Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dave50`s Model A Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Dave50

Dave50

Finally decided to build what i got laying around chassis isnt HAMB friendly per say but it`ll have to do for now, dont hammer it to bad its what i can afford and am not a metal or body guy let me know what you guys think and any ideas are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. It certainly looks H.A.M.B. friendly to me! Nice start to what should be an awesome rod! What drive train are you going to use?

3. cruzr

cruzr

Ditch the disc brakes and you got a good start.

4. 52pig

52pig

I think you have something great sitting there. Good luck with the build and keep the posts coming.

5. 76cam

76cam

Looks good to me.I think its gonna be a nice project.

6. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Look's great. Wish my '31 A's body was that nice.

7. bgaro

bgaro

sweet, you may think about flipping the firewall for a bit more room up front. there is a thread on here somewhere about it.

8. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

looks pretty good too me! but on the other end what do I know?
    Pontiac Slim

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Looks good from my house .
    KEEP POSTED.

10. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Guys appreciate it! I am going with a small block chevy for now i think lol frame is set up for it and i have 8 of them running and lying around its what i do for a living ;). I have a halibrand 301 rear i am going to use,this is my first build so gonna be a learing experience. I have got my eye on a 32 that i want but dont think its for sale yet and thats the one if ya know what i mean lol, its all old school with just the right amount of upgrades to make it really fun to drive, but it has a chevy and want to put a ford in it if i get it.I also was thinking of reversing the firewall havent found that thread yet. But it seems pretty straight forward. Thanks again will poist more pics asap check my build pics in my profile to.

11. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks slim hows it going i been super busy got rid of all the help at work lack of buisness and there laziness lol hope all is well TTUS

12. 55chevr

55chevr

how much is the body chopped .... I love the look ... Joe

13. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks alot Ford mike i was looking for that i did see it before but forgot who did it.

Joe and Mike Its gonna be tough to see out of most likley with the visor,6 inch chop,and windshield will be functional. It is more like 6 1/2 though. I like the look too and wanted a aggressive looking car when done i am winging it here getting ideas from the HAMB. Again idk if i have to raise it yet but if i do it will only a inch :cool:. Hope to get more done this weekend thanks again guys TTUS

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  14. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice start! Look forward to seeing your build progress.

15. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

Looking good man. It's going to look real nice with those purple and pink scallops!

16. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

hey... I'm keep'n a low profile, this winter have not doing all that great but hang'n on...Pat about the same. My daughter get'n married in June so thats kinda $$$/and lots of planning. Get'n married at Camp Sunshine /Point Sebago Lake... She wants the coupe to be there.. I asked why... she came unglued.. "WELL ITS PART OF THE FAMILY!!! hmmm...
    anyway glad to see your work'n on the coupe.... keep your mind busy too..

17. boutlaw

boutlaw

Wow! Love the chop, wish my coupe body was that nice, what a great place to start, Keep posting...

Outlaw

18. 521BJXL

521BJXL
    from ak

:D My daughter get'n married in June so thats kinda $$$/and lots of planning. Get'n married at Camp Sunshine /Point Sebago Lake... She wants the coupe to be there.. I asked why... she came unglued..

19. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Will i need to get it done so we can cruise this summer when you not working lol
    No purple with pink scallops for me you can though haha.
    WEll slim we are thinking about ya and saying prayers too. I cant believe you asked what for either you should know the old blister means alot to the whole family. congrats on the wedding. I have to get my coupe done and take a ride up to see you and i always wanted to go to te county in the summer instead of winter lol TTUS
    Thanks outlaw me too i hope lol gonna have to pay attention when driving it gonna be tough to see outta i think but oh well. I will post more pics when i get more done

20. How about this? :D
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Dave50

Dave50

WOW Mike that`s is AWESOME lots of work in that 1 I`m Not fond of green though but very nice

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey Dave... ya haz to make the Downeast Rod Run in August .....Think you'll be run'n by then?

23. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

looks pretty sweet lets see some more.

24. 29ToyA

29ToyA

That thing is really chopped! Can't wait to see more

25. bgaro

bgaro

what are u planning on running for a transmission? i vote for a muncie 4 speed to go witha sbc. if u need an A to look at manchester NH aint to far from u.

26. Dave50

Dave50

I hope so slim but we will see .

I just got the wood kit today I will post pics asap and the more i get done. It is chopped a ton but oh well i`m still young so the next 1 wont be as bad lol. I am thinking 4spd eberyone says automatic but there to old lol and my exhaust will be very agressive looking but baffled probably gona have change it.

27. thegrappler

thegrappler

Like you car! mine is a 5-1/2 chop in my avatar so similar to yours, When you say agressive exhaust you mean Zoomies? that would be cool, I like the way the sandersons look. Some day I,ll build my own styled after this pic

Attached Files:

28. Dave50

Dave50

Grappler How in the hell can you read my mind? yes it going to have Zoomies! Thats a good call I have been looking for some pics of the Hellbent coupe i seen in a magazine awhile back what a sweet ride that is and am going to have a car look like that some day.Has anyone ever seen this car ik if its real just a centerfold in a mag