustchops, Dec 3, 2010.

1. A while ago there was a thread with a bunch of tin woodies, some where converted to two doors. Anyway I have done the searches and come up with lots of cool woody stuff but not the particular thread. Anyone remember it, it had some two door conversions? I got a 50 chev wagon that wont sell so I am gonna use my sedan doors and splice in at the beltline with the wagon tops. Gonna try and make a two door, at least if it sucks I can sell the parts a little at a time.

2. Hi
    I don't know if this will help but I started a group for 1949-54 all steel
    wagons & sedan deliveries made by the general (GM) and Iv'e uploaded
    a lot of photos for inspiration purposes, so there might be some of the
    pictures your looking for, if not no harm no foul, but since you have a
    steel wagon your more than welcome to join weather you customize
    it or not.
    my regads
    gene
    (gemnewt)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. Hi
    I went to google and entered: custom 2 door tin woodys and then
    customized 2 door chevy wagons and finally customized 2 door woodie
    wagons, and I see alot of wagons 49-60's, if I knew more of what your
    looking for I think I would be able to help you out with your quest.
    gene

4. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

I sold my 52 Pontiac Tin Woody but this is what i had planned to do to it. Photoshop job was done by none other than our very own "Rikster" :cool:

1st pic is stock

2nd pick was chopped 3" all around and a windshield and cowl section from a 51-52 Hardtop was grafted on and the drip rail was mated to the stock one, the pillars were all slanted forward, the tailgate was leaned forward a bit. The front wheel openings were lowered then squared off at the top, the side trim was shortened, the "Indian" hood ornament was shaved off..as was the door handles and wagon tilt tail lights, head lights frenched and a set of 54 Pontiac bumpers were added front and rear.

Hope this gives you some motivation. ;)

Attached Files:

5. Rikster

Rikster

To bad you sold the project... I think these cars have some great potential if they are done right. The top above the windshield and A-pillars are flowing downwards towards the front on these cars, and that is something that needs to be fixed if you want a nice rearwards flowing custom car. But once thats done they make a killer custom.

6. jeff0547

jeff0547

I would have loved to buy your wagon but, getting a "non-op" from Portland to Sarasota, Florida, would have been so expensive I just couldn't afford it. We are just about as far apart as we could be, and still be in the continental US.
    Sorry, no one else saw the opportunity to save an old classic. :confused:

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I normally do not like chopped wagons, mainly because they never look proportionally right. I must say the picture shortdog post is about as close as one looking good as I have ever seen. the roof is the critical point and just chopping and dropping it does not work..

8. Isn't that Photoshop great, Your right Boones just chopping It distorts the proportions, but with that tilt and all those other subtle changes it gives the feeling the wagon is moving, the proportions just look right now. And I'm sure it won't be long before we see
    someone who utilizes this design and creates an award winning wagon.

9. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Yeah i would have really liked to have built that car but with the economy the way it is and not having the room to keep too many cars where i am...I decided to build the Suburban instead. :cool: