Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dave50`s Model A Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, Mar 2, 2011.

1. thegrappler

thegrappler

Never seen the Hellbent Coupe, but I like the way they look on this 32

Attached Files:

2. Dave50

Dave50

I will post a pic asap of it i ave a cenetrfold out of a mag, Yeah they look good on that 32 i got a little different idea if it will work :confused::)

3. thegrappler

thegrappler

One thing to keep in mind about zoomies, you will lose the performance gain from header scavenging, less you run a supercharger

4. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Don't give Dave any more ideas....

5. I love the chop on your coupe. If forward visibility will be a problem you could always thin out the visor horizontally for more forward view.
    Keep up the progress!

6. colorado hotrod

colorado hotrod
    from Colorado

Good looking start

Keep us posted

7. Dave, looks like a great start, keep us posted,,,,,Sam

8. thegrappler

thegrappler

Who me? :D

Attached Files:

9. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks guys i will post more when i can i did prime the body over the weekend now to do a little more body work:rolleyes: Hers a pic of a car i like with the style zoomies i want :D. Grappler that looks good if i can afford to do that i just may nothing like a huffer sitting in a A or 32 chassis etc hell i wont beable to see as it is, guess i will need a co-pilot ;)

Attached Files:

10. Dave50

Dave50

Got it primed

Attached Files:

11. Dave50

Dave50

Whadya think ???? different?? yes or no i have it lieing around

Attached Files:

12. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

Looks good in primer!

What is it?

13. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Its a steering wheel a paw saver they call it so you dont get your paw caught in wheel while racing.....

14. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Is that a tint base primer tinted close to the final color? or is it a funky new product? I like the color!
    I think the wheel is cool and might look good as the body color if your dash is going to contrast the body!

15. Dave50

Dave50

Its just red oxide primer and i think the light makes it lok mlike it does in the black berry pic. IDK what the final color is going to be yet but i do like this color. IDK what color frame yet either, may go black... ?? just tryig to figure it out while doing the fitting and finish body work

16. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

:):):)

Attached Files:

17. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

Yeah I figured that out after I posted. That's pretty wild. I really like the color of that primer too. Was it still wet when you took the pic? If not it's some mighty fancy red oxide.

18. Dave50

Dave50

What you offering Brian?? have a bunch of stuff for it it is for sale I have eye on something i have wanted for awhile.

Will thanks it was wet and the lights i think make it look like it does, i like it, we w see. It was a little pricey. IDK if i will use the wheel yet but i like it if it grows are on me i will.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  19. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

look'n goooooooog...

20. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

shoulda said "look'n goooooood !!!!
    Dave knowns me anyway.. just took my meds etc etc...

21. Dave50

Dave50

Ik what ya mean slim i do that all the time get pushing keys and poing at them you make mistakes. I been sick the last week havent got much done cant wait for warm weather

22. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

And the exhaust coming in the car at stop lights or cruising sucks, but I really like the look of zoomies

23. Dave50

Dave50

Sorry Mike and others wanting updates but havent got any yet been busy at work and havent gotten much done but will soon. Its kiling me too i want to drive this thing this summer to a few shows and just drive :cool:

24. Dave50

Dave50

Update on the Model A guys, A friend wanted real bad so i sold it to him:( But I found this old jalopy i think it has potential been sitting for 45 years in a garage! Barn find whatever you want to call it I am stoked and thank god and my friend from california who found this for me. Let me know what you think. It has a 303 olds with a hydro i think a chrysler rear LH threads on rear lugs. I need wheels and tires but havent figured out what i want to do yet... I also plan to lower the rear and unchannell i think i just dont know yet. I will drive it just the way it is this summer and This hing has never had a patch panel put in and doesnt need them..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  25. SteadyT

SteadyT

Holy sh*t.

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

How unfortunate!:rolleyes::D

27. Very cool find!I like it!It would be cool to see it at the Rattlers show!

28. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hello Dave, looks good to me! A way chopped model A and a good strong well built chassis by the looks of it. If its Dave friendly thats all that counts.

29. Dave50

Dave50

I hope to have it runnning by then and on road!! lol and way sooner. Mikeyc ik i went from a model A that was all i could could afford and find to the holy grail. I need a cowl-friewall and wheels and tires.